Quick question from long time Morrissey fan

Hi all! New member, but I've frequented this website on occasion for several years, but just registered. A friend of mine recently sent me a live version of "Please, please, please, let me get what I want" and it brought back a ton of memories, I started remembering the time when Morrissey went ballistic on a bouncer that was being overly aggressive with a fan during the song "I know it's over". I had a HUGE Morrissey and Smith collection, a number of obscure tracks and live albums, "bootlegs" (which I purchased) when I was 14 or something. Five or six years ago, I parked my car in a valet and they were stolen, I did not realize this until I was already home and was too stupid and naive to call the restaurant and complain or inquire. I any event, making an already long story shorter, I was wondering if any of you knew of a place, record store, etc., where I can find some obscure live performances. Thanks in advance!

, I was wondering if any of you knew of a place, record store, etc., where I can find some obscure live performances. Thanks in advance!
and have a luck in the download section-download directory....many many site with audio and video downloads

This brings back memories. My first boyfriend became an avid collector of bootlegs. He wouldn't even listen to them, he thought they were gold, better than albums. We'd scour record shops in Los Angeles for hours upon BORING hours looking for different bootlegs. It would've been more fun if we actually heard some of them, but he was in collecting mode.

Could anyone help me in finding out just how exactly to download from the smiths/moz bootleg site? I have Utorrent but cannot seem to find a link to download? I really would like to get some real rarities! Thanks

Could anyone help me in finding out just how exactly to download from the smiths/moz bootleg site? I have Utorrent but cannot seem to find a link to download? I really would like to get some real rarities! Thanks

If you go to downloads / bootlegs forum you find download bootleg site directory thread on top.

You find some links of how to download smithstorrents.co.uk etc.

Hi all! New member, but I've frequented this website on occasion for several years, but just registered. A friend of mine recently sent me a live version of "Please, please, please, let me get what I want" and it brought back a ton of memories, I started remembering the time when Morrissey went ballistic on a bouncer that was being overly aggressive with a fan during the song "I know it's over". I had a HUGE Morrissey and Smith collection, a number of obscure tracks and live albums, "bootlegs" (which I purchased) when I was 14 or something. Five or six years ago, I parked my car in a valet and they were stolen, I did not realize this until I was already home and was too stupid and naive to call the restaurant and complain or inquire. I any event, making an already long story shorter, I was wondering if any of you knew of a place, record store, etc., where I can find some obscure live performances. Thanks in advance!

I can empathize with you. Losing the physical rarities must be a real downer. However, until you can chase them down on ebay or other music stores, I say just try to find digital versions online. You can try bittorrent, or on this site. Already I downloaded a ton of rarities in the short time I've been here.

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions, I've found a couple of really great sites that have contributed to my "cause" :) I have to say, I was extremely apprehensive posting on this site, because you just never know what type of response you'll get, but all of you were very informative, kind and sympathetic. God speed to you all.

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions, I've found a couple of really great sites that have contributed to my "cause" :) I have to say, I was extremely apprehensive posting on this site, because you just never know what type of response you'll get, but all of you were very informative, kind and sympathetic. God speed to you all.

:guitar:

Pretty sure it's Moz, which makes it even more interesting :D
passions
When he returned to the stage for the first encore after the band-only instrumental "Money Changes Everything", seeing how the security manhandled some fans, Morrissey exclaimed "Oh, God!" while Johnny added "Neanderthals, f***ing idiots, these guys!". Then one third into following song "I Know It's Over", Morrissey interrupted his singing to shout to a bouncer: "Jesus Christ! Don't be so stupid! Leave him alone, you stupid idiot! Leave him!" He then resumed the song as if nothing had happened. A completely stunning moment. http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/smiths-g860828.htm

it is often refered of being the best smiths bootleg soundwise...i have it too and it sounds great

I know that this is all subjective, but what do you guys feel was Morrissey's best recorded live performance?
radio recordings are at least soundwise very good

passions
When he returned to the stage for the first encore after the band-only instrumental "Money Changes Everything", seeing how the security manhandled some fans, Morrissey exclaimed "Oh, God!" while Johnny added "Neanderthals, f***ing idiots, these guys!". Then one third into following song "I Know It's Over", Morrissey interrupted his singing to shout to a bouncer: "Jesus Christ! Don't be so stupid! Leave him alone, you stupid idiot! Leave him!" He then resumed the song as if nothing had happened. A completely stunning moment. http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/smiths-g860828.htm

it is often refered of being the best smiths bootleg soundwise...i have it too and it sounds great

I know that this is all subjective, but what do you guys feel was Morrissey's best recorded live performance?
radio recordings are at least soundwise very good

Amongst hardcore fans, during that time "Thank Your Lucky Stars" was absolutely widely regarded as the best Smiths bootleg. This was pre-internet era of course.

Back
Top Bottom