Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (updated)

UPDATE 4:25PM PT:

Link posted by lindsey1151:

Press release - true-to-you.net
24 January 2013

Morrissey's concert tonight, January 24, in Flint, MI has been cancelled and subsequent performances in Minneapolis (1/25) and Chicago (1/26) are currently being postponed due to band illness. Those who have already purchased tickets for tonight's show in Flint will be refunded their full ticket price. Those who have already purchased tickets for performances in Minneapolis and Chicago are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for rescheduled dates. The tour will resume Monday, January 28 in Asheville, NC.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience and wishes his band a speedy recovery!

Terry sends word from the venue that tonight's show in Flint, MI is cancelled due to Morrissey's illness.

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Twitter updated from the venue:

https://twitter.com/TheWhitingFlint/status/294550746832187392

Due to artists' illness, tonight's performance of MORRISSEY has been cancelled. Refunds will be given at point of purchase.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed - live in Detroit area about 1.5 hour drive from where I live. I just wish we could have known earlier today at the least. I guess he was thinking about powering through it. I guess. They notice was only about 3 hours prior to the show.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled

Really upset. Came to MI with my daughter from FL to see the show. A few years ago was to see him in Tampa but that was cancelled now this one is off. Cant afford to keep traveling to be let down.
Still if they cant perform then ..... Anyway, its upsetting.

According to the site, the date will not be rescheduled, so the fans here are shafted. Maybe this was canceled due to poor ticket sales?

A few hours ago they bumped the time from 9pm to 8pm and then cancelled the entire thing. Being from Flint, I am guessing the lack of ticket sales, the Whiting is not a venue for acts like Morrissey.

Come on, he only waited until 3 hours before the show, complete BS.

I got a message like an hour or two earlier that the shod would be at 8 instead of 9, so things were looking good. At around 6 the message came that the show was cancelled.

Complete crap if he knew he was canceling and waited until so late.

Betfair won't pay up either, I had this cancellation at 5/1 on their Bet In-Play market but they're claiming the market was on a postponement

The Midwest is not anything to play with. I'm In Chicago praying.

According to the site, the date will not be rescheduled, so the fans here are shafted. Maybe this was canceled due to poor ticket sales?

main floor & 1st balcony were sold out
Monday morning they only had seats on the 2nd balcony
so it wasn't ticket sales.

Was just about to leave for show at 7pm...glad I checked one last time...50min.-1hr away-Port Huron...would have been SECOND TIME to Flint for nothing. I have seen Moz several times but was really looking forward to hearing the new material esp. "Action Is My Middle Name" and hopefully "Because of My Poor Education"...also was hoping to hear Smiths' material that I have never heard live like "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side". It is soooo cold tonight...I was thinking that I wish that the concert that I went to in October was the concert...then again was just starting to get psyched up for the show.

The venue just called us at 7:10 pm to let us know that the show was cancelled. They said that it was a bandmember that was ill, not Morrissey but who knows. I'm not buying the poor ticket sales comments. I checked earlier today and there were only a handful of seats at the back of the Orchestra section available. Not sold out but plenty of tickets were sold.

I'm so sorry for everyone that had tickets to tonight's show. I know that feeling when he or the band have to cancel, it sucks. :tears:
Feeling really nervous about Jan. 28th now.
Ughhhhh.

As a resident of Detroit, I thought it was absolutely stupid to schedule Flint instead of Detroit--considering Detroit gets people from around here--plus Windsor, Ann Arbor, Toledo. Hit up the Filmore in Detroit next time!! I for one glad I didn't buy tickets to Flint...would had if it was closer.

He's played the Filmore(State Theater)...I was there in 2004. I drove from Port Huron in October...this Whiting Theater is a VERY NICE venue and in a VERY NICE cultural area...UM-Flint/other colleges. This would have been a great concert...in October.

As a resident of Detroit, I thought it was absolutely stupid to schedule Flint instead of Detroit--considering Detroit gets people from around here--plus Windsor, Ann Arbor, Toledo. Hit up the Filmore in Detroit next time!! I for one glad I didn't buy tickets to Flint...would had if it was closer.

For Maladjusted Tour, when Morrissey played Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor...I shouted to the man-"Morrissey make Motown...Moztown"...and the man then went on to play The State Theater(no need to thank me). I know that Morrissey was troubled by Detroit(in the Johnny Rogan book) when The Smiths played there in 1985...they stayed in a hotel where one of his idols stayed and at that time the hotel was shady and in horrible condition...I am sure that is still the case or it has been torned down/burned down. I think that if Morrissey played Detroit again...he would want it to be at The Fox Theater.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

He made it to Pittsburgh. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. Sorry Flint, I feel your pain.

So that means he more than likely won't make any more changes then, right? I am very concerned about him and I feel selfish for saying this, but I am stressed out for the concert as well. I have never seen him live and am going with my father, whom I do not see often at all and I figured it would be a good time to y'know bond. Music has always been the only thing that kept us in touch really.

Sorry for the life story.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

Middle of winter, flu season is at its peak, and these guys travel a lot...very believable that they got sick. I had a pit ticket; I'm definitely let down, but it's not a conspiracy. Sometimes people get sick.

Back
Top Bottom