Boycott Morrissey Concert Until He Lifts the Ban on David

Re: How can anyone give credence to anything David Brett writes?

I've been boycotting Prell until they bring back the glass bottle .

1950s+PRELL+Shampoo+Vintage+Advertisement.jpg

You have the choice of enjoying Mozza's music live or supporting this guy whose sole talent is making a name for himself on the back of genius....dear oh dear oh dear........This site wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Morrissey / The Smiths and all the wonderful music....get a grip man.

You have the choice of enjoying Mozza's music live or supporting this guy whose sole talent is making a name for himself on the back of genius....dear oh dear oh dear........This site wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Morrissey / The Smiths and all the wonderful music....get a grip man.

#1 What name? David wasn't the one who pronounced a ban on someone attending a concert. David would have gone to the show and returned anonymously. Without incident. End of story. Morrissey probably tried to pull a PR stunt and, while he may be laughing maniacally like a storybook villain somewhere, it's actually backfiring. Just a hunch.

#2 What genius? One of the reasons I enjoy this site is that I had, independently, discovered that Morrissey's "genius" had been diminishing with each successive group of albums. His three new songs are beneath his previous ability. And while some praise "Scandinavia," I am unimpressed (at least from the clips I have seen). That's 0 for 4.

So, in the end, I am grateful for this site because I can still find discussion of the work when Morrissey had something called "genius" and still be a bit worried/concerned/critical of the crap he's spewing out now.

That's what the site is for, at least for me. Why are you here again? Oh, that's right, to decry its closure. Why not leave so you can find somewhere you approve of and leave this site just for those of us who enjoy it? You do have a choice too.

#1 What name? David wasn't the one who pronounced a ban on someone attending a concert. David would have gone to the show and returned anonymously. Without incident. End of story. Morrissey probably tried to pull a PR stunt and, while he may be laughing maniacally like a storybook villain somewhere, it's actually backfiring. Just a hunch.

#2 What genius? One of the reasons I enjoy this site is that I had, independently, discovered that Morrissey's "genius" had been diminishing with each successive group of albums. His three new songs are beneath his previous ability. And while some praise "Scandinavia," I am unimpressed (at least from the clips I have seen). That's 0 for 4.

So, in the end, I am grateful for this site because I can still find discussion of the work when Morrissey had something called "genius" and still be a bit worried/concerned/critical of the crap he's spewing out now.

That's what the site is for, at least for me. Why are you here again? Oh, that's right, to decry its closure. Why not leave so you can find somewhere you approve of and leave this site just for those of us who enjoy it? You do have a choice too.

Talking of spewing out crap...
It' strikes me as pretty stupid to be on a site if you don't like Morrissey, slagging Morrissey. It makes more sense to be here if you don't like the site and like Morrissey. At least I like talking about Morrissey. His name is at the top of the page.

It' strikes me as pretty stupid to be on a site if you don't like Morrissey, slagging Morrissey. It makes more sense to be here if you don't like the site and like Morrissey. At least I like talking about Morrissey. His name is at the top of the page.

It strikes me as pretty stupid to be on a site if you think everyone is going to like every single little thing Morrissey says or does or writes, worshiping Morrissey just because you like him. It makes more sense to be here if you like the site and have questions, concerns, and points of discussion about Morrissey. At least I like talking about Morrissey. His name is on the top of the page.

Fixed that for you. Why must the only "talk" be congratulatory garbage and not critical engagement with the low quality work he's been producing? That's talking about him too, ya know. Oh no, that's "slagging"!

Well, people disagree. Life's like that, honey. Just because you want to fawn all over Morrissey, doesn't mean the rest of us do. And just because some of us think the latest stuff isn't up to snuff, doesn't mean discussion of older work is impossible, does it? Oh, but we're not allowed, right? Because we're not "true believers." You disapprove.

Who are you again? A nobody just like the rest of us, right? And one who likes to attack people personally who disagree with your rather unpopular position.

It strikes me as pretty stupid for you to be on David's site given Morrissey spokesperson stated the site exists to cause intentional harm to Morrissey. The better question isn't why we are here but why are you here? Oh that's right, because all the other Morrissey sites pale in comparison.

It strikes me as pretty stupid to be on a site if you think everyone is going to like every single little thing Morrissey says or does or writes, worshiping Morrissey just because you like him. It makes more sense to be here if you like the site and have questions, concerns, and points of discussion about Morrissey. At least I like talking about Morrissey. His name is on the top of the page.

Fixed that for you. Why must the only "talk" be congratulatory garbage and not critical engagement with the low quality work he's been producing? That's talking about him too, ya know. Oh no, that's "slagging"!

Well, people disagree. Life's like that, honey. Just because you want to fawn all over Morrissey, doesn't mean the rest of us do. And just because some of us think the latest stuff isn't up to snuff, doesn't mean discussion of older work is impossible, does it? Oh, but we're not allowed, right? Because we're not "true believers." You disapprove.

Who are you again? A nobody just like the rest of us, right? And one who likes to attack people personally who disagree with your rather unpopular position.

She's an altar girl in the Church of Morrissey.

Don't call me honey, you patronising prick. I don't fawn over Morrissey, I criticise Morrissey often, but I LOVE Morrissey.

It strikes me as pretty stupid for you to be on David's site given Morrissey spokesperson stated the site exists to cause intentional harm to Morrissey. The better question isn't why we are here but why are you here? Oh that's right, because all the other Morrissey sites pale in comparison.

I haven't been on this site for a year before the last week, so somehow i managed without it. I actually came back to see if it would be closed, I thought David might bow to Morrissey's pressure.
I was still listening to Morrissey all that time. Morrissey = important. Solo = not important.
It is astonishing that someone has to make that distinction for you. When people go 'what music do you like?' Do you go, 'well I hate Morrissey, but I love Morrissey's fansite.' It would make you sound like a complete knobend.

I haven't been on this site for a year before the last week, so somehow i managed without it. I actually came back to see if it would be closed, I thought David might bow to Morrissey's pressure.
I was still listening to Morrissey all that time. Morrissey = important. Solo = not important.
It is astonishing that someone has to make that distinction for you. When people go 'what music do you like?' Do you go, 'well I hate Morrissey, but I love Morrissey's fansite.' It would make you sound like a complete knobend.

Nice attempt at twisting a seemingly straight forward question: why do you come here if the site is condemned by the Church of Morrissey and so very "unimportant?" Surely, there must be other Morrissey fansites which offer as much news, rarified, and discussion? Oh wait, there aren't.

David's stated he's not taking the website down. So, why are you still here? Your Lord and master has condemned it and he does all your thinking for you.

As for me, I like Morrissey's music upto That's How People Grow Up. I understand reading comprehension is an issue for you but the thread pertains to Morrissey's treatment of David (again an "unimportant" website administrator) and the idea that David has spent over a decade keeping this website up. It's ghastly how you linger and enjoy the fruits of his labor while publicly dismissing him. It's so hypocritical because Morrissey condemns the site because there is no censorship yet you proffer your anti-David sentiments on this site and are allowed to because (get this) David doesn't do censorship.

Don't call me honey, you patronising prick. I don't fawn over Morrissey, I criticise Morrissey often, but I LOVE Morrissey.

You don't "fawn" over him but you "love" him? Interesting distinction. WTF?

Re: How can anyone give credence to anything David Brett writes?

I've been boycotting Prell until they bring back the glass bottle .

1950s+PRELL+Shampoo+Vintage+Advertisement.jpg

I've been boycotting Prell until the bring back the Prell girl...

Nice attempt at twisting a seemingly straight forward question: why do you come here if the site is condemned by the Church of Morrissey and so very "unimportant?" Surely, there must be other Morrissey fansites which offer as much news, rarified, and discussion? Oh wait, there aren't.

David's stated he's not taking the website down. So, why are you still here? Your Lord and master has condemned it and he does all your thinking for you.

As for me, I like Morrissey's music upto That's How People Grow Up. I understand reading comprehension is an issue for you but the thread pertains to Morrissey's treatment of David (again an "unimportant" website administrator) and the idea that David has spent over a decade keeping this website up. It's ghastly how you linger and enjoy the fruits of his labor while publicly dismissing him. It's so hypocritical because Morrissey condemns the site because there is no censorship yet you proffer your anti-David sentiments on this site and are allowed to because (get this) David doesn't do censorship.

Why did I stick around? Because it's a free internet, and I was literally agog at people disowning Morrissey because of something so inconsequential. It was interesting to read about, and challenge, all the phonies with 50 posts tearing their hair out.

David said himself that we should be grateful to be allowed and speak a differing opinion here, so I'm taking him up on that offer. It's not David Tseng solo, it's Morrissey solo, so I think I have more right to be here than you do, with your arbitrary cut off point for love.
How am I a hypocrite? I think Morrissey should say what he wants, and David should, and I should. Even you, boring as that is proving.

David said himself that we should be grateful to be allowed and speak a differing opinion here, so I'm taking him up on that offer. It's not David Tseng solo, it's Morrissey solo, so I think I have more right to be here than you do, with your arbitrary cut off point for love.
How am I a hypocrite? I think Morrissey should say what he wants, and David should, and I should. Even you, boring as that is proving.

So David says we should be grateful, "to be allowed and speak a differing opinion;" however this is the very reason Morrissey has disavowed the website. You've taken sides: and chosen Morrissey. You have taken a stand that Morrissey's bullying of David and his website is fine by you. Yet you continue to post here, so yes, it is hypocritical. You happily use the website and it does not bother you the amount of time and effort David has put into it. You'll use the website for it's free speech; all the while defending Morrissey's crack down on David simply because he refuses to censor posts. It is a utterly illogical argument, you are being hypocritical, not to mention you're a parasite.

I think it should also be added that you need to boycott Morrissey concerts until he gets a decent band...

So David says we should be grateful, "to be allowed and speak a differing opinion;" however this is the very reason Morrissey has disavowed the website. You've taken sides: and chosen Morrissey. You have taken a stand that Morrissey's bullying of David and his website is fine by you. Yet you continue to post here, so yes, it is hypocritical. You happily use the website and it does not bother you the amount of time and effort David has put into it. You'll use the website for it's free speech; all the while defending Morrissey's crack down on David simply because he refuses to censor posts. It is a utterly illogical argument, you are being hypocritical, not to mention you're a parasite.

Yes, I chose Morrissey who wrote I know it's over/Now my heart is full and even Roy's Keen and so on and so on over someone who put a website up. If I was going to support people who put up websites over bands I love I'd end up loving the LOL cats over Bright Eyes. That's basically what you're advocating.

Speaking as though Morrissey's standards are the ones being aspired to and supported on here takes some gall. Isn't it par for the course that some savvy inspection of a website whose mission it is to sustain an exhaustive 24/7 360-degree performance appraisal of one man's career would follow? The exhibition of shameless two-facedness is clearly both irksome and fascinating to him and many onlookers for a long time now.

"When we rationalize, we are distorting the facts to make the event or our own impulses less threatening; that is, diluting the anxiety to a manageable level. We often come to believe our own distortions, or excuses, or even lies." - http://people.emich.edu/pclark/freud/index.html

Who is in a position to judge the disturbance caused by the continuation of this site as it has been and is; the disturber or the disturbed? Being the channel for a free flow of conversation that openly allows defamatory and mischievous innuendos and allegations of all kinds does normally earn and, most people would agree, deserve some censure especially from those affected. Even legally in harrassment cases, if pursuit is kept up after a warning, it's considered that a line has been crossed. Most people would get the message after being dismissed from where operations take place. The song, All You Need Is Me, has its muse close by, just asking for it.

The ultimate revelation of serious self-delusion, however, is made in this statement: "I think Morrissey and perhaps some fans are so used to hearing praise for years, all the positive and supportive things on this site..."!! Especially when recalling the leeringly-hostile statement on April Fool's Day entitled 'Morrissey-solo is Now MorrisseyLoversUnited' which conceded, "the past site's reputation of negativity". Cockiness can make people careless. To try to boost the surprising minority of positive voices was why I stuck around posting on the site longer than I'd intended 7 years ago. Now that the world has a better idea of the primarily antagonistic agenda it can be taken or left for what it is.

Yes, I chose Morrissey who wrote I know it's over/Now my heart is full and even Roy's Keen and so on and so on over someone who put a website up. If I was going to support people who put up websites over bands I love I'd end up loving the LOL cats over Bright Eyes. That's basically what you're advocating.

No, he's advocating having enough sense to know the difference between right and wrong...

But I don't particularly like David T, so why should I give a shit? It's perfectly RIGHT as far as I'm concerned. Don't put your own values onto me.

Liking David T has nothing to do with it. Right is right and wrong is wrong, it shouldn't matter who the recipient is.

Obviously someone needs to "put values onto you" since you evidently have none of your own...

Tags
boycott morrissey-solo
Back
Top Bottom