Brixton Pre Gig Boozer.

Brel

Guttersnipe
Ok, so in the absence of another cancellation statement and with yesterdays Reuters announcement that Friday and Saturday will go ahead. I am heading to London as planned this weekend. It's nearly 20 years since I was in Brixton itself so I wouldn't mind a pointer or two on decent nearby pubs in the manor.

Thanks in anticipation

Stephen

This might help too:
http://www.urban75.org/brixton/bars/index.html

Probably the pick of the bunch are:

Prince Albert, but it's the opposite way to the Academy when you come out of the tube, turn left, then turn left again at the KFC and it's halfway down Coldharbour Lane. Good, lively, punk rock Brixton boozer.
The Trinity - Quiet pub on a little square just off Acre Lane
Canterbury Arms - Irish pub five mins from the Academy, the traditional pre-Academy boozer.
Effra Tavern - lovely old school Brixton pub, you'll get a proper mixture in here. But it's left out of the tube, and about a five-ten mins walk.

If you just want a pint and don't care where you are, then:

The Beehive, on the way to the Academy. All human life is in here!
Ivan's Retreat, opposite the Beehive. Like a pub you'd get at an airport.

I live in Brixton so fire away if you have any questions.

Yeah, the Canterbury Arms has a forecourt, with a few tables and chairs. Otherwise, The Far Side on Stockwell Road has a nice little beer garden, and the Hope & Anchor on Acre Lane has a big beer garden, but a bit of a trek towards Clapham - five-ten mins again. The Albert has a little beer garden out back but it's not really the place for sunning yourself. More a smoker's enclave!

Yeah, the Canterbury Arms has a forecourt, with a few tables and chairs. Otherwise, The Far Side on Stockwell Road has a nice little beer garden, and the Hope & Anchor on Acre Lane has a big beer garden, but a bit of a trek towards Clapham - five-ten mins again. The Albert has a little beer garden out back but it's not really the place for sunning yourself. More a smoker's enclave!

Thanks! Fags AND sunshine AND a nice glass of wine is what Iwant... :thumb:

Cheers for the advice, I'll definitely be popping into a few of these for a few pints before friday's gig (if it happens that is!)

On my own for this one so if any of you see a young bloke with a copy of the Guardian, Gregory peck glasses and a Quarry shirt on come and say hello! We can talk Moz, football, MP's expenses, Carol Ann Duffy becoming poet laureate, you name it....

Excited cos Brixton 2002 was my first Moz gig when I was only 16, bloody hope he doesn't cancel, though not holding my breath...

Looks like this is now the :-

Instead of Gig Boozer thread now!

Hey ho.

I might have to make it a Camden night though, or my favourite French House in Soho?

Back
Top Bottom