What is your favorite time of day/night? And why?

westendgirl

I have been wanting to make a thread outta this question, and have finally gotten the chance to! :)

SOOOOO...tell me, what is it??
Whenh the sun rises early in the morning, mid-morning, early-afternoon, mid-afternoon, late-afternoon, early evening, late evening, when the sun sets, after the sun sets...late at night??....any options missing?? :p If so just tell me what your favorite is and why please....I'm curious to know!

Well, here is my favorite time of day/night......it would be around the time when the sun is almost all the way set and I can see the hughs of the sun in the sky, slowly fading away and some clouds around....truly beautiful. For some reason seeing that and being outside or just peering through a window watching that beauty makes me very happy and calms me. Lets me think and relax, makes me feel good, and also gives me this strange bittersweet feeling. And this bittersweet feeling makes me very emotional, almost makes me want to cry, but real happy at the same time. At that time I wonder what Moz is doing...maybe silly, but still. And then think about how thankful I have him in my life, like we all are. And then I think about how thankful i am to just be alive in general. And that God has given us all this priceles beauty that not even man can duplicate, cuz it's not in man to do and never will be. We may be intelligent individuals, but something as far and high as the beauty of things created, is too far-reaching for any human to duplicate. And this bittersweet feeling, well I love it.
It's actually almost nearing that time of night right now....and those feelings will be coming to me. I know only few that can understand what I feel at that moment of the evening, one who i have to about it on here, and also one of my friends. It's incredible how that time of night can make me feel that way.

My other favorite time of night is around 11 or 1/2 in the morning. I really think it's because when I was a little girl, my daddy would get up and look at the stars or planets or the moon through his telescope at that time, and we would share that moment together quite often. The beauty of the planets was always astouding and beautiful. And that is something that was and is very special to me even now. I wish that the special moment could have still continued onto today.....but life always throws you curveballs, and I can only treasure that moment up until I was 7...and then rarely after that. I am thankful I at least have that great memory of when I was young. Amoung the rest I would rather not remember....:)

Anyways....enough about my favorite times, tell me yours...I'd love to hear 'em! ;-)

EDIT:: YOUR ANSWER DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LONG LIKE MINE. TAILOR IT TO HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE TIME OF DAY/NIGHT, NO PRESSURE IN LENGTH, I AM JUJST CURIOUS AND WOULD LOVE TO KNOW NO MATTER WHAT YOUR REASON FOR IT IS!! ;)

Last edited:
Sundown in the Summer is nice because the night is warm but not too hot. You can go out and do things and not have to worry about a jacket. I like that. I don't really like night in the Winter as much.

Sunrise is great because I am one of those people that always thinks I will accomplish things and solve some problem if I just get up early enough.

If I'm with a friend or doing something fun I really like the middle of the night. 3 am eternal.

My answer is lame compared to yours, sorry.

Sundown in the Summer is nice because the night is warm but not too hot. You can go out and do things and not have to worry about a jacket. I like that. I don't really like night in the Winter as much.

Sunrise is great because I am one of those people that always thinks I will accomplish things and solve some problem if I just get up early enough.

If I'm with a friend or doing something fun I really like the middle of the night. 3 am eternal.

My answer is lame compared to yours, sorry.

Awww, NO! I LOVE your answer! I was going to add something to my post in asking, that it doesn't have to be as long a reason as mine is, or similar, those times just have real feeling and meaning for me, and I was compelled to share it in such detail like I always feel the need to. But your answer is NOT lame at all!! Everybody has a very different reason, and I am happy that they do!

So thank you for replying, I appreciate you telling me....like I said I would to know, no matter what you have to say! ;)

Last edited:
I like the morning because everything is young and new and the day is full of possibilities. Night sort of feels like death, and what's done is done...

I like the morning because everything is young and new and the day is full of possibilities. Night sort of feels like death, and what's done is done...

I agree with that. The early morning when the sun is about to rise is another of my favorite times as well. :) Cuz it's beautiful and as you said, the day can bring on so many different possibilities, which can be exciting!

My favourite time is late at night, around 1am-3am.
There is something really magical about being awake, and seeing the world when it is cool and quiet and the stars whisper above you.
I like to go out for walks, and look at the street lights, because there is this very fine mist that catches the light and makes everything seem really dreamy.
Also, lately..I have been taking my ipod on these walks, just Morrissey and I walking through the night.
I find the day to be garish, and disappointing.
I wish I could sleep all day and exist only at night.

My favourite time is late at night, around 1am-3am.
There is something really magical about being awake, and seeing the world when it is cool and quiet and the stars whisper above you.
I like to go out for walks, and look at the street lights, because there is this very fine mist that catches the light and makes everything seem really dreamy.
Also, lately..I have been taking my ipod on these walks, just Morrissey and I walking through the night.
I find the day to be garish, and disappointing.
I wish I could sleep all day and exist only at night.

ohh myyy...I have always wanted to do that, although i my neighborhood it may not be so safe....:p

There is something so dreamy about that time...I almost feel like I am on the top of the world...in some strange way...I don't really think that's the way i intended to describe it, but that'll do for now. :D

I really like late night in the winter, cold with bonfires and stuff, all wapped up warm, and in the summer, sunrise is my favourite

i like to do that, too, dave. i hardly ever seem to be asleep early, enough, though :(

i like to do that, too, dave. i hardly ever seem to be asleep early, enough, though :(
I also do that. I feel smug if I've achieved something by say, 9.30, but then I tend to ruin it all by turning on the computer

I love late-evening and after midnight.
I love when I'm at our summercottage, there's a lake, and when it's summer, there is light and when it's calm, it's lovely sitting on the last stair and keep feet in the water. Or scip rocks. Or just watch.

Well put. I love excatly the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom