Factory International: "A night with The Johnny Marr Orchestra" (on December 7-8, 2023)

A NIGHT WITH THE JOHNNY MARR ORCHESTRA

JM_2000x1125.f1ccbae~2.jpg

Get ready for a night of classics and fan favourites brought to life with a new, expanded sound as Johnny Marr takes to the stage with a full orchestra.

Known for crafting a generation-defining guitar sound with The Smiths,
Marr has carved out an equally impressive solo career, bringing his masterful playing to a new generation of indie rock fans.

In 2022, Marr released his fourth solo album Fever Dreams Pts. 1–4 to widespread critical acclaim, before touring with the likes of Blondie and The Killers. Now, he brings his live show back to where it all began – right here in Manchester.

For this special performance at Aviva Studios, Marr is joined on stage by some of the best classical musicians from across Manchester. Together, they’ll reinterpret Marr’s mightily impressive catalogue in A Night with the Johnny Marr Orchestra.

This looks rather interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I've seen Johnny live. Great new venue, crowd pleasing set, fantastic use of an orchestra. Not ostentatious or pretentious in the slightest. All class. No songs about conspiracy theories or telephones ringing. All love and joy.

And 25 quid for a signed poster, could get ten of those for one Moz vinyl.
Sounds so so great, I'm jealous....

Sounds so so great, I'm jealous....

From what I can gather if these shows are a success he may do a bigger tour. The shows have sold very well and the footage I’ve seen so far looks fab, so a bigger tour could happen. I’m at a tonights gig and really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Oh, have fun :) ! From what I saw it looks absolutely amazing! I really hope so, but Johnny also seems to like to skip the mainland 😞 but fingers crossed🤞🤞🤞

The videos just put a big smile on my face. That's how it's done! Absolutely what these songs deserve. Looking forward to find more videos of it.

The videos just put a big smile on my face. That's how it's done! Absolutely what these songs deserve. Looking forward to find more videos of it.
It was incredible to say the least. You really notice the strings on songs like There is a Light, or Last night I dreamt etc. But the way they were used to augment such as Please please please or HSIN was genius. Very well done.

Also credit to Johnny for doing the crowd pleasers. He said in the week to Vernon Kay that of course they'd do crowd pleasers because 'people deserve it because they're good people' or something. Top man. I honestly don't recall seeing so many happy people leaving a show for a long time.

It was incredible to say the least. You really notice the strings on songs like There is a Light, or Last night I dreamt etc. But the way they were used to augment such as Please please please or HSIN was genius. Very well done.
Couldn't say it better. Best show I've seen for ages. Those songs with the orchestra were pure magic.

I’m going tonight, I’ll be honest I didn’t realise the capacity was so big. I’ve been there too, to that balloon thing. I just don’t think I was expecting 5000 people standing! I’m not great with massive standing crowds! 😱

Here's the Chanel montage together with the fashion show in Manchester. Cilla Black on one of the tracks. That has to hurt, poor Johnny!

I thought the new song 'Somewhere' sounded great with the orchestra. Fingers crossed someone records 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want', as that was a highlight with just Johnny on guitar and the orchestra behind him.

I thought the new song 'Somewhere' sounded great with the orchestra. Fingers crossed someone records 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want', as that was a highlight with just Johnny on guitar and the orchestra behind him.

I love that, it's even better than the single version. I think the orchestra are playing the guitar parts that were buried in the mix. Just excellent.

I shed at tear at last night I dreamt. Great venue, orchestra sounded amazing, much preferred it to the James orchestral stuff. I just always find the same thing at gigs in Manchester, people having full on conversations like they are ithe pub…really annoying. Doesn’t seem to be as bad anywhere else…

Back
Top Bottom