What is one to do to meet Morrissey?

marronsus

I am no desperate need whatsoever but if I was to die tomorrow, that is one thing I will surely be sorry for not having accomplished.

Any ideas?

Never try to do anything, it only hurts when you fail.

We say that 'at least we tried' but that is just another way of saying 'what a waste of time that was, we contributed so much effort for nothing'

Morrissey is like a cat, you should never got out and approach him, let him come to you.

Love PTxx.

Meeting him.

For those of you who have gotten the chance to meet the man himself, what advice would you give to a girl looking to have that once-in-a-lifetime experience?
He will be in Milwaukee the day before my 19th birthday, and if my dreams come true that day, I will get my body signed by him and then get it tattooed.
I by no means intend to stalk him. I'm just wondering if he tends to linger around the venue entrance beforehand or after the show, things like this.

I also wouldn't mind, if you'd be so inclined to reveal, maybe what sort of hotel he likes to stay at, if he usually eats at places in the city, does he maybe walk around the city during the day before the show? Pretty much anything that might aid me in getting to meet Moz. :o Please!

P.S.- Please don't crush my hopes!!

Last edited:
Re: Meeting him.

I also wouldn't mind, if you'd be so inclined to reveal, maybe what sort of hotel he likes to stay at, if he usually eats at places in the city, does he maybe walk around the city during the day before the show? Pretty much anything that might aid me in getting to meet Moz. :o Please!

P.S.- Please don't crush my hopes!!

You know what? Sorry to crush your hopes but I don't think that is going to happen, and even if you did know, he has a bodyguard with him on tour that doesn't really appreciate people coming into the hotel he's staying in etc., as I have heard of mostly unhappy endings when people have tried to do this. IOW, this probably isn't a good idea. But, when we were in Chicago for a gig (either 2004 or 2006, can't remember) I did see him on the street. A few friends and I were walking down the street when we ran into another person we know. He was looking all sweaty and weird, and told us that some man had just told him that he saw the "guy on his t-shirt" walking down the road a few blocks away. We thought "wow that's odd. Morrissey never comes out before dusk;)," and walked towards the direction he was spotted in, just as one would do for Bigfoot or Gary Coleman. Low and behold, he was there walking down the street... So, it does sometimes happen, I would just say that probably trying to sneak around hotels and stuff won't leave you happy in the end. We used to try that stuff a lot around 92, and it never worked to our benefit.

Never meet your heros....that's my advice...bound to be a disappointment!

If I saw Morrissey walking down the street I'd hide behind a lamp post! :eek:

Love Alma xxx

Never try to do anything, it only hurts when you fail.

We say that 'at least we tried' but that is just another way of saying 'what a waste of time that was, we contributed so much effort for nothing'

Morrissey is like a cat, you should never got out and approach him, let him come to you.

Love PTxx.

You are a very wise man, Mr. PT :guitar:

I also think that chasing after Moz is a very bad idea. To some it may seem like it's harmless and cute, but to him it's stalking no matter how innocent the intentions might be. He's a famous person, and them people have a different way of seeing things because they've had bad experiences with creeps and such... plus they're human, anyone would be creeped out by an ex-bf or gf chasing them down and waiting for them outside their home. :eek:

Things are better when they happen spontaneously anyway... Let him come to you. :)

Last edited:
I'd probably just nod at him and say "alright Ste?".

Can't really imagine myself getting him on-side in conversation.

Wait until he does a signing somewhere. He'll be more apt to give autographs.

If the day ever comes where he does do another signing you can be sure I'm going to ask him very nicely to sign my body and then get that shit tattoed on that very night. I'll just have to decide where. I always thought I would like it on my inside ankle ( since i'm not a fan on tats on me) but I kinda think it would hurt too much there.

"I'm just wondering if he tends to linger around the venue entrance beforehand or after the show, things like this."

No. There's a Youtube video of a guy who scored an autograph from Morrissey by the back or side door of some theater before the pre-show soundcheck but again, he's not one to linger or loiter outside the venue.

My GF met him years ago at a record store signing but I don't think he does those kinds of events anymore.

maybe hijacking a boeing 747 full of cows and cute puppies, and threat with crashing it into some Peta HQ if he doesn't show, that should get his attention

Tags
get over it leave him alone stalker
Back
Top Bottom