Do you believe that the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK date of the year?

Do you believe that the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK appearance in 2012?

• Total voters
Re:

You must have projected these 'other times' in your mind to support your argument because when pressed to actually find proof you can't find any as there are no 'other times'.

well there was certainly an alleged leaked email that also produced the threat of legal action

Re:

well there was certainly an alleged leaked email that also produced the threat of legal action

Yes, there was that but that wasn't something I posted so the threat of legal action would be against the person that posted it, not me. Also, they claimed copyright on it so that means it was true, not gossip or rumor.

Re:

Yes, there was that but that wasn't something I posted so the threat of legal action would be against the person that posted it, not me. Also, they claimed copyright on it so that means it was true, not gossip or rumor.

lol forgot about that did you?

Re:

Obviously not, as he quoted it back to you.

Lol.

P.

Doesn't look like his ears are open. I just clarified that it doesn't fit his original statement ("Oh I must have confused it with the other times you have been threatened with legal action for post rumours and gossip"), but he still seems confused.

Re:

Doesn't look like his ears are open. I just clarified that it doesn't fit his original statement ("Oh I must have confused it with the other times you have been threatened with legal action for post rumours and gossip"), but he still seems confused.

so lets clarify - where you threated with legal action by Morrissey due to a post on your site which was subsequently remove by you? - yes or no?

Re:

He demanded another example so I gave him one and then he had to say "oh yeah well okay there was that one aswell" - massive lol

I can't begin to imagine where you take this line of argument from here. Is that it?

Lol.

Re:

so lets clarify - where you threated with legal action by Morrissey due to a post on your site which was subsequently remove by you? - yes or no?

You might want to continue this when you (a) can spell and (b) are sober.

P.

Re:

No. I was not threatened with any legal action for that as I complied with their demands.

Re:

hahaha really? so what did the original letter say would happen if you didn't comply?

It said I would be liable for copyright infringement as standard DMCA takedowns go, I complied as they followed all the proper steps. You can read it here.

Re:

I don't think the anonymous comment has made anyone think any less of Joe Frady than they already did before. :D

I think less of him than I did before.

Let's use real world examples - pick a few posts from the last week or so. Describe in detail what action you would take regarding the posts if you had the choice. Would you edit them or delete them altogether?

Here's a thread posted by a moderator fanning the flames of the "Morrissey said there wouldn't be any more UK dates and ZOMG he added another one so he's a LIAR" debate:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...te-makes-you-feel-being-deceived-by-Morrissey

And here's an example of the kind of crap that spawned that little attempt at a bigger argument:

Would you believe it, Morrissey has deceived his fans again.
Any Scottish people conned into buying tickets for the Manchester date, the only UK date of 2012?

As for what to do, the original argument about the horror of another concert date added could have been ended quickly with a "he's human and why is an extra date a bad thing? act like adults or take your need to fight over nothing to the pigsty or this gets deleted" post, followed up by actual action if it continued.

As for the second, deleting it and either warning or firing the moderator for continuing a ridiculous argument wouldn't be outside the realm of civil behavior.

good grief

Here's a thread posted by a moderator fanning the flames of the "Morrissey said there wouldn't be any more UK dates and ZOMG he added another one so he's a LIAR" debate:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...te-makes-you-feel-being-deceived-by-Morrissey

And here's an example of the kind of crap that spawned that little attempt at a bigger argument:

Originally Posted by Maurice E
Would you believe it, Morrissey has deceived his fans again.
Any Scottish people conned into buying tickets for the Manchester date, the only UK date of 2012?

As for what to do, the original argument about the horror of another concert date added could have been ended quickly with a "he's human and why is an extra date a bad thing? act like adults or take your need to fight over nothing to the pigsty or this gets deleted" post, followed up by actual action if it continued.

As for the second, deleting it and either warning or firing the moderator for continuing a ridiculous argument wouldn't be outside the realm of civil behavior.

Silly people jump on to anything.
I was taking the piss. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom