Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
My first cancellation! I’ve been going to shows since his first show at the Forum in 1990? 91?. I feel like Im part of the club now. 😂 It was a good run.

Ok, so cancelling the concerts all over the place is ok. What is stupid is to buy tickets from official outlets for trusted venues for concerts booked months in advance to see an artist doing his job. Why trust the word of all these people, right?

It's all fine if Morrissey keeps doing this all around the globe for no valid reason whatsoever and eventually gives a lame excuse. It's all so fine if he's wandering around Paris posing for pictures or if he goes to a bar with mates after pledging sickness instead of honouring his commitment.

Maybe you should tell that to Argentinians who will not travel but risk seeing the price of the tickets lose value with inflation above 200% in a year when they get the refund for the gig that will be cancelled soon.
Let’s get real and let’s all go back to the facts for a single split second. The issue isn’t Argentina’s rate of inflation since the time you purchased your original ticket to attend one of his concerts. The issue you’ve been freaking out about all over the place is the fact that you said that you’ve bought tickets to fly between all of the South American shows. So yes, that’s not Morrissey’s fault, or anybody else’s “fault”.

People can also state to you that it’s not Morrissey’s or anybody else’s “fault” that you made some very extravagant decisions, while still acknowledging to you that yes, it’s a very disappointing position to be in.

Continuing with the Argentinians ... Just to have a rough idea of what someone from Buenos Aires will lose if the concert there is cancelled, as some people seem to think that this is just baby whining.

At the black market rate, the 42,000 pesos general admission ticket cost US$84 back in June. If that gig is cancelled, that amount would be worth US$34 at current rates, or even less when it is returned, as the seller will most likely return the nominal value in pesos. So without leaving the city for any crazy trip, without booking a flight or a hotel, everyone holding a ticket for the Buenos Aires concert would just tear a US$50 bill if Morrissey decides to not show up.

That money will not go to Morrissey, to the venue, to the ticket seller, to the government and, most importantly, will not return to the fans. It will just disappear. Unless there is a serious reason, I guess it would just be cruel to do that to the fans there, right? Or maybe some people just couldn't care less, like Morrissey.

Continuing with the Argentinians ... Just to have a rough idea of what someone from Buenos Aires will lose if the concert there is cancelled, as some people seem to think that this is just baby whining.

At the black market rate, the 42,000 pesos general admission ticket cost US$84 back in June. If that gig is cancelled, that amount would be worth US$34 at current rates, or even less when it is returned, as the seller will most likely return the nominal value in pesos. So without leaving the city for any crazy trip, without booking a flight or a hotel, everyone holding a ticket for the Buenos Aires concert would just tear a US$50 bill if Morrissey decides to not show up.

That money will not go to Morrissey, to the venue, to the ticket seller, to the government and, most importantly, will not return to the fans. It will just disappear. Unless there is a serious reason, I guess it would just be cruel to do that to the fans there, right? Or maybe some people just couldn't care less, like Morrissey.
They’re off.

I don’t know. I think it is just filling time for a lot of people. I don’t know if it is for me, but i think it might be. I’ve got this amount of time to spend online, this site exists... So here I am. It fills my non-working, non-everything else time.

”It fills time” isn’t necessarily a negative thing. “It occupies all my time” probably is.

Yeah. Agree with that. I guess the ‘how one cares about M’ makes the difference. Where someone may say they’re critical of Morrissey because they care for him. Can all fall under the category of ‘filling time’.

Somethings really off here, has he actually rehearsed at all for these shows, he was in Paris a couple of weeks ago and Donnie implies he's been in Zurich even though he was due to play in LA tonight.

His band must be f***ing furious.

Let’s get real and let’s all go back to the facts for a single split second. The issue isn’t Argentina’s rate of inflation since the time you purchased your original ticket to attend one of his concerts. The issue you’ve been freaking out about all over the place is the fact that you said that you’ve bought tickets to fly between all of the South American shows. So yes, that’s not Morrissey’s fault, or anybody else’s “fault”.

People can also state to you that it’s not Morrissey’s or anybody else’s “fault” that you made some very extravagant decisions, while still acknowledging to you that yes, it’s a very disappointing position to be in.
The issue is that he promised to do his job in those places (Asia, Australia, New Zealand, US) and, for no valid reason whatsoever, has decided to not fulfill the commitment. Latin America is still hanging by a thread.

No-one should be blamed for making plans based on a scheduled event. Yes, accidents happen. Only this has not been the case. Or else he would not be wandering happily about Paris.

For some reason he does not want to play gigs? Fine, he's not forced to. Just don't book them. People tend to believe in official releases from trusted sources. And if Morrissey books the gigs - or his staff does - and he doesn't show up on a whim, yes, it is his fault. And he is to be blamed for all the headache that brings to the fans.

Somethings really off here, has he actually rehearsed at all for these shows, he was in Paris a couple of weeks ago and Donnie implies he's been in Zurich even though he was due to play in LA tonight.

His band must be f***ing furious.
He hasn’t rehearsed since 1997. Mumble mumble mumble rats rats rats rats.

There is now no tour dates or album releases on the horizon. Blank canvas. !

I have been one of Morrissey's harshest critics but even I think it's time to back off and get over it. Why? Because I don't want to see him become another Robin Williams. The guy is long overdo for a narcissistic collapse. He's just flat out incapable of meaningful change and that's that.

The issue is that he promised to do his job in those places (Asia, Australia, New Zealand, US) and, for no valid reason whatsoever, has decided to not fulfill the commitment. Latin America is still hanging by a thread.

No-one should be blamed for making plans based on a scheduled event. Yes, accidents happen. Only this has not been the case. Or else he would not be wandering happily about Paris.

For some reason he does not want to play gigs? Fine, he's not forced to. Just don't book them. People tend to believe in official releases from trusted sources. And if Morrissey books the gigs - or his staff does - and he doesn't show up on a whim, yes, it is his fault. And he is to be blamed for all the headache that brings to the fans.
Sorry to be very blunt, but you sound completely unhinged. The dates were not booked and cancelled “for no reason whatsoever”, and it’s not just “no reason whatsoever” just because you’re angry and typing it.

Also, last time I checked, sorry but you have zero claims on what he does in his free time when he has weeks and weeks in between tours.

LOL
And that's why boring normals like you are here lecturing him to man up and fly straight, like an angry father berating his awkward misfit son. Please the crowds, Morrissey! Show up! Give an explanation when you don't! All you casual fans were ever in it for was "sweet tunes and great gigs." If you can't appreciate the dysfunction and morosity, you never really understood him to begin with.
LOL. No-one is lecturing. Warning him...we are leaving.

And that's why boring normals like you are here lecturing him to man up and fly straight, like an angry father berating his awkward misfit son. Please the crowds, Morrissey! Show up! Give an explanation when you don't! All you casual fans were ever in it for was "sweet tunes and great gigs." If you can't appreciate the dysfunction and morosity, you never really understood him to begin with.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Did you guys forget who we are on this forum for? He's not a people pleaser and I don't think he ever has been judging by interviews and words that have come from his own mouth, (and not from media bullshit).

Couldn't have said it better myself. Did you guys forget who we are on this forum for? He's not a people pleaser and I don't think he ever has been judging by interviews and words that have come from his own mouth, (and not from media bullshit).

One of your first posts was - I'm in IL and I want to go so badly. I've had my eye on those 600 dollar tickets... I've never seen Morrissey live before unfortunately, and I want to before he's done. I hope he's not done after these last 3 shows!!

How would you feel if you had shelled out the $600 dollars and booked flight/hotels etc only for him to cancel as you landed in LA?

Someone on the official management thread has posted that they wonder if the SA gigs have been pulled because the band have had enough and packed in?

Back
Top Bottom