The scam of Swords CD on TicketBananas™ pre-sales

Flax

Now that the tour is over, we need another Morrissey-related drama, right? So I decided to go ahead and bitch incessantly about how TicketBananas™ forced us to buy Swords CDs during the pre-sale, but they weren't mailing actual CDs, they were just giving us codes to download the album.

When I was ready to buy the tickets they had the option of either a "Swords Standard CD" or "Swords Deluxe CD". So I thought I could get these CDs and trade them later or give them to friends or whatever.

So it turns out I got the codes to download the album 4 times. And that cost me $48.

I called TicketBananas™ to complain and was obviously transferred a gazillion of times back and forth and they would claim that it was the promoter's fault or that what they did was right because you could "download the CD".

I argued that you cannot "download a CD". That would be like saying you can "download a car". A CD stands for Compact Disc, which is a physical thing.

Therefore, you can download a file, not a CD.

They argued back, saying that the music was there anyway. And then I asked if they would be happy if they ordered a BluRay disc on Amazon and after a few days get a VHS in the mail. The movie is there, isn't it?

So they finally agreed and said they would contact the promoter to see if they would be allowed to issue a refund, but it's unlikely that they would get the permission, which in that case, they would not refund anything.

I called my bank, filed a complaint and got my money back.

So if you also think this was a scam, you should call, complain and get your money back, regardless of the amount you spent.

If you call TicketBananas™, they will jerk you around, so you might just skip that and call your bank or credit card company.

A real scam... Don't trust any company that has "Bananas" in their name, unless that's exactly what they sell... Bananas...

Now that the tour is over, we need another Morrissey-related drama, right? So I decided to go ahead and bitch incessantly about how TicketBananas™ forced us to buy Swords CDs during the pre-sale, but they weren't mailing actual CDs, they were just giving us codes to download the album.

When I was ready to buy the tickets they had the option of either a "Swords Standard CD" or "Swords Deluxe CD". So I thought I could get these CDs and trade them later or give them to friends or whatever.

So it turns out I got the codes to download the album 4 times. And that cost me $48.

I called TicketBananas™ to complain and was obviously transferred a gazillion of times back and forth and they would claim that it was the promoter's fault or that what they did was right because you could "download the CD".

I argued that you cannot "download a CD". That would be like saying you can "download a car". A CD stands for Compact Disc, which is a physical thing.

Therefore, you can download a file, not a CD.

They argued back, saying that the music was there anyway. And then I asked if they would be happy if they ordered a BluRay disc on Amazon and after a few days get a VHS in the mail. The movie is there, isn't it?

So they finally agreed and said they would contact the promoter to see if they would be allowed to issue a refund, but it's unlikely that they would get the permission, which in that case, they would not refund anything.

I called my bank, filed a complaint and got my money back.

So if you also think this was a scam, you should call, complain and get your money back, regardless of the amount you spent.

If you call TicketBananas™, they will jerk you around, so you might just skip that and call your bank or credit card company.

I plan to do this. Thank you, Flax.

I might do the same! I was also looking forward to two Swords CDs (as the language of the promotion seemed to indicate) but all I got was two crappy download codes.

Back
Top Bottom