Public Image

I LOVE this song. I was honestly shocked when I saw it was at the very bottom of Johan's polls from a while ago, and that actually a few people voted for it as the worst Morrissey song! :eek: Why on earth isn't it popular? It gets no attention at all, well, except from us three. ;)

Count me in.....A most wonderful song.:)

I ADORE that song!! It seems so personal, of course I have no idea if it is or not...

And yes, a female lover implied... *swoons*

So I'm in!

It had to be said. Well done for doing so!

You will all have noticed the song is not written from an asexual, androgynous or homosexual view. The past tense is also interesting but we better be careful what we say.
Maybe that's why people don't mention it that often. If only it had been 'he's instead of 'she', can you imagine the hype and fuss it would create in the press? ;) With all the fuss they made about Dear God, I couldn't help but think they would have had more reason to get excited about The Public Image...

Or maybe not...because they probably don't listen to Morrissey's B-sides anyway...

Count me in ;).

'Tis a good song. Nothing amazing, but good.

Bit of a long one to be honest, when you consider it's just the same thing all the way through. However, it does get better as it goes on I suppose. Not one of Boz's better tracks - although Slum Mums is worse...

Bit of a long one to be honest, when you consider it's just the same thing all the way through. However, it does get better as it goes on I suppose. Not one of Boz's better tracks - although Slum Mums is worse...

Agreed.

The big about being in a field or something in Slum Mums is pretty good, but the rest is poor.

Edit: The middle eight, I think I mean.

Playing Easy To Get should have replaced Slum Mums on the IHFJ single, definitely.

It's a beautiful song and a great idea to post the lyrics! When you sit there and read them they are amnazing words even without the melody.

Playing Easy To Get should have replaced Slum Mums on the IHFJ single, definitely.

Definitely. I'm Playing Easy to Get is great. With Jesus, Candle, Easy to Get, and Public Image on there it would have been as phenomenal as the Irish Blood single.

'Tis a great song. Wonderful lyrics, beautiful music(especially the mandolin) and stunningly delivered by Morrissey. A corker and no mistake, imho.

This is a little off topic, but Public Image Ltd is a fantastic band. They're "Best Of" is essential, if you don't have it, buy it!!!

Back
Top Bottom