Remainder of US tour cancelled due to Morrissey's respiratory infection

This is very fishy indeed but no need to be that mean against him whatever the real reason is :tears: I only wish him well.

Re: Tour cancelled

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

On TTY

If this is somehow the end of his touring career, I am glad to of went out on an incredibly high note last year in Columbus.That show still ranks as one of the top 3 shows I've ever seen, from the Grateful Dead to The Cure.

Be well Morrissey, mental illness is a horrible thing to endure.

Agreed. Columbus was fantastic. I was stunned at what transpired within a day of that show.

I'm not discounting the viral infection. My daughter just visited a 21 year old friend who is in the hospital because what started as a respiratory infection ended up affecting his heart. I'm quite sure ailing physical health and it's consequences can affect one's mental health, but accounts of the Boston show back up that he was physically sick.

Whatever is going on, I wish Morrissey all the best. After all these years he's still admirably original and true to himself.

This is very fishy indeed but no need to be that mean against him whatever the real reason is :tears: I only wish him well.

Well said!

People are so cruel now-a-days

I know he is notorious for cancelling shows and has inconvenienced a lot of people, but the man is obviously not well either mentally or physically.

Only he knows what he is going through, so please try not to insult the person whom you only yesterday were adoring.

My partner just had a second viral heart infection in the last five year.

I've had that and it messed me up for two years. It's an appalling condition but it made me realise you've never been really ill until you are too sick to go to the doctor.

You would think .. that being a Vegetarian / Vegan would help one live a more healthier / happier life.. but it looks like Morrissey is a prime example of how someone can seriously lack the vital nurtients needed to combat such Illnesses, Viruses, and Plagues, by simply avoiding meat.

It's the same principal as a woman Breast Feeding .. you want your baby to have all the essential nutrients to ensure a fortified immune system that can withstand nasty viruses and plagues.. that cannot be found in any baby formula or supplements...

Same goes for eating meat! There are vital nurtients within the meat proteins that are vital to sustaining the body and sustaining the immune system.. There are thoses vital nurtirents that you cannot just find in vegtables alone !

I understand the whole "Meat is Murder/animal cruelty" bit.. but there are plenty of of ways to eat meat without being inhumane about it. Eat Kosher Meat ! Kill and Sacrifice your own animal and do your own ritual to release your guilt about eating animals, or to satisfy your own political agenda.

But, Seriously, when it is to the point when you are in Serious health conditions due to you eating habbits.. it is time for a change. I have a lot of friends who were once vegetarian/vegan and who still do occassionally eat meat, just to build immunity to such diseases.

Poor Morrissey needs to put his stubborness aside and deal with the truth and the fact .. that he needs to get better for the Long Run ! For the sake of his Friends, Fans & Family !

I don't know what I would do in a World Without Morrissey !

Yours Sincerely and Respectfully,
Gino
Aka DJ FeLL

(P.S. - I do triage at a nurse center .. so i kinda know a bit about these things..)

He knew how important this tour and album are, so he likely knows it's over. I doubt he's sitting in first class on his way back to LA laughing. First Kristeen now this. I wonder if we will find out the truth as there's more to this story than a respiratory illness.

And both he and Moz are Vegetarians right? Geez boys, get some meat into you for god's sake!

It's simply a coincidence. Vegan / vegetarian diet does not affect immune system.

Earth truly is the loneliest planet of all. I look forward to the new album, and that hopefully Chicago will play host to Moz at some point in the near future. All is forgiven, Morrissey, though there's not much here to forgive. I wish you the best of health and a speedy recovery.

To all those Chicagoans and travelers marooned, any alternate plans for Friday night? I'll probably end up at Berlin for lack of anywhere better to go.

- - - Updated - - -

(P.S. - I do triage at a nurse center .. so i kinda know a bit about these things..)

How does being a nurse in a triage center qualify you as a nutritionist? Dare I even ask...?

Poor Julia

Indeed what will she do now to pass the time of day ? Didn't even get to post the "statement" shame on you Julia ! The kind Brits have a wonderful dream ! Make the dream real. When will you ?

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House

On TTY

Ok, we waited by the buses after the show. At 1130 an ambulance parked outside the venue but we didn't think anything of it.

1 BOSTON Opera House

On TTY

Hmmm....Kristeen said she only had allergies. Plus if she was really ill, why would you ask her to step down off a tour? That's really bizarre. Unless someone has a condition that would not be able to fend off an illness so quickly....

...But seriously, I think this is damage control on Mozzer's part for her not playing along with everyone's fake illnesses...Unless she likes to lie about things all the time....

...And when you posted this, Anon, this story had not been up on true to you yet....Hi Julia.

It's f***ing getting tiring the "need of animal protein intake" theory ... YAAAWWWN We've heard enough of your shitty theory:sick:

McCartney is unwell since May this year, he was forced to cancel all Japan and some US dates.

Get well soon Morrissey and Paul.
All of us are patiently waiting for your full recovery and look forward to catch your live shows near future.
Paul has POSTPONED the dates, http://radio.com/2014/06/09/paul-mccartney-postpones-june-u-s-tour/

I don't get it, Johnny is 50 and breaks his hand and still tours......Morrissey is 5 years older and he can't even finish a tour. Morrissey gets sick WAY too much. He's 55!!?!?!

If he was simply open that he cancelled due to depression at least people might respect him a lot more.

1 BOSTON Opera House

On TTY

Wow. Tony Visconti, Baby Jef and Arturo were talking smack about Moz over THAT? What pathetic little men they are.

A couple of people have mentioned on here that the real cause of cancellation is mental illness. Where has this information been garnered from?
I'm not being dismissive by the way. Depression and anxiety is terrible. I can relate.
I'm just curious as to what's going on, it seems that a conspiracy is forming.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom