David Bowie & Morrissey: "Cosmic Dancer (Live)" digital single & YT audio released today (November 13, 2020)

cosmic_dancer_live_tn.jpg

Today (his Mother's birthday), sees the first track from the Central-asserted single release.
There is currently no sign of the B-side or the upgraded Tim Broad video.
Should they appear later - see this thread for updates.
First appearing in Japan via YouTube and Amazon, the 'single' is now available for purchase in the UK and the audio is on YouTube.
Also via Amazon France, Germany and Italy etc. - although the US site isn't listing it currently.
It is also on Spotify and other services will undoubtedly follow.

The live video appeared later in the day:

Regards,
FWD.

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

7" single now available for pre-order on MPorium UK and EU.

full

Related items:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Slight bump as written much earlier in the day.
The single is available in the Downloads section.
FWD.

Haven't listened yet, but is this just a soundboard rip of the youtube clip or has this been embellished with additional instrumentation and whatnot?

Haven't listened yet, but is this just a soundboard rip of the youtube clip or has this been embellished with additional instrumentation and whatnot?
The vocals and audience are mixed differently (noticeably so) when compared to the existing version.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes I do remember this now. A pleasant artifact from the ill-fated Morrissey/Bowie tour. As it happened, Morrissey left the tour halfway through because he simply had "f***ing enough" of Bowie's conceitedness.

A jewel in the history of music...
What geniuses the 2 but i like Moz more reaches me more and i like everything about him,Bowie's voice is excellent but Morrissey is so sentimental to me and when he sings he transmits a lot what he feels
That's why it is for me Moz number one and for its unique style
Y Mozzy's esta VIVO !!!!

It sounds great, but I don't know what they had. If they had a separate track for each instrument + the two voices + the audience... Maybe it would have sounded even better if they had decided to completely get rid of the audience and make it sound almost like a live in studio recording (or maybe such thing as an "alternative mix").

It sounds like an excellent quality bootleg... anyway, I never like it very much when a live recording gives so much protagonism to the audience (without caring if it's accidental or intentional).... but the song is great, of course.

Nice Backcover
This deserves much more attention! So the plural in the Central announcement did indeed mean 2 pictures...
"When all the world was very young" 💕

Yes I do remember this now. A pleasant artifact from the ill-fated Morrissey/Bowie tour. As it happened, Morrissey left the tour halfway through because he simply had "f***ing enough" of Bowie's conceitedness.
This was recorded in LA in 1991.

Last edited:
7" single now available for pre-order on MPorium UK and EU.

Is this a ‘David bowie’ release too?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom