The all things 80s Thread

Ari Myers was the daughter on "Kate and Allie" who I faniced. I never knew she was half Porto Rican/Jewish. She was very cute, peite. Her character was quite intoverted so that's probably why I liked her. And the simple fact she's a brunette and I like brunettes!

View attachment 16697
she had a great nose, you can't argue with that
now for some 80s movies:
Karate-Kid-Part-II.jpg

already posted the 1st one, but I like the 2nd one even more, for my own reasons

my father and I saw a lot of films in the 80s, some I remember well:
SW_-_Empire_Strikes_Back.jpg

what can I say, get emotional just looking at the poster here

Blade_Runner_poster.jpg

dad took me to a drive in to see this one, little he did know that it would become my fave film of all time
weird it happened so young...

Raging_Bull_poster.jpg

took me years to really appreciate this film, but my father gets credit for renting it on VHS back when he and I were having our "troubles"
now I understand

Terminator1984movieposter.jpg

blew us both away, we saw it a bunch of times and the best part?
left another movie to go watch it that first time

Aliens_poster.jpg

little background, my dad got in trouble for taking me to see the 1st one, so for sure we were going to see this when it came out
and my god, once again, Cameron blew us away
lastly, one my father had nothing to do with but, sort of, set the tone of much of what I would watch after seeing it:
Akira_movie_poster.jpg

Last edited:
The daughter of "Kate And Allie" was another teenage crush of mine. I had many crushes on TV actresses. Thanks for the information about Willie Justin. I never knew that happened to him. It is good to see that he's getting his life back. Fame and fortune has it's down side. Willie was in "Eight Is Enough" too if I remember correctly. I didn't have any crushes on the cast of "Eight Is Enough".

You're welcome for the information about Willie, Librarian. Apparently he's a cruise director for Oceania Cruise Lines. I just "googled" him. You're right he was a cast member of "Eight is Enough." He played Tommy Bradford. I used to watch the re-runs often. I had a crush on Nancy Bradford, portrayed by actress Diane Kay.

Diane Kay.jpg

Diane Kay

I liked Ari Myers a lot too. Plus I think Jane Curtin is a fantastic actress. Everyone knows what a terrific comedic actress she is and in this series she illustrates that once again. However, also in this series she displays what a fine dramatic actress she can be as well.

Bang on the half way mark of the 80's Suzanne Vega released her debut album. I was just starting to take music seriously and it was time to ditch the Twisted Sister and Judas Preist albums that I had been listening too. I just couldn't do heavy metal. Vega was a songwriter of the highest class. I can remember every lyric to every song on that album. Vega is tiny and she has a cute nose! Sometime last year I caught Vega hosting a radio show on classical music. It was good to hear that she is still around and how music has been her life. Is she still touring and performing in the States?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bang on the half way mark of the 80's Suzanne Vega released her debut album. I was just starting to take music seriously and it was time to ditch the Twisted Sister and Judas Preist albums that I had been listening too. I just couldn't do heavy metal. Vega was a songwriter of the highest class. I can remember every lyric to every song on that album. Vega is tiny and she has a cute nose! Sometime last year I caught Vega hosting a radio show on classical music. It was good to hear that she is still around and how music has been her life. Is she still touring and performing in the States?

Blood Sings still makes it onto my mixtapes now and then. Erm, excuse me, mix CDs! It consistently impresses first time listeners.

Blood Sings still makes it onto my mixtapes now and then. Erm, excuse me, mix CDs! It consistently impresses first time listeners.
yeah, I did not get into Suzanne Vega til
Pongnan21-1-.jpg

but I've adored her ever since, including that first album because it has "The Queen & the Soldier" on it :guitar:

"Exposed to Love" by Expose' (1985)

"Silent, whispers, in the falling rain"

Ale' Lorenzo.jpg

lead vocals- Ale' Lorenzo

-Ale' is not pictured on the album cover in the YouTube video above. She left Expose' in 1986, one year before this album was recorded. Although "Exposed To Love" was recorded two years earlier it was placed on the "Exposure" album. It's the only song on the album that features Ale' Lorenzo's vocals.

"Exposed to Love" by Expose' (1985)

"Silent, whispers, in the falling rain"

View attachment 16772

lead vocals- Ale' Lorenzo

-Ale' is not pictured on the album cover in the YouTube video above. She left Expose' in 1986, one year before this album was recorded. Although "Exposed To Love" was recorded two years earlier it was placed on the "Exposure" album. It's the only song on the album that features Ale' Lorenzo's vocals.

its alrite, but a better song for slow dancing:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWfpPgeAP4[/video]
Seasons Change
-I still remember dancing with Penny at the prom to this song :blushing:

its alrite, but a better song for slow dancing:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWfpPgeAP4[/video]
Seasons Change
-I still remember dancing with Penny at the prom to this song :blushing:

Thats a good one too! Good pick.

-Here's an early 80's classic!

"It's A Mistake" by Men At Work (1982)

I remember buying the album it was on
Men_at_Work_-_Cargo.jpg

:eek: and the one before that :o

Good observation. I didn't put "two & two" together to realize that this song was on "Cargo." Lol, so the person who posted this video put the wrong album cover on the video for "It's A Mistake." Genius! I bet they did it on purpose. If they didn't its even funnier.

I never bought either of the two hit albums. I loved hearing all of the singles on the radio. Especially "Down Under" and "Overkill."

"Mercedes Boy" by Pebbles (1987)

Pebbles_Album.jpg

"Cry for the night bird, tonight"

"Nightbird" by Stevie Nicks (1983)

I never even heard of this song until Stoned posted it on the "What are You Listening to Now" thread about twenty minutes ago. I pressed play on that video and it rudely stated "this video doesn't play in your country." So then I looked it up on YouTube. Damn! The music is dynamite! And sorry to sound sexist, but the woman in the video is smoking hot. Wow!

"Domino Dancing" by The Pet Shop Boys (September, 1988)

"Brothers In Arms" by Dire Straits (May, 1985)

-This Dire Straits song plays all the way through the final six minutes & twenty seconds of this classic 1985 "Miami Vice" episode. This was the third episode of the spectacular second season of "Miami Vice." It's entitled, "Out Where the Buses Don't Run." It originally aired on October 18th, 1985 and is widely considered to be one of the best episodes of the entire series.

-Two still shots from "Out Where the Buses Don't Run."

Miami Vice 2.jpg

Tubbs & Crockett.jpg

"Under Your Spell" by The Smashing Pumpkins (1988)

-This is the best picture of Billy I've ever seen. On a rooftop, in his beloved Chicago.

"Kathleen" by Roachford (1988)

"My mind starts to float down memory lane"

Back
Top Bottom