Done anything of note this week?

I got my kids long-overdue haircuts today. A new little place I just happened upon. The woman's name was Flea. I said "what"? twice :o

Just back from my job interview...I think it went ok...but they had 34 applicants for the job and they are interviewing 7 of them. I don't feel too hopeful! :(

They said they will let me know by the end of the day...

*SITS BY THE PHONE*

Love Alma xxx

I got my kids long-overdue haircuts today. A new little place I just happened upon. The woman's name was Flea. I said "what"? twice :o

At least she wasn't called Nits :D

Just back from my job interview...I think it went ok...but they had 34 applicants for the job and they are interviewing 7 of them. I don't feel too hopeful! :(

*SITS BY THE PHONE*

Love Alma xxx

*fingers crossed* :)

*SITS BY THE PHONE*

Love Alma xxx

I'm sure you're glad that's over?! Was it more stressful then Eggheads? :p You were one of the lucky 7 to get an interview so try to relax (not near the phone :p) How could they resist you?

At least she wasn't called Nits :D

ewww, true. I'm sure Flea isn't her real name. ;) She is really funky -an older (55) woman with short spiked, gray hair. She painted my little ones nails for free, too. :)

I'm sure you're glad that's over?! Was it more stressful then Eggheads? :p You were one of the lucky 7 to get an interview so try to relax (not near the phone :p) How could they resist you?

Filming Eggheads was less stressful than the interview...but watching it back was more stressful than any interview ever could be...although the wine helped! :o

Lets just hope the other six who had interviews today were REAL losers! ;)

They have managed to resist me so far...still waiting! :eek:

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
congratulations!!! :guitar:

the guy that interviewed me said he was interviewing 7, but had 2 positions. so my odds are even better. but i still havent heard anything. I'm starting to lose hope! :o:(

Thanks mate!

As I said we're on a solo employment roll...and we are all sending positive vibes your way...how can you possibly fail!

Keep us posted darling!

Love Alma xxx

CONGRATS, alma!!! :guitar: GO nugzie GO!! :guitar:

I'm glad I have my/a job...I'm burning music CD's here now. :)

Thanks so much...I think I'll get drunk tonight...for a change! :rolleyes:

This really is one of my better threads....well compared to the toilet roll one...and the knickers one...:o...nice to have somewhere to celebrate our little victories!

*GOES OFF TO PARRRRTY*

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:

This really is one of my better threads....well compared to the toilet roll one...and the knickers one...:o...nice to have somewhere to celebrate our little victories!

*GOES OFF TO PARRRRTY*

Love Alma xxx

When do you start the job?

Yes, this is a nice thread -tho I have not been to the bog roll one. yet. :p and somedays, just getting out of bed is an accomplishment. :o:)

*GOES OFF TO PARRRRTY*

Love Alma xxx

I wanted to post on your "on this day in history" thread and it's locked. :tears:

When do you start the job?

Yes, this is a nice thread -tho I have not been to the bog roll one. yet. :p and somedays, just getting out of bed is an accomplishment. :o:)

It's half-term holidays next week...so I start my new job the week after...I will be the Learning Support Assistant to a year one class (age 5/6)...I gave up a well paid (but essentially crap) office job a year ago and took a playground supervisors job to get the experience I needed for this role...so financially it's been a very lean year...but all worthwhile now! :)

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom