"All The Young People..." #2 in UK vinyl singles chart; "Thank You" from Morrissey Central

Good times for a change....

922B2E5B-41ED-4597-8251-1399640B3130.png

Posted by Famous when dead:

All The Young People Must Fall In Love
single is number 2 on the Official British Vinyl chart.

Thank you for your support during these dystopian days.

Morrissey
13 July 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thank-you

A brief post - appearing just as we were discussing chart positions... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey can sell a few thousand copies of a vinyl album that are likely purchased mostly by people who don't own record players, but he can't sell out a European tour.

Dystopian days indeed.

What clown show.

Yeah, but do you see The Beatles jumping for joy at No.1? C'mon. A couple of thousand pieces of vinyl sold, and you thinking that's worthy of celebration? This nugget had to be sought out, a search party had to go and find this bit of info. That's where we're at? A chart no-one at all looks at unless it's in their interests to do so?

*Jeez*

*also* - "despite negative press for some time" - your words.
So, could you provide evidence - one piece would do - that someone, somewhere, said to themselves "Morrissey has been SO unfairly treated by the PRESS, that I'm going to go buy a piece of vinyl to support him, and therefore propel him to the dizzying heights of number two in the vinyl single charts. I DO hope he can beat an old Beatles single"

People across Europe have voted with their wallets when it comes to going out and seeing Morrissey play live. And I would attribute that to the recent press I mentioned in my previous post. Yet he’s still made number 2 in a chart somewhere. I acknowledge that he hasn’t sold world beating numbers of the single. But it did sell enough to make number two.

People across Europe have voted with their wallets when it comes to going out and seeing Morrissey play live. And I would attribute that to the recent press I mentioned in my previous post. Yet he’s still made number 2 in a chart somewhere. I acknowledge that he hasn’t sold world beating numbers of the single. But it did sell enough to make number two.

You do realise that it’s number 2 in the vinyl chart don’t you and not the actual chart where it didn’t even make the Top 100 and neither did This is Morrissey.

The Beatles didn't make the top 100 either despite the picture disc selling well (I bought one for the film's 50th anniversary myself) - reason being: there's no cd/digital/stream copy so neither 7" would ever be in the main top 100 singles as there aren't enough made. It's maths not popularity that explains that situation
(official charts say you need 7.5/8k physical/digital/stream sales to get top 40).
Regards,
FWD.

Its in a vinyl chart along with all the other vinyls LOL, its ONLY VINYL:rolleyes:
And hes got two vinyls topping the VINYL CHART, with all the many vinyls MOZ grabbed 2 TOP SPOTS.

These loons want the MOZ vinyl in the download chart and the CD chart WTF? INSANE>:crazy:

This is Morrissey is a budget release and therefore not eligible to chart. That is why it has not appeared.

I'm not sure on the intricacies of the vinyl chart but it may be eligible for that chart when the LP is out.

This is Morrissey is a budget release and therefore not eligible to chart. That is why it has not appeared.
Not correct. It's in the "mid-price" bracket and therefore eligible.

http://www.officialcharts.com/media/654984/official-uk-album-chart-rules-july-2018.pdf
I'm not sure on the intricacies of the vinyl chart but it may be eligible for that chart when the LP is out.
I'm not sure of the intricacies of the vinyl chart either, but I reckon being out on vinyl will be one of them.

Last edited:
Yeah, but do you see The Beatles jumping for joy at No.1? C'mon. A couple of thousand pieces of vinyl sold, and you thinking that's worthy of celebration? This nugget had to be sought out, a search party had to go and find this bit of info. That's where we're at? A chart no-one at all looks at unless it's in their interests to do so?

*Jeez*

*also* - "despite negative press for some time" - your words.
So, could you provide evidence - one piece would do - that someone, somewhere, said to themselves "Morrissey has been SO unfairly treated by the PRESS, that I'm going to go buy a piece of vinyl to support him, and therefore propel him to the dizzying heights of number two in the vinyl single charts. I DO hope he can beat an old Beatles single"

Er, you do realise that 50% of The Beatles aren't really in any condition to do any jumping...

No, it is you that is incorrect. Those are the dealer prices quoted, not retail price. For the retail price of this album, the dealer price would be in the Budget range.

Of course, you are correct but you are confusing the loons by making sense. The LP is a comp a budget comp as a gift to the good fans so they can have an vinyl item with a nice big photo of Moz on it.:)
the 45 vinyls THO ARE BURNING UP THE CHARTS!:rock:

In reality they are not the brightest bulbs and wouldnt know the difference between budget, retail, mid price whole sale or any of the stuff, they would google and end up even more confused that they normally are.
Fact is they would be asking questions at a sardine sale.:straightface: Its sad but true.
They use words like 'sup' and 'gruel'. Youd think Moz was putting out Arthur McBride LOL:lbf:

No, it is you that is incorrect. Those are the dealer prices quoted, not retail price. For the retail price of this album, the dealer price would be in the Budget range.
OK, not knowing what the margin would be, I'm going to concede this possibility. So, do you know what number it came in at on the budget chart?

You are really looking through media biased tainted glasses. Big sell-out UK Tour, big selling last album, his biggest hit in 13 years and under contract at one of the big record companies.
Future’s looking bright.
And he’s been ‘shooting his mouth off with views that aren’t supported in the main’ for years, or even decades, now. That has to do absolutely nothing with anything as has been proven time and time again.

don't bother with the clowns here, they're good for a laugh though.:lbf:

When I think of success it's not chart positions and sold out shows, it's that he exists ! a true gift to this world ( and the trolls know it !). Every breath this man takes and he wins !

JUST BEING WHO HE IS... HE HAS WON.

:hammer:

:cool:

It’s £3.99 in all UK outlets which means it’s a mid price release. Stop clutching at straws.

If it was a budget release Morrissey would have been shouting that from the rooftops as the reason it didn’t chart.

http://www.officialcharts.com/media/647277/official-uk-charts-album-chart-rules-march-2015.pdf

Last edited:
After the disappointment of last weekend it’s nice to have something to celebrate. And number 2 behind Yellow Submarine, where did I find my copy in HMV ?, hiding behind Yellow Submarine in the vinyl rack !
How strange, thats exactly where I found my copy, bought both...

It’s £3.99 in all UK outlets which means it’s a mid price release. Stop clutching at straws.

If it was a budget release Morrissey would have been shouting that from the rooftops as the reason it didn’t chart.

http://www.officialcharts.com/media/647277/official-uk-charts-album-chart-rules-march-2015.pdf

INCORRECT!

If it were a mid-price it would mean the price to the retailer from the distributor was a minimum £3.76 (plus VAT). Selling it for £3.99 (including VAT) would mean a loss to the retailer.

OK, not knowing what the margin would be, I'm going to concede this possibility. So, do you know what number it came in at on the budget chart?

I’m not aware of such a thing as the budget chart. In fact, budget releases were historically developed to sell in non-traditional retailers ie drug stores, newsagents, garages etc and these stores wouldn’t report sales.

I think it should be eligible for the vinyl only chart in September but not sure what if any price restrictions etc apply there.

INCORRECT!

If it were a mid-price it would mean the price to the retailer from the distributor was a minimum £3.76 (plus VAT). Selling it for £3.99 (including VAT) would mean a loss to the retailer.

Keep clutching at straws fella lol. Btw, the vinyl version is £18.99, is that considered budget as well?

Last edited:
Surface is at least honouring his user name :p
If you honestly thought this was going to ever chart :crazy:
Even The Very Best Of from 2011 only ‘charted’ at 85 or so and that one was available on all formats.

Or do you also blame that on things he supposedly said here or there??

Last edited:
Surface is at least honouring his user name :p
If you honestly thought this was going to ever chart :crazy:
Even The Very Best Of from 2011 only ‘charted’ at 85 or so and that one was available on all formats.

Or do you also blame that on things he supposedly said here or there??

Keep clutching at straws mate.

Keep playing the dumb-game, and ignoring the facts then, fella.

You’re not the only one.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom