Unplayed / "One-off" Live Tracks

I'd like to hear 'Shame is the name', 'Dial-a-cliche', 'The ordinary boys'

I believe Luck Lisp is a rarely played song? I have one live version somewhere...

Re: What are some songs that The Smiths didnt play live???

What are some songs that The Smiths didnt play live???

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Party Hard - Pulp
Down-bound Train - Bruce Springsteen
Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks
You Keep Me Hangin' On - Kim Wilde

These are only some of the songs the Smiths never played live. There are literally dozens more. Dozens.

It's interesting to see how few haven't been performed live. From Stephane's list, if you eliminate those that Morrissey has since played live, or songs that were performed for TV, it only leaves:

Golden Lights
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
I Won't Share You
Oscillate Wildly
Unhappy Birthday
Unloveable
Well I Wonder
Work Is A Four Letter Word

Some I can live without, but I'd love to hear Morrissey do "I Started Something..." (to hear him sing "grab you by the gilded beams...") and "Unloveable" (I wear black on the outside...)

Dave

It's interesting to see how few haven't been performed live. From Stephane's list, if you eliminate those that Morrissey has since played live, or songs that were performed for TV, it only leaves:

Golden Lights
I Won't Share You
Oscillate Wildly
Unhappy Birthday
Unloveable
Well I Wonder

Some I can live without, but I'd love to hear Morrissey do "I Started Something..." (to hear him sing "grab you by the gilded beams...") and "Unloveable" (I wear black on the outside...)

Dave

I'd love to hear Well I Wonder and I Won't Share You live. Well I Wonder is one of my favourite Smiths songs.
Unloveable was never played live, but here is a pretty decent recording of the soundcheck from Inverness in 1985.
We get a good idea as to what it would have sounded like if played live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I Wonder is a gem, very very beautiful. I agree.
Cheers Moz

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Party Hard - Pulp
Down-bound Train - Bruce Springsteen
Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks
You Keep Me Hangin' On - Kim Wilde

These are only some of the songs the Smiths never played live. There are literally dozens more. Dozens.

After a sleepless night of extensive internet research , I think I found another one...

By The Time I Get To Arizona - Public Enemy

Golden Lights
I Won't Share You
Oscillate Wildly
Unhappy Birthday
Unloveable
Well I Wonder

Dave

Unloveable was soundchecked, I have two different mp3s of it.

Back
Top Bottom