would you welcome or cringe at the prospect of Morrissey covering "Bohemian Rhapsody"

would you welcome or cringe at the prospect of Morrissey covering "Bohemian Rhapsody"

• welcome- ithink Moz you do a fantastic version

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • not sure- id be interested and optimistic

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • not sure- idont think it'd be a good idea

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • cringe- this would be a train wreck

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
Re: would you welcome or cringe at the prospect of Morrissey covering "Bohemian Rhaps

im a big fan of covers as long as they are not taken too seriously, but i can think of a hundred songs that he should cover before BR.

My top choice (if youre reading Mozza) would be Nick Cave's "Henry Lee", solo or as a duet with KT Tunstall.

Re: would you welcome or cringe at the prospect of Morrissey covering "Bohemian Rhaps

How anybody can find a pleasurable listening experience in 'mamma mia mamma mia MAMMA MIA!!! MAMMA MIA!!!' is beyond me.
Haha!Exactly!

It's a shame you don't like queen. I don't think they are the best band ever BUT Freddie was quite a talent and they did have some good songs.
I like some of their songs e.g."Who wants to live forever"and"Under Pressure",but some are really annoying like"Radio Ga Ga":mad: and "Bicycle Race":mad::mad:

I'd like it, simply because I'd be extremely curious about the result. It would in any case be entertaining.
BR is a masterpiece and could only ever have been done "properly" by Queen, just like no one ever could do a Morrissey song as great as Morrissey himself. So it shouldn't be taken too seriously. Can't see it happening anyway, but it's an absorbing thought nonetheless.

Despite the fact that I wouldn't approve of Morrissey doing a version, I'd still buy the song on all formats if it were a single. I'm sure a handful of you would as well.

I think the first and last part he could pull of and it would be great... but those multi-harmony middle-parts surely will be a disaster (they are already ridiculous in the original).

Has Morrissey ever said anything about Queen or Freddie Mercury?

It would be the pits for f***'s sake.

I would be curious to see how it turned out and optimistic. But, to be honest, I really can't see him covering Bohemian Rhapsody.

Morrissey would never even remotely consider covering this. It's a terrible song!

Back
Top Bottom