Your ONE wish for the new album

Boz played keyboards and various instruments touring with Edwyn Collins until March this year.

However, I'm not very keen on your idea.

Morrissey should venture Elton John / Billy Joel / Ben Folds territory?

Hope not.

You can count on one hand the number of songs Elton John and Billy Joel have done that is piano only. So, what are you talking about?

One wish. Hmm. Can I wish for more wishes? Ah, good, many thanks.

Of Morrissey's music I particularly enjoy the songs 'Maladjusted' and 'The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils'; I'd like to hear a long, darkly poetic track in a similar style, perhaps with an orchestral backing (Marr helped with the Inception soundtrack, didn't he? That worked quite well...). 'Life is a Pigsty' was on its way there, I think, but it doesn't have the same sharp edge.

Also, something intelligent and witty without trying to be politically scathing, and maybe something to rival, or at least match, the personal reflection of 'Speedway'. If this ends up being his last album of original music, I'd love for it to have some songs harking back stylistically to the music of The Smiths; perhaps just one or two direct lyrical quotations (just as a shot portion of 'Hand in Glove' makes an appearance at the end of 'Pretty Girls Make Graves') or something musically along the lines of 'How Soon Is Now'.

I'd love for the words "I'm just bigmouth striking again" to be included somewhere. That'd be fab.

Perhaps I'm wishing too heavily.

I'll relegate my wishlist for the new LP to actual possibilities rather than crazy talk, like Jesse leaving. I mean that'd be great, but I think he's here for the long haul.:tears:

So...my hopes/wishes for the new album are:

-definitely have Street produce and/or co-write.

-to get away from the super heavy rock and roll pop-punk Finn sound. But...I also wouldn't want to hear Interesting Drug 2011...because even though I love that early, light-and-bright sound of his old days, I think that
a) the new band can't play that stuff
and
b) I think these days it would sound false coming from him, stylistically. I really I think he should return to his mid 90s sound, like Vauxhall and Sunny and Boxers. Except this time, produce it in a way that does the music justice.

And...I guess that's it. It's not like he's gonna put anything out that is radically different. He sticks with what he knows, which is generally good, but...I think we all know pretty much what to expect. Let's just hope the songs are better this time.

I'd also like to mention a point made in a recent thread by Viva Hate, where he suggested that the new LP will have much greater impact as a whole if the new songs are not played live in advance, or if they are, then only minimally so. I think that's key. I think this album will be much better received if we get to hear it with no teasers other than the lead-off single.
Stop posting under 2 different names moron.

Stop posting under 2 different names moron.

I beg your pardon?

No need for swearing at them, young lady.

Shame and Skylarker are two different individuals, but you are unable to distinguish the difference between them.

My wish for the new album would have simply have.......The Smiths and then the title of the album written on it :D

Wow, I'm quite taken aback, really. I've only been an actual member of the forums for a few weeks and I've been called a moron. Or rather, half a moron, seeing as two of us have been weirdly accused of something obscure.

Strangeways here you come?

Haha :lbf:you are getting angry-so weak you are so weak hehe

And people claim I'M crazy.

Since no one is sticking to just ONE wish:

In with Alain, out with Jesse. That will automatically change the abrasiveness of the music.
Get a good producer. Hopefully Street. The poorly mixed ROTT and YOR days need to end.
Rock isn't a bad thing, but Morrissey hasn't been doing it well lately. More softer melodic songs would do him good.
More synth. Please.

Errrr, you're the only one to think VH is angry.

Of course you live in another planet, don't you?

Trollbaiting.

"Moron" is a swear word? Just making sure I don't get banned for saying it in the future. :rolleyes:

Boz played keyboards and various instruments touring with Edwyn Collins until March this year.

However, I'm not very keen on your idea.

Morrissey should venture Elton John / Billy Joel / Ben Folds territory?

Hope not.

Because Elton John, Billy Joel, and Ben Folds are the ONLY artists who use piano, and thus, if a Morrissey album were to primarily be based around piano, it would make him sound like one of them. Flawless logic.

Because Elton John, Billy Joel, and Ben Folds are the ONLY artists who use piano, and thus, if a Morrissey album were to primarily be based around piano, it would make him sound like one of them. Flawless logic.

I guess Asleep was OK....

I beg your pardon?

Shame and Skylarker are two different individuals, but you are unable to distinguish the difference between them.

It's OK. I'm used to it.
bew.jpg

For the new album I wish for Morrisey to put his penis into my vagina. There will be no B-side to that album, just A-side. :D

Just as long as you don't want Tobias involved...

Wah-wahhhhhh. :rolleyes:

(FTR not that it's anyone's business, but I saw "Tobias" at a concert and I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend. :cool: I could be wrong, just saying though.)

Wah-wahhhhhh. :rolleyes:

(FTR not that it's anyone's business, but I saw "Tobias" at a concert and I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend. :cool: I could be wrong, just saying though.)

I've heard it's possible to have sex with a girl even if you already have a girlfriend.

I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom