The Dears

Athos82781

Anyone listened to this band? They've been around for a while. I particularly enjoy their album "No Cities Left."
I was not into Morrissey when I first heard them, nor are they the reason that I now am; however I have recently learned that their singer is generally referenced as the "Black Morrissey," a reference which he does not identify with in interviews.
I enjoy this band, and amcurious to hear what other people think.

-Mike:guitar:

Anyone listened to this band? They've been around for a while. I particularly enjoy their album "No Cities Left."
I was not into Morrissey when I first heard them, nor are they the reason that I now am; however I have recently learned that their singer is generally referenced as the "Black Morrissey," a reference which he does not identify with in interviews.
I enjoy this band, and amcurious to hear what other people think.

-Mike:guitar:

I've heard that too, but do not agree. I love this band, especially their new
CD, Missles, it's their best (i think)

Here's an older video, it's funny because at the beginning he says something like 'i already hate this f***ing video' or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are really good in my opinion. Apparently it's just Murray and the Missus in the band now. "Band of Losers" is a top album too. Excellent live.

Heartless Romantic

dont pay attention to the stupid words on the screen, have no idea what it means

[youtube]i9P3m_2JrGU&feature=related[/youtube]

Love, love love, The Dears. Fantastic band. I haven't heard their new one though (didn't even know they'd released it to be honest). I'll need to check it out.

Never Destroy Us us and The Ballad of Humankindess are my faves from them.

Their new one is sad, many of the songs dealing with depression & other
struggles. But it's excellent, love it

Their new one is sad, many of the songs dealing with depression & other
struggles. But it's excellent, love it

Sounds great :)

The last time I saw them here I passed by Murray and Natalia(?) standing outside the venue before the gig with their new baby getting some air :sweet:

I remember when they came onto the scene, wasn't it around the time Arcade Fire first broke out, too? Enjoyed both first albums, then I didn't follow (either of) them after that...

they've got a new LP out? Oh. Puts on list of things to do

Saw them in Bristol two years ago. Enjoyable gig, excellent voice. From an aesthetic point of view really liked the two girls in the band as well. am I allowed to say that? Oh I just have

Here's an acoutstic version of on of Lights Out, I like the other version better but this is the only video of it....

Last edited by a moderator:
i love when he screams "I need some cocaaaine!!!"

its almost impossible to hear the lyrics to that song unless you look em up.

Ya, they probably did it on purpose, because that's how things sound
when your really f***ed-up on cocaaaine.

someone needs to upload "Missiles" - I have been sitting, waiting patiently for news of a new dears album, and found out early today one had come out in October...flew right under my radar.

All I have right now is Gang of Losers, so if anyone wants to up some of the older stuff, I'll take that too!

Great, great band. Saw them live twice, fantastic.

nevermind, i switched off of Lazy Mode and found em. If anyone wants em...

It's either a magical coincidence, or murray has been influenced by Moz. Not that I'm knocking him, but it's impossible to deny. "To the back of the head, to the back of the head."

I do remember them posting a couple years ago how they were treated like shit when they opened for Moz - his management apparently told them not to attempt to talk to him, and if they saw him in the hall backstage, to look away from him.

Back
Top Bottom