Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Coincidence that Michelle Jubelirer leaves Capitol and Morrissey soon after gets his albums back?

Seems she really may have been the roadblock
to getting those albums back earlier. That’s what it looks like, though, I guess we’ll never know.

Michelle, my hell … ;)

It's really sad that people like you need to believe this

I mean, seriously, who cares? World Peace has been available for years and is easy to download off YouTube (I'm not encouraging anyone to do this because it is illegal) and I fear that the flames of Bonfire have already been extinguished.
I have written on here in the past that I am still interested enough to drop in occasionally to see what the Moz fella is up to or what he's been saying but I am completely over the music. Maybe it's my age but I feel that my adoration of Morrissey over the last few decades was misplaced. I now find a lot of the material to be insipid and boring and sometimes downright naff. Case in point:
Staircase At The University.
What the hell is the point of such a dreadfully titled song? The lyrics are absolutely, bowel-emptyingly trite;
"If you don't get three A's, her sweet daddy said, you're shame is sure to stain the family name."
Seriously, what is the song about? Exactly who is such a song aimed at? What is clever or incisive or informed about such utter, utter drivel? I know his contributions to the realm of great music are set in stone for all to see but maybe it's time for us all to knock it on the head and move forward with our lives.
I cannot see for the the life of me why people on this website profess such excited anticipation over such achingly dull news.

Wouldn’t it be more appropriate to have the cover art for BOT on this article? Or both? Not just WPINOYB?

We can only pray that the problem with the f***ing Miley backing vocals on „I am Victoria“ has been solved. Otherwise BOT (and WMTWD) won‘t be released by any label before he‘s gone from earth.

I mean, seriously, who cares? World Peace has been available for years and is easy to download off YouTube (I'm not encouraging anyone to do this because it is illegal) and I fear that the flames of Bonfire have already been extinguished.
I have written on here in the past that I am still interested enough to drop in occasionally to see what the Moz fella is up to or what he's been saying but I am completely over the music. Maybe it's my age but I feel that my adoration of Morrissey over the last few decades was misplaced. I now find a lot of the material to be insipid and boring and sometimes downright naff. Case in point:
Staircase At The University.
What the hell is the point of such a dreadfully titled song? The lyrics are absolutely, bowel-emptyingly trite;
"If you don't get three A's, her sweet daddy said, you're shame is sure to stain the family name."
Seriously, what is the song about? Exactly who is such a song aimed at? What is clever or incisive or informed about such utter, utter drivel? I know his contributions to the realm of great music are set in stone for all to see but maybe it's time for us all to knock it on the head and move forward with our lives.
I cannot see for the the life of me why people on this website profess such excited anticipation over such achingly dull news.
Cool story, bro.

It pains me that there’s been all this fuss over the utterly tuneless, nonsensical nothingness that is I am Veronica. Had it been released as a single, it would probably have been the weakest one of his career. And to think that SER compared it to This Charming Man is enough to drive anyone into full on Falling Down mode.

It pains me that there’s been all this fuss over the utterly tuneless, nonsensical nothingness that is I am Veronica. Had it been released as a single, it would probably have been the weakest one of his career. And to think that SER compared it to This Charming Man is enough to drive anyone into full on Falling Down mode.
I always enjoy your visceral dislike of "I Am Veronica"! For me it towers above something like "Dagenham Dave". I love all the different vocal melody elements to it, even if it ends up being a weird song structure. (Agree with you re nonsensical, though, although presumably it makes some kind of sense to Morrissey?!)

His life is opera don't you know.

Opera indeed.

This is amazing news and I'll be drinking to this tonight. That this is one step closer to me hearing the studio cut of Saint In A Stained Glass Window.... I can't help feel a bit giddy.

After all of this drama, it makes a conventional smooth sailing release seem a lot less fun. Maybe I'm just a masochist.

I suppose it's a case of I Want The One I Can't Have....
It certainly is amazing news. We are one step closer and it feels damn good. We might hear them during his lifetime after all.

I must admit, I love SIASGW. It's gorgeous.

I actually agree with you. You get used to everything in M land being done the hard way but it feels extra rewarding when something does happen. I think we are all gluttons for punishment - all of us who follow everything he says or does. We must be!

good on him for putting his own dough to get his music back,it should never have come to this in the first place.
im going for an october release,dont ask me why but my big crystal ball is rarely wrong,ps if im wrong i will give £1.16 to a charity of anyones choice.

Back
Top Bottom