The Paul Weller thing?

Franissey

Senior Citizen Discount
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere else on the forum. If so, Mods please delete or move.

BBC America

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/23/anglophenia.jsp?bc_id=1155

Paul Weller Disses Morrissey In Print

From my friends over at Morrissey-solo forums: Morrissey adores Paul Weller, but the love isn't mutual. When asked about The Smiths, the former Jam and Style Council frontman told MOJO Magazine:

"I'd never really got them before, but when I saw them live I thought, "f**king hell!" When they hit hit the stage it made me think of the Jam days; there was an explosion when they hit the boards...but I never listened to any of their records to tell you the truth. I liked a couple of singles, but I was never a fan. I'm certainly not a fan of Morrissey's solo stuff. It's a weird thing, because he's a bit of a fan of mine [Moz covered the Jam's "That's Entertainment" in 1991]. But it's not reciprocated. It bugs me, I don't want to diss him in print, but he's a quintessential Englishman but lives in L.A."

The Morrissey fans are PO'd: one says, "Paul Weller is an arsehole who's not contributed any decent material since The Jam, bar a couple of ok tunes. At least Morrissey doesn't need to suck up to all these new crap bands that kick about these days to gain any sort of attention. [Weller] was an inspiration in his youth, he is however no longer interesting nor relevant."

But another fan retorts: "Saying he's done nothing relevant... How about a number 1 double-album in the UK at 50 years old? That seems relevant. He's still influencing new music (in his current form, not just as The Jam) like The Rifles, The Enemy, etc."

Hmmm, don't think being responsible for The Enemy is something to be proud of...

I wonder how Moz will respond. A good Morrissey catfight is always delicious. Remember his vicious comments about David Bowie?

Paul Weller's new album, 22 Dreams, is up on his website so you can judge his relevance there.

It would help if I got the guys name right. :p Sorry again.

I am brain dead.........

Last edited:
Re: The Peter Weller thing?

i have always enjoyed paul weller,
anyways,i love the jam and i also reallly dig his post jam work,the style council are pretty good.
hell,i even own the paul weller fred perry polo,normal fred perry's cost anywhere between 60 and 80 bucks,his was about 150!!
but his outlook and opinion on morrissey has always come off to me as a bit of jealousy.

i have always enjoyed paul weller,yeah you got the first name wrong but thats okay,isn't peter weller the dude from robocop?
anyways,i love the jam and i also reallly dig his post jam work,the style council are pretty good.
hell,i even own the paul weller fred perry polo,normal fred perry's cost anywhere between 60 and 80 bucks,his was about 150!!
but his outlook and opinion on morrissey has always come off to me as a bit of jealousy.

Poor Franissey mixed up with US actor and British mod father. :o

(yes, I corrected the thread title).

Last edited:

Poor Franissey mixed up with an US actor and British mod father. :o

(yes, I corrected the thread title).

i noticed that and then noticed you fixed it so i went and took out my correction.

hahaha

i was about to say wha!??!?! the star of robocop hates morrissey?

i noticed that and then noticed you fixed it so i went and took out my correction.

hahaha

i was about to say wha!??!?! the star of robocop hates morrissey?

My mom almost married Peter Weller, tru fax. I could have been the star of robocops DAUGHTER.
alas it was not meant to be

I have some manner of vague access to him, I'd go out of my way to beat him up it he hated my Moz.

Last edited:
robo.jpg

:D:rolleyes:

My mom almost married Peter Weller, tru fax. I could have been the star of robocops DAUGHTER.
alas it was not meant to be

you are lucky she did not,or i would have to harass you hourly for peter weller updates.i can honestly say that movie is great,it cracks me up,how many have noticed the dad from that seventies show is a main villain in it.

hahaha
honestly i have made that mistake a million times.its a p anyways,right?

you are lucky she did not,or i would have to harass you hourly for peter weller updates.i can honestly say that movie is great,it cracks me up,how many have noticed the dad from that seventies show is a main villain in it.
I have funny stories from the set of Robocop actually. My mom did some of the stunt work for it, such as the scene at the gas station; she was the one in the burning Robosuit haha.

I guess now we're even, you didn't get to Merritt from his boyfriend for me to get DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS and I'm not robocop's kid. Hurrah!

I have funny stories from the set of Robocop actually. My mom did some of the stunt work for it, such as the scene at the gas station; she was the one in the burning Robosuit haha.

I guess now we're even, you didn't get to Merritt from his boyfriend for me to get DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS and I'm not robocop's kid. Hurrah!

but i can equal you as i still have many merritt stories,its a deep well my friend.

i know that scene sadly haha
i love some really bad films and this is one that is among that list.

but i can equal you as i still have many merrit stories,its a deep well my friend.

i know that scene sadly haha
i love some really bad films and this is one that is among that list.

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

Robocop is great maaaaaaaaaan.
incidentally, i love some really bad people and you are NOT among that list ha ha ha *sputter*

Maybe we should have left the thread title as Peter Weller! ;)

Re: some people remember this

This topic is on mainpage since this Monday.
Moreover, some people knew that Paul Weller doesn't like Smiths/Morrissey, no one bothered to post a thread.

Modfather Paul Weller on Morrissey in MOJO

posted by davidt on Wednesday July 02 2008, @08:00AM :(

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

Robocop is great maaaaaaaaaan.
incidentally, i love some really bad people and you are NOT among that list ha ha ha *sputter*

hahaha

no

but nice attempt trying to butter me up.though i will give you a painful for you hint,become 21 and you can most likely see mr. merritt on a regular basis at a couple different places in boston and los angelels.

i would use a smilie face expressing me sticking out my tongue but we have already gone over that.

This topic is on mainpage since this Monday.
Moreover, some people knew that Paul Weller doesn't like Smiths/Morrissey, no one bothered to post a thread.

he can be quite the jerk,i recall,by luck ,being in nyc in january of' '06 and seeing him play at the virgin store,he did a signing also and i recall it being painful at best

hahaha

No

But Nice Attempt Trying To Butter Me Up.though I Will Give You A Painful For You Hint,become 21 And You Can Most Likely See Mr. Merritt On A Regular Basis At A Couple Different Places In Boston And Los Angelels.

I Would Use A Smilie Face Expressing Me Sticking Out My Tongue But We Have Already Gone Over That
Boo, hiss! Well, anyway, congratulations, cos in..... 5 years you're my official Merritt stalking buddy.
That's if you haven't ceased to exist from EXTREME OLD AGE by then.

ps
you're old

Boo, hiss! Well, anyway, congratulations, cos in..... 5 years you're my official Merritt stalking buddy.
That's if you haven't ceased to exist from EXTREME OLD AGE by then.

ps
you're old

if i am alive in 5 years then i am all yours,a hint will be TT the bears

ha!

i am very old.

Just a quick thought:

Morrissey and Paul Weller have something in common.
They are both responsible for stopping the most eagerly awaited band re-unions.

I wonder who will give in first?

I really wouldn't like to put money on either...

Sounds to me PW was being honest about his musical tastes. I can picture the interviewer giving him the opportunity to dis Morrissey, in order to create a "story" (and an old one at that). Instead PW says what he said before...
"Not much bothered". I think PW is smart enough to see how it goes. And who is certain he was accurately reported, things do get cut up and changed, etc...

He's entitled to his opinion, regardless of whether I agree.

The reaction on the main page is predictable among those who need to prove their loyalty to Morrissey, but for the rest it's live and let live.

Back
Top Bottom