farewell at Earl's Court

P

Pica

I've been searching for the bits of discussion on this matter and try as i might can't find a bean. What was the final word?

> I've been searching for the bits of discussion on this matter and try as i
> might can't find a bean. What was the final word?

"Whereas there is goodbye, and there is farewell, this is farewell."

the general sentiment seems to be that the dublin gig has negated peoples fears and speculation about the comments at EC. also, its been brought to our attention that there are 3 u.s. february dates up on morrisseymusic.com at unspecified locations. it says "check back soon." you still never know i guess, but i'm trying to be optimistic.

Goodbye versus Farewell

Well, yeah. I mean, i heard the words at Earl's Court and it never even occurred to me that they were retirememt words. Goodbye after all traditionally means "this is the last time I shall see you" and Farewell traditionally means "stay healthy til I see you again". I thought in themselves they meant nothing. If there are any other factors suggesting he may leave us..... then, I may have to boil my head.

I HEARD THAT THERE IS A NEW ALBUM IN THE PIPELINE,POSSIBLY NEXT SPRING/SUMMER!!
NEW MATERIAL HAS ALREADY BEN WRITTEN,SO WATCH THIS SPACE.

Re: Goodbye versus Farewell

> Well, yeah. I mean, i heard the words at Earl's Court and it never even
> occurred to me that they were retirememt words. Goodbye after all
> traditionally means "this is the last time I shall see you" and
> Farewell traditionally means "stay healthy til I see you again".
> I thought in themselves they meant nothing. If there are any other factors
> suggesting he may leave us..... then, I may have to boil my head.

I totally agree, Goodbye is more final than a Farewell.

Re: Goodbye versus Farewell

Certainly hope this is the case.

I'm trying to implant the idea in my head that Morrissey had been taken aback by the crowd response last Saturday, rather being emotional for any more significant reasons.

For me, it was the best show of 2004 (ok, I'd only been to four). Everything looked set for it to be a let-down..the cavernous venue only a quarter full 30 minutes before the show...crap support from James Maker...the 40 minute queue for a single drink. But once the Morrissey lights went on, the place filled and everything fell into place brilliantly from there on.

And what great songs he's given us this year. Obviously, one day will come when he calls it a day - but just not now please!

> I totally agree, Goodbye is more final than a Farewell.

Back
Top Bottom