What song are you listening to right now?

Great live version , one of the most important Dylan's lyrics

Of course, Morrissey is still the most important thing, but Dylan also made my life a little bit enjoyable. Especially the last few months in the internal lockdown.

"We'll meet on edges, soon, " said I, proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now

I’ll say dylan is pretty great even if I’m not a fanatic. i think he’s managed to live up to his legacy (artistic/poetic/political etc) better than almost anyone I can think of whos reached his level of fame or cultural influence. He’s always managed to mean more than just selling tickets and seats and impress all the way to the end

I’ll say dylan is pretty great even if I’m not a fanatic. i think he’s managed to live up to his legacy (artistic/poetic/political etc) better than almost anyone I can think of whos reached his level of fame or cultural influence. He’s always managed to mean more than just selling tickets and seats and impress all the way to the end

He has had a weaker moments (late eighties and early nineties), but always maintains a level unattainable by other living artists. I noticed that understanding his work takes time. I didn't fully discover it until I was 40 (quite recently). Now I listen to his songs every day and it's not just music, it's something more. Something that makes me feel better, that I understand better the surrounding reality. By the way, Dylan also has some beautiful, one-of-a-kind love songs.

My life story - taking on the world

wasn’t gonna repost after the mistake but I like the relaxed optimism of the video and the color choices

was thinking about breaking up the cure bsides join the dots on Spotify into bside playlist albums. I’m a moderate fan of the cure and I think there’s at least a couple good ones on there (potential albums that is not songs). I don’t know anything about the bsides though

He has had a weaker moments (late eighties and early nineties), but always maintains a level unattainable by other living artists. I noticed that understanding his work takes time. I didn't fully discover it until I was 40 (quite recently). Now I listen to his songs every day and it's not just music, it's something more. Something that makes me feel better, that I understand better the surrounding reality. By the way, Dylan also has some beautiful, one-of-a-kind love songs.

my parents were big fans so he and his story have always been present but I myself didn’t take a closer look until my thirties. I’ve seen him live a couple of time from the mid eighties with my folks to my thirties when I could treat my folks. It’s neat how he reworked a lot of stuff for different times eras. I thought the Nobel accept and snub was kinda perfect

This song has become a modern day standard.
Folks like Adele, Silly Joel, Darth Brooks and Brian Ferret
have all had a go at it.

Take your pick:

He thinks he's got the whole world in his hands
Stood at the urinal

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom