Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god we have the live version because the studio version is terrible.
I wonder if the album version will be the same, or whether it will a different mix to the single version.
I’d imagine it’s the same. Part of it I do like, but it only sounds half decent coming out of really nice speakers/headphones.
Particularly if your setup is nice and bass heavy. Anything else like standard earbuds and it just sounds tinny and cheap.

The autotune I just don’t understand considering his voice is as good as it’s ever been. (maybe the best it’s ever been)
Is there any rationale for making it sound like this, other than to make it sound more.. modern? It was produced by Andrew Watt who I believe was behind the Stone’s latest album and that sounds great.

Last edited:
Thank god we have the live version because the studio version is terrible.
I doubt that a Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus record producer would be an asset to Morrissey's music. The plan was that the modern sound for which Andrew Watt was famous would be a magnet for a younger audience. Everyone hears how it turned out when listening to the studio version of Rebels. I have huge concerns about this album, but of course, above all, I want to finally listen to it.

I wonder if the album version will be the same, or whether it will a different mix to the single version.
I’d imagine it’s the same. Part of it I do like, but it only sounds half decent coming out of really nice speakers/headphones.
Particularly if your setup is nice and bass heavy. Anything else like standard earbuds and it just sounds tinny and cheap.

The autotune I just done understand considering his voice is as good as it’s ever been. (maybe the best it’s ever been)
Is there any rationale for making it sound like this, other than to make it sound more.. modern? It was produced by Andrew Watt who I believe was behind the Stone’s latest album and that sounds great.
I don't agree here. In my opinion, this is the worst sounding album since Dirty Works :(

The plan was that the modern sound for which Andrew Watt was famous would be a magnet for a younger audience.
There is already a younger audience like me (30) who know what sounds good and what doesn’t.
And there is an even younger audience who discover the smiths on tiktok or whatever, they are drawn to the smiths in particular precisely because it sounds raw and different to what they’re used to.
But it’s the lyrics that make them really fall in love with his music.
He’s now 64, if the goal was to appeal to your average 16 year old by having Miley Cyrus, loads of compression and autotune I don’t think they’ll be interested.
Lean into your strengths.

Maybe the good news has put a pep in his step and the colour back in his cheeks?! He should be up and about by now if he's decided to hang on a while longer on the loneliest planet of all :)
Maybe it has. I think it was a blessing that those Quarry shows were cancelled. Obviously he can pick them up again later but it felt wrong to play Quarry without any of the band that actually wrote and played those songs.

I don't agree here. In my opinion, this is the worst sounding album since Dirty Works :(
Yeah I don't mind the song Rebels but the production sounds creepy. The live versions of the album don't do much for me but I'll judge the album on its merits if we ever hear it. I'm more pumped to hear the next one.

The autotune I just done understand considering his voice is as good as it’s ever been. (maybe the best it’s ever been)
Watt did a pretty good job with the Stones album with the exception of "Angry" which is pretty autotuned as well.

I can't imagine the title track or Glass Window sounding as "plastic" as Rebels. It wouldn't be nice, to say the least :rolleyes:

His record is not getting released, they have offered to sell it back, they don't want it. He won't abide by terms set for him, if he had, the record would have been released a while ago, Miley just won a Grammy, she won't be attaching her name or vocals to this dumpster fire. Morrissey bullied Michelle and his retarded nephew is likening him to a slave and this is such a disgusting display by the low class trash Morrissey and his nephew.
Sam has become worse than Nile Marr.

Last edited:
ash it wasnt always like this,on the day of a concert people would post all day about the build up from the town then the venue,all turned to shit when the politics started.
So true. You know when you read a story on Moz solo from 5 or 10 years ago and you wonder where have all the long term regular Moz Solo users disappeared to since then, never to grace us with their often funny and rarely spiteful insights. There are too many to mention.

I still care enough to check online about him from time to time but I don't give a damn about BOT or WMTWD. We've all heard most of the songs anyhow. Being into The Smiths and Morrissey is a bit like having Hepatitis; you can get through it but it will never completely leave you 100%.
Age has taught me to be less snooty about music. I've just heard Status Quo's Something About You Baby I Like for the first time in years and it struck me as wholly enjoyable. Super melodic and catchy, let's be honest it pisses all over Marr's solo stuff and indeed anything that Moz and JM have championed in the past, from Patti Smith and Sandie Shaw to Iggy Pop and the New York Dolls.
Seriously people, stop giving a toss about Morrissey and Marr and listen to the Quo.
They're just as valid as any other group out there.

Yeah.. a shitty toilet with his unreleased record in it. Failed to mention that part, eh? I shouldn't have to explain how insulting that is.

Also.. I used the toilet thing as an example. What, you want me to just go around and collect all the insults from everyone on Solo? I will not waste my time on that. It'd be a large collection though.

You just discovered Morrissey in August?

Bonfire will eventually leak (maybe this year, maybe five years) and it will never get a proper release until a clearing house label like Rhino releases it as an accompanying disc to another one-off Greatest Hits package.

Also, it pains my heart to see how the quality control is now nonexistent.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom