Smiths Fans, Hacienda 1988

D

Damian Morgan

http://bravemusic.blogspot.com/

My memories of the Hacienda are a little hazy to say the least, I think I've chosen NOT to remember those nights just to save my sanity!
They were a time of ecstatic (!) joy, excitement and often misery. That time of transition from teenager to twenty-something; acne, beer, dancing, snogging, lust, obsession, insecurity and trauma! Oh, and some great music...

My friend Jane recently unearthed some photos of me and our friends from those times. These images bring back some good memories, and some regrets. Obviuosly taken whilst drunk, of drunken people (how else could they NOT blink with a flash that bright?) they show the Hacienda as I remember it. That bright flash sure obscures the postules too.

We were all Smiths/Morrissey fans, and quiffs were cool (this is just before Madchester and rave music kicked took over).

Happy, sad, amazing times

http://bravemusic.blogspot.com/

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
My ex is on your photo
she (the EVIL andrea) is facing, with black hair & eyes closed, I assume it was temperance club on a thursday

> I think I knew her!

she was from heaton moor....or norris,
we played out at the venue, corbieres, monday at the ritz, & de-villes

not that evil really just that she dumped me when she discovered "E" & pretending to be a scally

Those clubs were my playground too. I used to work at Corbieres, and at Identity in Afflecks Palace

> Those clubs were my playground too. I used to work at Corbieres, and at
> Identity in Afflecks Palace

HHHMMMMMMMMMMM! looking closer at your 80's photo......do you know or knew a girl from Sweden that went to the venue called Anna or a german called Silke?

Thos names don't really ring any bells...but then there were lots of girls about weren't there?!

Damian,

You old nostalgic you......are you by any chance still in touch with Anton and Elliott? Last time I spoke to Elliott was about 8 years ago. He was In LA, just got married I think.

Lee

Temperence Club

They were good nights, back in 87/88. As said here already, the Madchester/Scally thing ended all that. I used to go every Thursday night, after drinking around the corner in The Pev. Corbierres was another regular haunt, but you never went there on a Hacienda night. It had to be the Pev, as laid down in the Magna Carta, I think!

You often see faces around of the regulars, some have aged better than others! God knows whether I have?

I remmemeber it was 7.00 Top of the Pops, 7.30 Bus into Town, few pints in the Pev, then off to the Hac. In those 2 or so hours, Moz was on telly in a denim shirt, then everyone had them on that night on the dancefloor. We didn't need no bloody internet!!!!

Hi Lee
not heard from Elliot or Anton for many many years...I saw Anton djing
about 12 years ago at Home Club but we didn't speak. I know Leo Stanley
has been in touch with him.
How are you...weren't you about to become a Daddy when we were last in
touch? Drop me an email; I just sent you one on your address here but it bounced back
All best
Damian

Back
Top Bottom