Your favourite hairstyle of Morrissey's?

Shame

From the pre-Smiths locks to the 1997 millimeters, and from the 1980s muss to its 21st century regeneration, Morrissey's hair has been inspirational.

I speak tonight, of course, as a superficial ambassador for his keratin coiffing.

When did you like it best 'n' stuff? :cool:

I think Morrissey's hairstyle and image looks really cool on the Maladjusted album. However I think Morrissey's hair looked great when he was in the pink and white spotted shirt, wrapping his arms around Mr Johnny Marr in The Smiths!

Morrissey-Maladjusted.jpg

222F0727-F057-2156-FB4A275C718BB31D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
2006- in the future and youngest was the most videos

I think it looks cool as f*** here:

Morrissey-Southpaw-Grammar-464982.jpg

And also throughout the 'Introducing Morrissey' video, despite the sweat! He just oozed everything then :guitar:

I agree with the previous post, early to mid 90s was when Morrissey's hair and sideburns were at perfection. Especially love this picture with the strands of hair falling forward.
telescope.jpg

For me it's a close tie between the shorter, spikier quiff in the 80s:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and the gigantic feathery creation of 1990/91:

I think it looks cool as f*** here:

Morrissey-Southpaw-Grammar-464982.jpg

And also throughout the 'Introducing Morrissey' video, despite the sweat! He just oozed everything then :guitar:

I agree with the previous post, early to mid 90s was when Morrissey's hair and sideburns were at perfection. Especially love this picture with the strands of hair falling forward.
telescope.jpg

I've tried to get mine like these ones. It didn't work out.

My sideburns never grow

This is pretty nifty, from Eighty-Hate ~

im12f9.jpg

But the extension of the sideburns in '89 brought the look to an immaculate perfection that lasted until '92 when the quiff began to curve and wilt into more of a classic rocker look. Which was still lovely. But, for me, the annus mirabilis of the Moz hair was 1991. Every shot a stunner. These few will suffice ~

4733538538_b8b2cea3c7_z.jpg

4751757500_a61d611cf5_m.jpg

*technically the previous two were shot in October 1990, but they appeared in 1991*

5428442203_c30c5d3dd8.jpg

91002.jpg

I don't know if it's because it's shot outdoors and the sun is hitting it, but I love when you can see the little bit of reddish brown that is in his hair mixed with the grey. I'm not a fan of the shoe polish black look he's had at various times, but just the natural soft color, and the hint of red. And the way it turns black when he's sweaty on stage. :horny:

normal_Morrissey.jpg

There's another papped photo of him in a silver suit getting out of an Audi in the passeneger seat that I can't find and I recall always thinking I love his hair in that pic. :o

I love his hair in the Glamorous Glue video.Especially how it`s really short in the back.I thought that was really sexy.I also think there`s a part in the November Spawned A Monster video where his hair looks just perfect.

You should buy The Very Best of Morrissey.

I briefly considered doing so. If he serves to suitably impress (which I'm sure he will) when I go to see him (for the first time) in York next month, I might well indulge.

I already have the 'Hulmerist', 'The Smiths - The Complete Picture' and 'Who Put The 'M'...' DVDs, and I'm thinking about purchasing '¡Oye Esteban!' sometime soon, so 'The Very Best of Morrissey' might not be perfectly useful in my pursuit of Morrissey videos. :rolleyes:

Oh, and as the starter of this thread (which seems to be happily growing), I can't actually decide on a favourite style. Perhaps all this will help.

I don't know if it's because it's shot outdoors and the sun is hitting it, but I love when you can see the little bit of reddish brown that is in his hair mixed with the grey. I'm not a fan of the shoe polish black look he's had at various times, but just the natural soft color, and the hint of red. And the way it turns black when he's sweaty on stage. :horny:

normal_Morrissey.jpg

There's another papped photo of him in a silver suit getting out of an Audi in the passeneger seat that I can't find and I recall always thinking I love his hair in that pic. :o

Shoe polish black :S when did Moz ever have black hair? Apart from a photoshoot in the 80s when it was auburn, I can't even think of a time he's ever dyed his hair. Am I missing something :p

I briefly considered doing so. If he serves to suitably impress (which I'm sure he will) when I go to see him (for the first time) in York next month, I might well indulge.

I already have the 'Hulmerist', 'The Smiths - The Complete Picture' and 'Who Put The 'M'...' DVDs, and I'm thinking about purchasing '¡Oye Esteban!' sometime soon, so 'The Very Best of Morrissey' might not be perfectly useful in my pursuit of Morrissey videos. :rolleyes:

Oh, and as the starter of this thread (which seems to be happily growing), I can't actually decide on a favourite style. Perhaps all this will help.

Ah, but TVBOM has the "I've Changed My Plea" performance in better quality than you can see anywhere else. That alone made it worth buying.

Back
Top Bottom