• Start date
M

me, myself and I

The Feelies
Pop Guns
Woodentops
Luxuria
Les enfants terribles....?

Luxuria were good, haven't listened to them for years though.

> The Feelies
> Pop Guns
> Woodentops
> Luxuria
> Les enfants terribles....?

Re: Talk to Librarian on Fire about the Popguns!

Sadly they were doomed. I loved their energy though. Best band with a girl singer I can think of (except maybe The Shop Assistants, but they don't count because there was more than one girl in that band). And if you ever see someone wearing a Popguns T-shirt, it could well be me. 'Snog' was their best effort. 'Love Junky' was kind of more-of-the-same. Do you have their records Me Myself & I? (PS are you a fan of Joan Armatrading or De La Soul, or maybe you just made up that nickname?)

I never really did appreciate The Primitives.

Luxuria were good, haven't listened to them for years though.

Or me!

The Popguns were poptastic! I've already written about them on this board. They reformed for a gig in Brighton a couple of months back. They may do some more... or may not.

> Luxuria were good, haven't listened to them for years though.
Never heard any, but I'd like to.

TMF

Re: Or me!

What did you think of the Woodentops MF? I can't quite see them fitting in with your likes. They were a bit shall we say "agricultural" with their almost pre-crusty style. They had a Kiwi somewhere there in the band, not Rolo. The first album is the winner if I remember correctly. Another one to dig around for.

Re: Talk to Librarian on Fire about the Popguns!

> I never really did appreciate The Primitives.

Tsk tsk, they were fantastic. It's a shame people remember them only for "Crash". "Spacehead" is my favourite, and "Through the Flowers". I still have my Melody Makers and NME's with Tracy Tracy on the cover.

The Primitives

My fave of their is 'Really Stupid'. A simple, melodic stomper which echoes many a opinion I have had about people.

> Tsk tsk, they were fantastic. It's a shame people remember them only for
> "Crash". "Spacehead" is my favourite, and
> "Through the Flowers". I still have my Melody Makers and NME's
> with Tracy Tracy on the cover.

The Primitives

> What did you think of the Woodentops MF? I can't quite see them fitting in
> with your likes. They were a bit shall we say "agricultural"
> with their almost pre-crusty style. They had a Kiwi somewhere there in the
> band, not Rolo. The first album is the winner if I remember correctly.
> Another one to dig around for.

I didn't mind the band to be fair. I liked their version of The Velvets "I'll Be Your Mirror" and their first album was quite good.

The flip side though is that I saw them support The Bunnymen at The Barrowlands and they were woeful.

Re: The Woodentops

They were a year or two before my time, so I never really heard anything by them.

TMF

> They were a year or two before my time, so I never really heard anything
> by them.

> TMF

Giant is rather listenable; WF Cops on the Highway less. I liked Tuesday Wednesday though. They had nice rythms.

Anyone saw The Sound live in those days?

Bite my lip,
ww
xxx

> They were a year or two before my time, so I never really heard anything
> by them.

> TMF

that's the sort of thing Bluenose says but she was 54 last birthday.

Back
Top Bottom