Well I Wonder live?

max10

Hi, does anybody knows why The Smiths never played "Well I Wonder" live? Or if they did, there's any bootleg around with that song included? I always felt that such a beautiful song deserved to be in their setlist! All of the "Meat Is Murder" tracks have been played live except "Well I Wonder", why?
If anybody knows (maybe difficult to perform with only one guitar player on stage?) i would really appreciate a reply, thank you.

It just doesn't exist. It's never been played live neither by The Smiths nor Morrissey. Why? I ask myself the same question, it's unbelievable that one of their best songs has never been played live but that's how it is.

To my knowledge, it's the only Smiths recording to feature multilayered basslines. I don't know if that has anything to do with why it was never played live, but it might perhaps be a factor.

Maybe the venues banned them from running water at the end of the song on stage with all the electric gadgets about? ;)

Thanks to all for the replies, it is indeed a shame that "Well" was never played, it's with no doubt one of my top 5....

Back
Top Bottom