Ailidh Lennon, singer from Sons & Daughters, talks life & supporting Morrissey, The Sun, Aug 14, 2023

1692040165863.png
AILIDH Lennon was once in huge noughties indie band Sons and Daughters, but she's since quit fame for a very normal job.

Musician Ailidh, 44, achieved four Top 100 singles with the Glasgow-based group, and even toured with Morrissey...
from - https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/23476214/ailidh-lennon-huge-noughties-indie-band-quit-fame/

Band resumé from 2012 of their support dates for Morrissey, with more info and footage of their music -
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/needmoz/viewtopic.php?p=31315#p31315

Last edited:
What about Elcka? Marion? Jet Black Machine? Smoking Popes? The Killers? Some of my fave opening acts.
Never saw them I'm afraid. Can really only comment on the ones I've seen. Really liked Marion at the time, would loved to have seen them as support.

Yes, she does.
I know she did in the past but I don't believe she does anymore. I looked to see if she's selling online and couldn't find anything. However, I found this interview from 2016 when she explains why she stopped being a Tupperware seller (around the 56 mins/one hour mark). There were some Smiths and Morrissey mentions: the first around 37 minutes talking about Smiths tours; then her brother's murder during a Morrissey tour around 42 minutes mark; and a brief Smiths mention right near the end about a gay fan.

Remember The Libertines supporting him at Brixton Academy? Relatively heady days.

Almost 21 years ago. Time… no friend of mine…
Awesome night That was a top gig
Pete was on form that night, they killed it with "What as waster "
Often it seems M does the fat best friend approach with support bands
Mostly his support bands are ok, but not good enough to be competition
I mean, come on, you have to aim low to class Doll and The Kicks, KriteenYoung and Girl In Coma ,as great music
I remember hearing from some peeps who knew Kritseen , that she said he never even liked The Courteeners, just wanted to cash in on the next "Oasis " business. I know Kristeen is meant to be a bit of a liar, so I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised

My personal faveuote Smiths and M support are -
James.
Kirsty McCaoll
Eatsrerhouse
The Libertines
Echobelly
Bradford
David Mcalmont
Sack
The Thrills
Poney Club
Phranc
Gallon Drunk
Marion (when they toured with M, they were fire but if you want to see a sorry
state of a human, go to a Moz Army event and speak to the singer, Jesus wept)
Elcka ( Fire for three songs)
Smoking Popes (Fire for 4 songs )

Back
Top Bottom