The official ART thread

Oh yes please! Brogans prior to? :)

Sounds good to me. :thumb:

Going to the Dolls?

More twisted earthiness, courtesy of Linder -
orgasm460.jpg

Always loved that cover, and the song.

They are great. :thumb:

I wonder will Louis make the ton? I hope so. :)

'make the ton'? The century, is it? Ní thuigim, gabh mo leithscéal. :o

I didn't know the Dolls were playing, must check that. Lined up for Gilbert O' Sullivan on Paddy's Day.

Unusual paintings of Brazil by artist Johann Moritz Rugendaz were also on view in the gallery in Berlin, such as this -
205-visoes.jpg

Always have been a fan of Mr. Hopper, especially this one:

hopper-nighthawks.jpg

'make the ton'? The century, is it? Ní thuigim, gabh mo leithscéal. :o

I didn't know the Dolls were playing, must check that. Lined up for Gilbert O' Sullivan on Paddy's Day.

Unusual paintings of Brazil by artist Johann Moritz Rugendaz were also on view in the gallery in Berlin, such as this -
205-visoes.jpg

Gan fadhb ar bith. Yes, it is the century, he was born in the calamitous year of 1916.

NYD are on 20th April in The Academy, Middle Abbey Street for all us Irish baaaasterds, as David so memorably called us. :) A Tuesday night, unfortunately, but a goods praigheas at €28.

Oooh, GO'S on Paddy's Day, I might just check for remaining tickets. Is it in the new place in the Docklands?

Nice painting. :thumb:

Gan fadhb ar bith. Yes, it is the century, he was born in the calamitous year of 1916.

NYD are on 20th April in The Academy, Middle Abbey Street for all us Irish baaaasterds, as David so memorably called us. :) A Tuesday night, unfortunately, but a goods praigheas at €28.

Oooh, GO'S on Paddy's Day, I might just check for remaining tickets. Is it in the new place in the Docklands?

Nice painting. :thumb:

That painting is ok; in the 'exotic art' category probably up to a while ago, unlikely to be found in a gallery. The artist was very prolific and observant in an area and era not otherwise much covered. I checked it out when I was told that the modern art building nearby was closed for renovation, and I had an hour to kill before catching up with my travelling companion.

G O'S plays Drogheda on Wed, in the new theatre soon after I think. (we'll start up a TCM thread soon under events...)

A print of this -
2252mi.jpg
- is in my hallway. By Joan Miro, I brought it back from Barcelona a few years ago, left it behind coming back on an Irish train from which somebody kindly rescued it!

That painting is ok; in the 'exotic art' category probably up to a while ago, unlikely to be found in a gallery. The artist was very prolific and observant in an area and era not otherwise much covered. I checked it out when I was told that the modern art building nearby was closed for renovation, and I had an hour to kill before catching up with my travelling companion.

I need to visit Berlin.

G O'S plays Drogheda on Wed, in the new theatre soon after I think. (we'll start up a TCM thread soon under events...)

Three nights at the new theatre commencing next Thursday. Hmmm..

A print of this -
2252mi.jpg
- is in my hallway. By Joan Miro, I brought it back from Barcelona a few years ago, left it behind coming back on an Irish train from which somebody kindly rescued it!

I like that one!

An early Bacon.

ID_030_lg.jpg

My illustration fetish is currently in full swing. :)

Edmund Dulac:
Edmund_Dulac.jpg

218892505_04034be10b.jpg

dulac_bells.jpg

John Bauer:
johnbauer.jpg

leap_elk.jpg

Dulac and Bauer's illustrations are beautiful.

NYC artist Natalie Tyler's 3D work is enrapturing. She describes her mission as an attempt to lead us closer to nature, from whence we spring.
( http://www.blueleafgallery.com/cgi-bin/front_artist.cgi?artist=529703403 )

This work, Cocoon, consists of 3 human-sized cocoons fitted with motion-sensor lights inside that respond to an approach. The idea is a metaphor for those times in life we're in transition and need to withdraw in some comfort and safety to change -
Cocoon_3.jpg

A time-lapse video of Mark Ryden painting his newest masterpiece "Incarnation".

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dupxHaHx7rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dupxHaHx7rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

image001.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

"Italian Vogue (so dreamy) Tim Walker/Linder/Guinevere Van Seenus"

Tags
art no moz pix omg colorz wutizdat
Back
Top Bottom