Suggestions Wanted For a Smiths/Morrissey Compilation CD

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
While listening to the radio at work today, they finally play "How Soon Is Now". One of my co-workers remarked that she liked the song, and I of course took the opportunity to mention that this is the guy I'm always talking about. I let her listen to a few more tunes on my PC and she's into him. She wants me to make a compilation CD. So, ladies and gents, what songs would you include for a newbie? I'm thinking the most accessible one, i.e. the singles but what would you include?

P.S. I feel like an evangelical Morrissey fan preaching his name to all the unwashed masses...

How soon is Now
Jack the Ripper
Rubber Ring
Shoplifters of the World Unite
There is A Light
Hand in Glove
Seasick Yet Still Docked
The More You Ignore Me
First of the Gang to Die
In the Future When All`s Well
Come Back To Camden
I`ll never Be Anybody`s Hero
The Last of the Famous.....
Ouja Board Ouja Board
You Have Killed Me
Every Day is Like Sunday
I have Forgiven Jesus

All my faves and all rip roaring......:D

This Charming Man
Still Ill
How Soon is Now?
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Rubber Ring
Bigmouth Strikes Again
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Panic
Half a Person
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Suedehead
Hairdresser on Fire
Everyday is Like Sunday
The Last of the Famous International Playboys
Jack the Ripper
Alma Matters
Trouble Loves Me
First of the Gang to Die

P.S. I feel like an evangelical Morrissey fan preaching his name to all the unwashed masses...

haha I ALWAYS feel like that. most people I know have not heard of them until I tell them about him.

I would definitely include most of the major Smiths singles that can be found on the "Singles" compilation. Try to narrow it down to about half of those and then make the rest of the CD Morrissey solo songs.

I would try to include 1-2 of your favorite songs from each of Morrissey's solo releases. Definitely include "Suedehead," "November Spawned a Monster," "Seasick, Yet Still Docked," "Everyday is Like Sunday," "Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself," "The More You Ignore Me," "First of the Gang to Die," and "You Have Killed Me." I would also include "Life is a Pigsty" if you can fit it in because it is a masterpiece!

But the choices are ultimately up to you, my dear!

Back
Top Bottom