Songs on the next leg of the tour?/

Springheeledjim84

..they say 'ee's mental..
If you had to choose one song for Morrissey to add to the setlist on the next leg, what would it be??

Id go for Late Night, Maudlin Street.

Cue lots of crying from me in the front row.....

JIM

I'd die if he played What She Said

Everyday is like Sunday :)

There was a version of this song in the intro before the show this summer, not sure who was singing, but sounded like the pretenders. I love that song :o

southpaw

If I had to pick one particular song then probably Boxers but personally I'd just like him to stop choosing almost deliberately "audience-unfriendly" set lists. I'm sick of him choosing to play unreleased b-sides etc. I know people on here will hate me for saying it but when he has such fantastic songs to choose from I almost always walk away disappointed with at least half of the songs he chooses to play. The fact that he still chooses sets like that for festival appearances is even more ridiculous.

moz does seem to choose sets that are unusual these days, and it seems to be deliberate... this is one reason why why love him, he's eccentric and refuses to pander to the masses. having said this i do wish he would play some of his "better/more popular" songs live. for example, "song from under the florrboards" on the last tour went down like a lead balloon, imho it's rubbish, i know it isnt a moz song originally).

but personally I'd just like him to stop choosing almost deliberately "audience-unfriendly" set lists. I'm sick of him choosing to play unreleased b-sides etc.

I agree, I think its time for 'the hits'. Its frustrating that he barely plays anything off of 'Your Arsenal' or 'Vauxhall & I' anymore. at the last shows I've been to, "Munich Air....." and "My Life Is A Succession...." went down like a fart in a space suit.

Anyway.....

Disappointed
You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Billy Budd
Playboys
NF Disco

I'd love it if he was to play speedway again, especially if it's like it was performed in the "introducing morrissey" dvd, that was amazing. Love the live version.
I'd quite like to see him play Bigmouth or Picadilly Palare or Angel, Angel though.
Just not the same old set list he's done for this tour.

i have to say, the set from the recent tour was the worst i've seen him do! tho the last gig the london palladium was rather special!

Back
Top Bottom