Post YOUR Collection Thread

Here's my small CD (+ 1 Cass & VHS) collection:

CDs.jpg

I will post my 7" and 12" collection when I am feeling less lazy (I don't have a ton of Smiths vinyl either, but it's a bit of a task to set all that shit up for a photograph regardless), along with new arrivals I'm still waiting to receive.

PS: Sorry the picture's kind of crummy... My room is too dark and my hands are too shaky to get away with not using the flash.

Also, I have them in chronological pressing order, not by original release date.

That said, I am going by what Discogs is telling me, and my Peel Sessions CD is from '94, regardless of what Discogs says... so I guess it should technically be in between This Charming Man and Ask...

D'oh! I only just now saw that I apparently took a photo of (most of) my collection and had it in PhotoBucket already, though there have been some additions since + some I already had which are missing in these photos:

smiths_1.jpg

smiths_2.jpg

Yes, I know the Sandie Shaw single isn't "technically" a Smiths record, but I figure, since they were all involved in some way, it should be grouped in with my other Smiths stuff.
Same goes for the [rather disappointing] NME Readers' Poll Winners '84 7", which I am including because it has a Smiths cut.

Hopefully, once all the latest acquisitions arrive, I can get it all together in one big photo and masturbate over it.

And the beat-up MIM longbox on my wall (no, I didn't put a tack through it!):

enviro_1.jpg

I don't currently own enough Morrissey to make it worth the trouble of shooting and sharing, if only because collecting Smiths stuff is a higher priority for me.

PS: The majority of the pins sitting in that CD-r spindle cap feature The Smiths and Morrissey. :D

Last edited:
As I promissed: my wee collection.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/img0571qx.jpg/
Left to right:
- CD The Smiths - debut album (Brazil)
- CD Hatful of hollow (Brazil, signed by Andy Rourke)
- CD Meat is murder (France - first edition)
- CD The Queen is dead ( Brazil)
- CD Louder than bombs (Brazil, also signed by Andy)
- CD Strangeways, here we come (Brazil)
- LP Strangeways, here we come (Brazil)
- CD The Sound of The Smiths (Brazil - double)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/img0572v.jpg/
Left to right:
- LP Viva Hate (Brazil)
- CD Tomorrow (US)
- CD Vauxhall & I (Brazil)
- CD World of Morrissey (Brazil)
- CD Viva Hate (100 edition, Brazil)
- CD You are the quarry (Brazil)
- CD You are the quarra (Brazil special edition)
- CD Redondo Beach (Canada)
- CD You have killed me (US)
- CD Ringleader of the tormentors (Brazil)
- CD The Youngest was the most loved (US)
- CD Greatest hits (Brazil)
- CD Southpaw grammar (remaster, Argentina)
- CD Years of refusal (Brazil)
- CD The HMV/Parlophone singles '88 - ' 95
- CD Everyday is like sunday (remaster, UK)
- CD Bona drag (remaster, UK)
- CD Glamorous glue (UK)
- LP Glamorous glu (pic disc, UK)
- CD Very best of (CD/DVD, UK)

ooh disapointment i saw DPM had posted in your collection and was expecting a special photo or two.

I wonder how many Smiths / Morrissey rarities this guy has???? Amazing stuff! - http://fueltank.tv/#1749187/The-Archive

This bloke has been mentioned on here before - hasn't he been trying to sell his collection for years - but no one is willing to give him the $millions he has spent on them?

He valued it at $50million, but a $3million ebay bid proved to be a fraud http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/feb/26/news

I often wonder what my daughter will do with my records in a few years time when I depart this mortal coil... does she realise its worth at least £58?

Dave

Hi Dave,

At the moment my daughter would quite happily have a chew of my collection, although she will have to be quick, my wife will have it all on ebay whilst my body was still warm :p

The problem has to be what you gonna do with it once you've bought it. If you had the money to buy it you'd need a spare wing at home to house it.
This bloke has been mentioned on here before - hasn't he been trying to sell his collection for years - but no one is willing to give him the $millions he has spent on them?

He valued it at $50million, but a $3million ebay bid proved to be a fraud http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/feb/26/news

I often wonder what my daughter will do with my records in a few years time when I depart this mortal coil... does she realise its worth at least £58?

Dave

ooh disapointment i saw DPM had posted in your collection and was expecting a special photo or two.

Yeah I know.. I wish I had something to post here. It's been a while since a purchase - I missed out on the HIG promo poster recently - was going to do a big wall of HIG! I still haven't had the negatives framed yet. Can't make my mind up how to display them!

Finally got a family portrait of my complete Smiths collection so far:
collection_dec2011.jpg

May do a photo of my tiny Moz collection once I can afford the shit I put on hold at the record store...

The two darker copies of Panic are both clear blue red-label vinyl pressings. Hoping I can trade one for a blue label eventually.

The "Shoplifters..." 7" behind the clear blue German Line Recs copy is a UK pressing. The "Heaven Knows..." 7" and CD are UK pressings as well. The Headmaster Ritual 12" is a Netherlands pressing on Megadisc. I believe all the remaining 12" singles are orig. UK pressings, though I am not 100% certain about the WDDIM? 12" just yet.

Most of the CD's are early US/N. American pressings, save for a few UK singles + the German STAB "mini-CD" and, I think, the Peel Sessions CD.

The MIM longbox belongs with the CD pictured, which was apparently an '87 pressing.

The S/T cassette is an unlicensed copy. The MIM and Rank ones are US dubs.

Last edited:
everydayslikesunday said:
At the moment my daughter would quite happily have a chew of my collection, although she will have to be quick, my wife will have it all on ebay whilst my body was still warm

I am a suicidal 20-something who lives with his mother (what a cliché!).

I've always figured my mom would never go into or clear out my bedroom until she eventually unloads all my possessions at good will 10 years after my death if I ever made the decision to off myself or just happen to die prematurely.

To prevent that happening with my music collection, I've decided to make it clear that I want my collection to be given to my close[est] friends. They live together and we like a lot of the same music, including The Smiths (one of them does, anyway).

I'd probably will them my music/recording gear as well since they are in bands together and do a lot of music stuff.

That's actually most of my bedroom once you take out the dirty laundry. :|

Last edited:
This is my collection of Smiths promo CDs in card or paper sleeve.
With the exception of the recent Complete 8 x CD-R, are there any others that I am missing?

ohhh that's right. That's what you asked :)
Yeah, they're both jewel cases. The Sound of the Smiths 2xCD has no front cover. Only this red print in the back.
And the other one looks like a hardcover book.

This is my pitifully-small Moz CD collection:

morriCDs.jpg

-Maladjusted, US Mercurey Rec release
-WOM, US Sire/Reprise release
-Vauxhall And I, US Sire/Reprise release
-Kill Uncle, US Sire/Reprise release, CRC edition

The only other Morrissey I have is the Last Of The Famous International Playboys 12" [ http://www.discogs.com/Morrissey-The-Last-Of-The-Famous-International-Playboys/release/389766 ]... Hopefully, if my application to MCDONALD'S is accepted (no kidding, that's the only kind of place I can find employment :( ), I will have a little more $$$$ to spend on Mozzy-poop...

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom