Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching this one the other day and remember thinking to myself “but why say that?”

I know!
We know he doesn't like work, because he doesn't show up to his own shows, and we know he does not feel responsible for that or anything he does.
The rest is just super immature middle age/senior citizen rebel bs which is completely obnoxious, except to the diehards who eat it up.
Grandpa's a rebel and he saved my life!! BooYAH!!! :drama:

I know!
We know he doesn't like work, because he doesn't show up to his own shows, and we know he does not feel responsible for that or anything he does.
The rest is just super immature middle age/senior citizen rebel bs which is completely obnoxious, except to the diehards who eat it up.
Grandpa's a rebel and he saved my life!! BooYAH!!! :drama:

I read die-haads in a Boston accent. :lbf:

I read die-haads in a Boston accent. :lbf:
:lbf:I get super conscious of my Rs so I don't sound like a Mark Wahlberg movie.
But you know, that Mid-Atlantic accent that people try to do is actually a Boston Brahmin accent which is very upper crusty, so don't be jelly, because mine was more like that when I had it :lbf:

View attachment 103525

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

View attachment 103523
Well done , Mate
I thought may man Gary was giving me BS
When he said he heard an M lp was due out this year. Started to think the greezer is telling the truth . M should be able to get a record deal with three lps to sell , surely to Christ .
I mean that is World Peace, Bonfire and Without Music . As long as he can stick to a few gigs - London , Manchester, Paris , Rome NY , LA . He could be on to a winner .
Be nice if he got a kick ass band but I thought the girls did ok when I saw em .

This is Mega Awesone news

I've got to think he would only do this if there was a plan in place to release them.
Agreed .
Anything is better than the limbo he was in
In a way he had no choice , as that guy spilled the tea on the Capital situation, he couldn’t keep blaming the woman who left . Maybe he will go back to Rough Trade

Moz's downfall is his arrogance and it has really cost him time and time again.
I think that was true but the fact Alan and the other guy left , the fact capital fecked him off and an exec spilled the tea and the way his audience has shrunk must have had an effect . A lot of the arrogance is show .

M deserves some good times . I think he is getting things on track , he owns the music , he has been getting new pictures done by real photographers . He seens to have keyed back into the smiths over.the last two years

I think M and M world are gonna have good times , for a change . Let’s try and be supportive
Anyone know any trustworthy realtors in Austin , Tx?

There are songs about bodily mutilation? Sounds awful.

Yes, I know you as well think it’s a conspiracy. But no, I don’t think it’s necessary to question the “mainstream narrative”, because the fire was ruled an accident. Not everything is a conspiracy. Not everything can be blamed on the Muslims or immigration.
The song doesn't mention Muslims. Only you have done that.
Billy Bragg did indeed change the lyrics of one of his songs to push gender ideology. He is also active on Twitter attacking JK Rowling. Many would describe JK Rowling as expressing sane, common sense views on this subject, and the likes of Bragg as 'bonkers'. Would you?
You basically don't like this 'conspiracy theory' because you perceive it as 'right wing'. You have spoken many times about 'systemic racism' in society. That is a 'conspiracy theory'. It may or may not be true, but it meets all the criteria of a 'conspiracy theory'. A 'left wing' conspiracy theory.
Notre Dame has been a target of terrorism for years. It's really not that 'bonkers' to question why the French authorities ruled out arson within 24 hours. The attack mentioned below was about 2 years before the fire - and demonstrates how Notre Dame was very much a target.

The song doesn't mention Muslims. Only you have done that.
Billy Bragg did indeed change the lyrics of one of his songs to push gender ideology. He is also active on Twitter attacking JK Rowling. Many would describe JK Rowling as expressing sane, common sense views on this subject, and the likes of Bragg as 'bonkers'. Would you?
You basically don't like this 'conspiracy theory' because you perceive it as 'right wing'. You have spoken many times about 'systemic racism' in society. That is a 'conspiracy theory'. It may or may not be true, but it meets all the criteria of a 'conspiracy theory'. A 'left wing' conspiracy theory.
Notre Dame has been a target of terrorism for years. It's really not that 'bonkers' to question why the French authorities ruled out arson within 24 hours. The attack mentioned below was about 2 years before the fire - and demonstrates how Notre Dame was very much a target.

Right. 👍🏻👍🏻

I have no idea what Bragg has said and I don’t know what Rowling’s exact thoughts on the matter are. Nor have I claimed that I do.

Systemic racism is very much a real issue.

You are one of the most intense, die-hard, devout and hardcore right-wing posters on here. To debate with you is as rewarding as smashing one’s face into a brick wall. The wall never loses. I’ve tried many times to make a dent, but it’s impossible. I can’t be bothered anymore. If you want to feel that you’ve ‘won’ this debate, I’d happily give you your medal: 🏅 Now, have a blessed Monday and beware of those pesky liberals.

Right. 👍🏻👍🏻

I have no idea what Bragg has said and I don’t know what Rowling’s exact thoughts on the matter are. Nor have I claimed that I do.

Systemic racism is very much a real issue.

You are one of the most intense, die-hard, devout and hardcore right-wing posters on here. To debate with you is as rewarding as smashing one’s face into a brick wall. The wall never loses. I’ve tried many times to make a dent, but it’s impossible. I can’t be bothered anymore. If you want to feel that you’ve ‘won’ this debate, I’d happily give you your medal: 🏅 Now, have a blessed Monday and beware of those pesky liberals.
My post was calm, reasonable, and factual. Your response was emotional. Funny that. Have a great day too - and beware of those pesky right wingers.

I was watching this one the other day and remember thinking to myself “but why say that?”

They didn't know who they had on their hands that day. He was in mischievous mode and seemed to be relishing it.

Either the producers knew what they were doing by getting him on a show which also had a feature on unemployment, or - more likely - they were completely silly to do that (and watched it in a state of horror while it escalated as the cameras rolled)

He was brutally honest about his opinions, but couldn't resist peppering them with his sarcasm and hyperbole. I think he sensed that they were asking for it (if they knew anything about him and his youth, which they either did, or more likely didn't)

Earlier in the show they appeared to rub him up the wrong way by getting his mother's name wrong. So that might have contributed to him being more truculent than usual.

He probably thought the One Show was rubbish (which it is), and he only agreed to go on because his mum liked the show.

And then they start asking him about unemployment.... what did they expect?

Last edited:
They didn't really know who they had on their hands that day. He was in mischievous mode and seemed to be relishing it.

Either the producers knew what they were doing getting by him on a show which also had a feature on unemployment, or they were completely silly to do that (and watched it in a state of horror while it escalated as the cameras rolled)

He was brutally honest about his opinions, but couldn't resist peppering them with his sarcasm and hyperbole. I think he sensed that they were asking for it (if they knew anything about him and his youth, which they either did, or more likely didn't)

Earlier in the show they appeared to rub him up the wrong way by getting his mother's name wrong. So that might have contributed to him being more truculent than usual.
One of the funniest TV moments of the decade. Comedy gold.

If Notre-Dame really was burned by terrorists, wouldn't they have claimed responsibility for it?

What would be the point of doing it, if they didn't use it to further their cause?

If Notre-Dame really was burned by terrorists, wouldn't they have claimed responsibility for it?

What would be the point of doing it, if they didn't use it to further their cause?
Whatever caused the fire - the destruction of Notre Dame was deeply symbolic on so many levels. Perhaps poetically so. The national riots in France of 2023 more prosaically so. Victor Hugo in his great novel, Notre Dame of Paris, called the cathedral a national icon of France. And perhaps the rush to deny that the fire was intentional, was also symbolic? France needed the fire not to be intentional. And it has needed to rebuild it swiftly to restore its pride. Just like France needed to create a myth of resistance and liberation at the end of the Second World Ward. France is a proud nation. I think ultimately that is what the song is about. The symbolism of it all. Morrissey is a poet, after all.

One of the funniest TV moments of the decade. Comedy gold.
Urg I just couldn't bear watching that clip again. What did they want him to say? Yes I didn't really want to follow my dreams and be a rock star it was just a phase I was going through and I was hoping to settle down in a nice sensible job and get on the housing ladder ASAP. Perhaps they could have got Linder on as well and ask her when she will quit all that doodling nonsense.
This was all covered well in The Office:

Urg I just couldn't bear watching that clip again. What did they want him to say? Yes I didn't really want to follow my dreams and be a rock star it was just a phase I was going through and I was hoping to settle down in a nice sensible job and get on the housing ladder ASAP. Perhaps they could have got Linder on as well and ask her when she will quit all that doodling nonsense.
This was all covered well in The Office:

And to think, people that visit this site, supposedly they themselves are fans. Are surprised or would question why Morrissey would say that? very strange.

And to think, people that visit this site, supposedly they themselves are fans. Are surprised or would question why Morrissey would say that? very strange.
I don’t think anyone would mistake Redacted for a Morrissey fan. One of the most anti Morrissey posters on here.

my post was not really directed at any one member.
The example in this thread, just highlights how some don’t relate to the point of view of, let’s say, of an ‘outsider’. Which is fine.
But I think then Morrissey may not be the right artist for them to be interested in?
Unless of course one finds pleasure solely in criticizing the views and actions of someone they will never agree with or relate to. Which seems to be the case.

my post was not really directed at any one member.
The example in this thread, just highlights how some don’t relate to the point of view of, let’s say, of an ‘outsider’. Which is fine.
But I think then Morrissey may not be the right artist for them to be interested in?
Unless of course one finds pleasure solely in criticizing the views and actions of someone they will never agree with or relate to. Which seems to be the case.
I think it’s presumptuous to more or less say who should or shouldn’t be interested in Morrissey. Personally, I relate to a lot of stuff that one could say make up Morrissey’s character (the vegetarianism, the ‘outsiderhood’, and so on and so forth), but at the same time I feel a strong aversion to some of the politics that has been posted on Central these past few years. Does this make me unfit to be a Morrissey fan? Do you have to relate to everything that is Morrissey? I’m sorry, but this feels cultish. And it is possible to criticize some of the actions of an artist and still love said artist and remain a fan. A healthy mind would have no problem accepting and acknowledging this.

Sigh.

I was talking about Morrissey or artists in general that don’t really feel that they fit in
with society and it’s demands, i.e., preferring
not to work a normal job, whatever.

Wasn’t talking about politics when I wrote
‘criticizing the views and actions of someone they will never agree with’.

Edit, Does this make anyone less a fan if they disagree with him? I guess we would need to define what is and what’s not a fanatic.

But that won’t be with me.

Last edited:
Sigh.

I was talking about Morrissey or artists in general that don’t really feel that they fit in
with society and it’s demands, i.e., preferring
not to work a normal job, whatever.

Wasn’t talking about politics when I wrote
‘criticizing the views and actions of someone they will never agree with’.
Yet the issue remains: you feel that some people shouldn’t be interested in Morrissey if they don’t subscribe to the same exact things that he does. I for one relate to that particular issue, but not to some of the politics. Am I allowed to listen to Morrissey?
And like I said it is possible to criticize some of the actions of an artist and still love said artist and remain a fan.

Back
Top Bottom