Years Of Refusal enters UK album chart at #3

The world is full of crashing bores, and two of them are charting higher than Mozzer. KOL have gone from something for music fans that was really quite special to Radio 1's flavour of the month, they've been given the carrot and they've ran with it.

The telling thing will be where it is next week........
Kings Of Leon is in week 22 and is number 1. The Ting Tings are in week 30 odd and number 8.

How many weeks will YOR last in the top 30? I doubt four......

Jukebox Jury

If the next single is really strong, is there any chance for the album to hit number 1 on a second wind, or am I being naive?

I'm not really a chart watcher, but I still think it's his best album & I still hope it could be his most successful chart-wise, too.

The only chance we have of getting this to stay top ten is if we all rush out again this week and buy another copy. As I already bought two copies in the first week, I've already done my quota, but please, the rest of you, feel free...

Well seeing as the next single is Black Cloud I doubt that'll give it the extra push to #1.

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

As for Kings Of Leon's triumph they were easily the best performance at the Brits - I even (illegally) downloaded the album, and held off buying Lily Allen's to give Moz a chance but oh well.

Top 3 isn't bad.

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

As for Kings Of Leon's triumph they were easily the best performance at the Brits - I even (illegally) downloaded the album, and held off buying Lily Allen's to give Moz a chance but oh well.

Top 3 isn't bad.

It's really not bad especially if we consider that it didn't come from a mainstream artist. I hope for No. 1 though.

If the next single is really strong, is there any chance for the album to hit number 1 on a second wind, or am I being naive?

I'm not really a chart watcher, but I still think it's his best album & I still hope it could be his most successful chart-wise, too.

there's pretty much zero chance. if he releases a great single and it gets tons of airplay it could bring the album back into the chart, maybe the top 20 (as First of the Gang did for Quarry) but virtually no chance of a number one (unless something unprecedented happened e.g. Brit/Mercury awards etc).

wow what a shite top 10.

or top 9 i should say.

How many of the albums in that list have you actually heard, or is that simply your knee-jerk reaction to seeing a modern top 10 music chart? :confused:

I haven't seen such a high quality top 10 album chart in a very long time. Fleet Foxes are a fantastic new band, and Elbow's The Seldom Seen Kid was easily my favourite album of 2008. I haven't heard the new one by Seasick Steve, but I've been a fan of his for years, and never would have thought that I'd see the day where he got into the top 10. And, considering that its post-Brits week and everything, Morrissey getting to no. 3 is pretty darn awesome. :guitar:

Years of Refusal first week sales details

source - MUSIC WEEK

ALBUMS

67001 Kings Of Leon
45555 Lily Allen
39203 Morrissey
30888 Duffy (4)
17892 Elbow (5)

After a bright start, helped by Morrissey’s appearances on Jonathan Ross and – more unexpectedly – The One Show, Years Of Refusal sold 39,203 copies to debut at number three. Morrissey’s 11th solo Top 10 album, it had a bigger opening week than his Greatest Hits album, which debuted at number five on sales of 27,873 last February but fell far short of both his last two studio albums, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, which opened at number one on sales of 63,709 in April 2006; and You Are The Quarry, which secured a number two debut on sales of 74,995 in May 2004.

Well seeing as the next single is Black Cloud I doubt that'll give it the extra push to #1.

I know this has been covered on another thread, but i think "skull" would be a better choice for single - its proven to be a crowd pleaser when performed live, plus its a bit more... daring, in a way. Kings of Leon have 'sex' on fire, where Moz's skull is being squeezed with the likes of 'diazapam', 'lithium', etc.. ok not exactly ground breaking, but has more of an edge, than say 'Black Cloud'..

I know this has been covered on another thread, but i think "skull" would be a better choice for single - its proven to be a crowd pleaser when performed live, plus its a bit more... daring, in a way. Kings of Leon have 'sex' on fire, where Moz's skull is being squeezed with the likes of 'diazapam', 'lithium', etc.. ok not exactly ground breaking, but has more of an edge, than say 'Black Cloud'..

Sorry, could I just ask again, where was it confirmed that 'Black Cloud' was the next single? Did I miss it? :confused:

Sorry, could I just ask again, where was it confirmed that 'Black Cloud' was the next single? Did I miss it? :confused:

Dunno if it was confirmed my friend, was just throwing in my tuppence worth ;)

(whohoo, and that was my 100th post!)

Hmmmm. Hard copy distribution is still a problem. My local Borders doesn't have YOR a week after release, and some other new releases, too. Downloads will have more influence on charts while stores get their distribution act together.

Back
Top Bottom