Boz & choir sing "Come Back to Camden" at Mayor of Camden ceremony (May 2013)

Re: Come Back to Camden - Boz & Choir. Mayor of Camden ceremony.

beautiful beautiful beautiful.
do you know what this event was about?
boz had to help put this together, shows his producing skills under many circumstances
looks like its about a year old
can someone get the audio for this and upload it for this poor soul?

Last edited:
Jonathan - welcome - good to have you here. Have we ever had a genuine Mayor before? I don't know, but nice of you to drop by with your memories.

Peter

*Cringe.... The Loud Major shows up and you turn into a school girl....

"Can I wear your chains? you look so important in that hat... Can I help you pedestrianise the highstreet? *giggles/blushes

First and foremost - apologies for the quality of the recording (I think it's the only one available).

Boz and I lived on the same street for ages. When I was about to be sworn in as Mayor he offered to perform the song with the Maria Fidelis gospel choir.

For me Come Back to Camden really is one of Morrissey's finest songs - full of loss for a friend or a loved one that's no longer with us. I had just made a speech about the good work the Amy Winehouse Foundation is doing to help young people - and in the context the song seemed perfect.

So - apologies for the quality of the coverage and that a couple of people were not paying attention. About 300 people were watching and I can assure you all that the majority of people in the room were in tears on hearing the song. It meant a lot and I hope some of you can appreciate how kind and generous it was of Boz to be there.

Oh you've done it now ! You've posted on the wrong site Mr Mayor of Camden ! You see this is the online hateful creché and Mr Morrissey detests it, the guy who runs it, and all the contributors. Well not all the contributors just the ones who can think for themselves and challenge his whacko ranting bitter and twisted statements (usually when he has something to promote).
Your not gonna get on his guest list now Mr Mayor if I was in your shoes I would ask your pal if he has any spare "f*** Morrissey-Solo" t shirts and get yourself 'Papped' in it walking around Camden Tern !
(All statements are released via the puppet zine over the pond for your information)

Personally I don't think you will be forgiven for this but there's no harm in trying is there ?

Anyway good luck and God save the Queen Mr Mayor of Camden

Benny-the-British-Butcher

*Cringe.... The Loud Major shows up and you turn into a school girl....

"Can I wear your chains? you look so important in that hat... Can I help you pedestrianise the highstreet? *giggles/blushes

A hateful creche.....just as the good man said.

Oh you've done it now ! You've posted on the wrong site Mr Mayor of Camden ! You see this is the online hateful creché and Mr Morrissey detests it, the guy who runs it, and all the contributors. Well not all the contributors just the ones who can think for themselves and challenge his whacko ranting bitter and twisted statements (usually when he has something to promote).
Your not gonna get on his guest list now Mr Mayor if I was in your shoes I would ask your pal if he has any spare "f*** Morrissey-Solo" t shirts and get yourself 'Papped' in it walking around Camden Tern !
(All statements are released via the puppet zine over the pond for your information)

Personally I don't think you will be forgiven for this but there's no harm in trying is there ?

Anyway good luck and God save the Queen Mr Mayor of Camden

Dear Mr Mayor of Camden tern, if I may I would like to ask you a couple/few questions (thanks)

Do you believe in the British Monarchy ?

Do you eat meat and dairy products ?

Who do the British Falkland Islands belong to ?

Do you think the Duchess of Cambridge was to blame for the death of nurse Ms Jacintha Saldanha age 46 who took her own life after taking a prank phone call from an Australian radio station ?

Is David Beckham a good role model for our young people ?

Do you commend Jamie Oliver for wearing his heart on his sleeve, getting stuck in at the coal face in his efforts to improve kids school meals ?

What are your views on the rich and famous avoiding tax through loopholes ?

Should Morrissey be given the keys to the city of Manchester ?

Russell Brand ?

What is the difference between a 'humasexual' and a bi-sexual ?

Thank you Mr Mayor I look forward to your reply, oh by the way did your pal get you your "f*** Morrissey-solo t-shirt" ?

Thanks and God save the Queen

Dear Mr Mayor of Camden tern, if I may I would like to ask you a couple/few questions (thanks)

Do you believe in the British Monarchy ?

Do you eat meat and dairy products ?

Who do the British Falkland Islands belong to ?

Do you think the Duchess of Cambridge was to blame for the death of nurse Ms Jacintha Saldanha age 46 who took her own life after taking a prank phone call from an Australian radio station ?

Is David Beckham a good role model for our young people ?

Do you commend Jamie Oliver for wearing his heart on his sleeve, getting stuck in at the coal face in his efforts to improve kids school meals ?

What are your views on the rich and famous avoiding tax through loopholes ?

Should Morrissey be given the keys to the city of Manchester ?

Russell Brand ?

What is the difference between a 'humasexual' and a bi-sexual ?

Thank you Mr Mayor I look forward to your reply, oh by the way did your pal get you your "f*** Morrissey-solo t-shirt" ?

Thanks and God save the Queen

Jonathan ! John ! Johnny ! Hello ! Are you there Mr Jonathan Mayor ?

Back
Top Bottom