The Morrissey Shoe - Morrissey Central (16 April, 2019)

47273_morrisseyshoe.jpg

f4cf8a36e10fee70d887f06ebed8eca1.jpg

Then appeared on Central:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-morrissey-shoe

"… designed and distilled by boundary-pushing STELLA McCARTNEY at her edge-of-lake distillery where the ordinary becomes extraordinary.
These shoes are made without the skin, pelt, tongue, face or hide of any animals, thus entirely terror-free and cruelty-free shoes.

Available to you, should you wish. Price 16 shillings (or thereabouts.)"

Regards
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypocritical: behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.
"look at my lovely designer shoes, they are environmentally friendly but take 1000 years to degrade in nature"

His standards aren't high when you think about the cardigans he sometimes wears.

The current trend isn’t baggy vs skinny. These days it’s high waters that’s super popular today with the young and the hip. The shoes are nice and it’s nice that he advertises for cruelty free products. As for it being out of style sure maybe but when has morrissey ever not had his head in the past

PLASTIC! THEY ARE MADE OUT OF PLASTIC!
WHAT IS KILLING THE OCEANS?
PLASTIC!
BRAIN NOT CONNECTED TO MORALS SPM!
The materials Stella Macartney uses have zero impact on the planet.
Any plastic she uses is recycled and she has teamed up with "Parley for the Oceans" to use sea plastic
She uses viscose from Canopy in Sweden which uses the fibre from sustainable forests.
She doesn't use animal or fish glue unlike some who otherwise use vegan materials.
It's easy to see why Morrissey buys her shoes.
Other vegan materials are Cork, vegetable oil, pineapple fibre, coconut, cotton, canvas, hemp.
There are quite a few articles on the research she has put into every aspect of her business to make it sustainable and zero impact on the environment.
The toxic plastic shoes in places like shoe zone are a big nono for your feet or the environment.
There are plenty of online vegan shoe companies with prices comparable to leather shoes in high street shops, if you don't want to fork out big money.
I have several pairs from Wills of London which didn't break the bank and are hard wearing. Doc Martens have a vegan range and others are following suit.
Theres no place for cruelty or toxicity in footwear where there are sustainable alternatives

The "Morrissey shoe" looks like something a 75-year old would wear on Sundays.

Anyone remember Johnny's signature PF Flyers? They weren't much better.
pf flyers.jpg

Any plastic she uses is recycled and she has teamed up with "Parley for the Oceans" to use sea plastic
She uses viscose from Canopy in Sweden which uses the fibre from sustainable forests.
She doesn't use animal or fish glue unlike some who otherwise use vegan materials.
Other vegan materials are Cork, vegetable oil, pineapple fibre, coconut, cotton, canvas, hemp.
There are quite a few articles on the research she has put into every aspect of her business to make it sustainable and zero impact on the environment.
The toxic plastic shoes in places like shoe zone are a big nono for your feet or the environment.
There are plenty of online vegan shoe companies with prices comparable to leather shoes in high street shops, if you don't want to fork out big money.
I have several pairs from Wills of London which didn't break the bank and are hard wearing. Doc Martens have a vegan range and others are following suit.
Theres no place for cruelty or toxicity in footwear where there are sustainable alternatives

You seem to know everything, tell me is it true that there are, for food labeling reasons, tiny particles of the late Linda Macartney in every Linda Macartney brand ready meal?

You seem to know everything, tell me is it true that there are, for food labeling reasons, tiny particles of the late Linda Macartney in every Linda Macartney brand ready meal?
I really couldn't say. I don't eat GMO Soya.

47273_morrisseyshoe.jpg

View attachment 48767

Then appeared on Central:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-morrissey-shoe

"… designed and distilled by boundary-pushing STELLA McCARTNEY at her edge-of-lake distillery where the ordinary becomes extraordinary.
These shoes are made without the skin, pelt, tongue, face or hide of any animals, thus entirely terror-free and cruelty-free shoes.

Available to you, should you wish. Price 16 shillings (or thereabouts.)"

Regards
FWD.

Related item:

That gold chain ruins them. Else they'd've been pretty cool.

41FB529100000578-4660524-An_eye_for_high_design_Stella_McCartney_s_metallic_Elyse_shoe_wh-m-17_1499068483766.jpg

These elegant clown brogues of McCartload’s would be far more appropriate for the vertically challenged Morrissey. Sure to induce a shoe gaze daze from this narcissist whilst onstage.

That's great. Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
I reckon for you lots foreigners a million miles away from Moz Angeles rambling about why The California Son is not promoting Vans or Flojos, it's because he has an exclusive contract with Converse and if you walk down any street in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills, all the dudes wear shoes like this with Levis, but I reckon this model is wearing Levis Denizen jeans from Target mate inn n nn nnnn nnn nnn nn camden dint't n nnn n it.

How oddly specific. They could have just said 'no animals at all', but they didn't. Leaves the way open for other animal parts.
Yeah, that must be it. Might be a penis there somewhere.
Oh, and Peppermint beat you by 10 mins. Are you slipping, son?

Nice! It seems she is good as a researcher... Maybe she simply needs to hire a designer... Or, at least, remove that golden chain from the shoes!
If not, Sandie Shaw had invented the solution decades and decades ago!

The fact that Morrissey finds those shoes aesthetically pleasing is way more troubling to me than half of the dumb interview stuff he came out with last year.

Yes, I remember being quite perturbed when they launched Linda McCartney Sausages not long after she died.

I just assumed this was some thread about something like: "omg, I found one of Moz's shoes!" :crazy:
but no, this is neat, I mean I loathe what it looks like, but still, cool :guitar:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom