The Ting Tings; yes or no?

The Ting Tings; yes or no?

• Total voters
The first single was alright, the rest of the album is dire. Definite "No".

The first single was alright, the rest of the album is dire. Definite "No".

But they're Smiths fans from Salford!
Actually, I've not been too impressed. I like the visual/conceptual side of what they do, but the music don't sound too good.
Wondered whether the album had hidden depths...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Tickets have been bought for the upcoming tour and I am giddy with excitement at the prospect. They rock. Good catchy songs and a sexy, charismatic, stylish lead singer. What more could you ask for? It's got to be better than Hot Chip, hasn't it? Now, they suck...

I first heard of them really when I was watching the Glastonbury coverage. And I was so depressed by it. I thought they were absoloutely abysmal. Complete and utter talentless rubbish. Then the next day I look at the front of the Guardian's magazine saying how they are the next big thing in music.
Yuck.

i think hot chip are wonderful in live and both album format's, but the ting tings are just really boring. the whole thing sounds like it was produced for commericial use.

But they're Smiths fans from Salford!
Actually, I've not been too impressed. I like the visual/conceptual side of what they do, but the music don't sound too good.

Not heard that they are Smiths fans, but that is irrelevant surely? I mean, I wont be voting Tory just because Dave 'The Rave' Cameron is a fan.

Back to the subject in hand... I saw them in April last year in Islington Mill, Salford and could see straight away they could be big and pleased to say I was right.
Have tickets to see them with my kids in October:cool:

A definate YES for me.

Jukebox Jury

As a Blondie fan I could see something in them stright away. Saw them for the first time on The Johnathan Ross show and had the good old goose bumps. I think they are worth listening to. I too shall be seeing them in Manchester in October.

No no no no no no no. This is meaningless manufactured commerical shite. Being from the age group and socioeconomic group that I am, I am supposed to like this but NO. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have to disagree with the manufactured bit.
I saw them April last year in front of 30 people including record company bods. They only played 5 songs (they only had 5 songs:D) and they all appeared on the album. All written by themselves and played by themselves.

Jukebox Jury

Not heard that they are Smiths fans, but that is irrelevant surely? I mean, I wont be voting Tory just because Dave 'The Rave' Cameron is a fan.

Back to the subject in hand... I saw them in April last year in Islington Mill, Salford and could see straight away they could be big and pleased to say I was right.
Have tickets to see them with my kids in October:cool:

A definate YES for me.

Jukebox Jury

irrelevant, indeed, but still of interest one would hope!
saw an interview with the lady singer who said she'd been getting into the Smiths (or words to that effect)...

Have to disagree with the manufactured bit.
I saw them April last year in front of 30 people including record company bods. They only played 5 songs (they only had 5 songs:D) and they all appeared on the album. All written by themselves and played by themselves.

Jukebox Jury

Bands can manufacture themselves for the mass market. They all deserve awards for target marketing or something. Another band like this are Black Kids...

ooh, here's a tasty quote off 'music blog'.
'Katie is an unlikely figurehead to stumble out of Manchester’s Bohemian margins. She speaks as she finds, admits to being fired up by “a massive chip on me shoulder” and hadn’t heard of The Smiths until she moved into The Mill, the band’s rehearsal space in Salford. Her lack of Smiths knowledge was nipped in the bud when erstwhile guitar God Johnny Marr started renting space at The Mill, dropping in on occasions to here the manic pop thrill that was going on down the corridor.'
http://musicblog.merseyblogs.co.uk/2008/07/the_ting_tings_on_fame_fortune.html

i like them,i do not love them but i think they are entertaining and i can stand them for more than 5 minutes,which is sometimes hard to do these days with alot of new bands.

But they're Smiths fans from Salford!Actually, I've not been too impressed. I like the visual/conceptual side of what they do, but the music don't sound too good.

Oh, then how could I ever insult them, God forgive me! :p

But, seriously, 'The Long Blondes' are a hundred times better than the Ting Tings, and the singer cavorts with 'Viva Hate' in the video for their first single :D

Meh. Are there any pics of the singer where she doesn't looked drugged out & have her mouth open? :confused:
170408053819_ting_tings.jpg

tingtings.jpg

the-ting-tings-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom