Spike T. Smith YT: "Tomorrow" @ House Of Blues - December 20, 1999 (December 20, 2023)

YT:
Screenshot_20231220-233144~2.png

FB:
Screenshot_20231220-233029~2.png

Spike seldom comments on his Morrissey days - this was nice to see.
FWD.

for us all, was it youth? or something else?

I’m just grateful we had those experiences. Wonder what the young have these days. I expect they have someone or something, no? Though I can’t imagine that whatever it is can really be the same. Then again, how could it? And, why should it?
It cant be the same again, which makes me a little bit sad. Maybe because we were all younger and didnt have modern day worries. People always slag off nostalgia but its good every now and then, the past shouldn't be locked away because the 70s 80s and some of the 90s were a truly golden era in music which i feel lucky to have lived through. And i love going back to it.

What a band! In tune and skilled. And M awesome, and he's still awesome nowadays. Sorry for his current band out of tune

What a band! In tune and skilled. And M awesome, and he's still awesome nowadays. Sorry for his current band out of tune

Yeah! What a band! Moz always had great backing bands with great guitarist!

I wonder why that is no longer the case?
It is such a shame his current band is so bland, mediocre sounding and looking...
especially now since Moz's voice has never sounded better!

for us all, was it youth? or something else?

I’m just grateful we had those experiences. Wonder what the young have these days. I expect they have someone or something, no? Though I can’t imagine that whatever it is can really be the same. Then again, how could it? And, why should it?
they have their own music same way we had ours,nostalgia makes everything better,in thirt years time the young of today will be saying the same things and then it continues generation after generation.
ours seemed that little bit more important than the beeps and whistles of music today.

It cant be the same again, which makes me a little bit sad. Maybe because we were all younger and didnt have modern day worries. People always slag off nostalgia but its good every now and then, the past shouldn't be locked away because the 70s 80s and some of the 90s were a truly golden era in music which i feel lucky to have lived through. And i love going back to it.
i collect 70s toys,was looking at my snake belt earlier,brings back so many memories.
jonathan ross has an amazing collection.

Last edited:
Wow! Never seen him in his Elvis suit. That was great. I miss the days when he moved about whipping his mike lead and doing all his moves. But, we all get old.
Well, to be fair, he is still whipping his mic cable a lot! I am sad, that he doesn't do some of his old moves anymore, but yeah again, we all get old some day and I think he is doing his best move wise. But bring on the nostalgia because some people didn't have the chance to experience the golden days of his career.

Well, to be fair, he is still whipping his mic cable a lot! I am sad, that he doesn't do some of his old moves anymore, but yeah again, we all get old some day and I think he is doing his best move wise. But bring on the nostalgia because some people didn't have the chance to experience the golden days of his career.

You shouldn't mention the N word (Nostalgia)!

Those were the days. I saw Madison/Chicago Theater/Chicago Metro shows just two months after this. Fantastic set lists. I took this photo of Morrissey coming on stage with Alian's guitar and "Morrissey" on the drums rearranged to "Semisorry".
Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 9.29.06 AM.png

they have their own music same way we had ours,nostalgia makes everything better,in thirt years time the young of today will be saying the same things and then it continues generation after generation.
ours seemed that little bit more important than the beeps and whistles of music today.

(y)

maybe so, maybe so.

i collect 70s toys,was looking at my snake belt earlier,brings back so many memories.
jonathan ross has an amazing collection.
I was watching him the other day and he was in his toy collection room Gordy, its massive and just full of great stuff.
I had a Space 1999 Eagle when i was a kid and Thunderbird 2 one with the bit that came out of the middle. Was looking at them on Ebay and the Eagle was going for 150 quid or thereabouts.

Spectacular love that song, Alain's guitar at the end... Beautiful that version !! Geniooo bring back Alain
Moz!!!! Vestido totalmente en cuerina porque el cuero nooo buenooo no!!MOZUCHISS GENIO TOTAL !!!

Those were the days. I saw Madison/Chicago Theater/Chicago Metro shows just two months after this. Fantastic set lists. I took this photo of Morrissey coming on stage with Alian's guitar and "Morrissey" on the drums rearranged to "Semisorry".
View attachment 99197
It was the time when Moz's face transformed, his long face became square and here Moz was in that beautiful transition, always my beautiful Mozulisss

I was watching him the other day and he was in his toy collection room Gordy, its massive and just full of great stuff.
I had a Space 1999 Eagle when i was a kid and Thunderbird 2 one with the bit that came out of the middle. Was looking at them on Ebay and the Eagle was going for 150 quid or thereabouts.
yeah been looking for an eagle one for a while,ebay is so over inflated price wise these days,toy fairs are the way to go,so much cheaper.

It's too bad the recording cuts off Spike, Alain and Morrissey's introductions. Spike is from a Welsh village with one of the most absurdly lengthy names ever, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Which means in English: "Saint Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio of the red cave."

And Morrissey's quip - "I am the fuzz and this is a raid" - became the title of the original bootleg of the show.

Very cool. Just a question- why does solo mention this but there was absolutely no mention of the Alain shows featuring the lads, Gustavo, and an ex-smiths member?!?

Very cool. Just a question- why does solo mention this but there was absolutely no mention of the Alain shows featuring the lads, Gustavo, and an ex-smiths member?!?
The gigs were announced August 21, 2023.
They were on the front page of this site the same day.
The thread featuring said has been added to continually.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom