Poll threads

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Is it possible to move all of the
'Rate your Smiths / Morrissey song part 35'
'Best Smiths / Morrissey 100 songs part 27'
out of the general discussion and into a seperate forum? Otherwise in a few weeks time the whole discussion board will be covered in these threads.
Thanks

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Is it possible to move all of the
'Rate your Smiths / Morrissey song part 35'
'Best Smiths / Morrissey 100 songs part 27'
out of the general discussion and into a seperate forum? Otherwise in a few weeks time the whole discussion board will be covered in these threads.
Thanks

Jukebox Jury

I think you should have done a poll about it tbh? ;)

love

Grim
P.s. I'm a 'don't know'

Thanks Vicarinatutugal
Yes it is good that they are genuine threads, just personally I haven't bothered with them and there are more added each day!
Like the Morrissey Frink Thread (what the hell is Frink?), I haven't bothered with that and it is always there! It keeps bouncing back to the top!! :D

Jukebox Jury

Thanks Vicarinatutugal
Yes it is good that they are genuine threads, just personally I haven't bothered with them and there are more added each day!
Like the Morrissey Frink Thread (what the hell is Frink?), I haven't bothered with that and it is always there! It keeps bouncing back to the top!! :D

Jukebox Jury

We had a quick chat about it and what we aim to do is "sticky" the thread for the day, that way the one thread should be at the top daily rather than wading through umpteen, however as people will keep replying these threads when they want to talk about a song other threads will jump up.

Frink? ha ha well... to quote "Frink was invented by a Libertines fan. It’s a combination of the words “frisky” and “kinky”. A Frink thread contains endless pictures of a certain person. Its purpose is to celebrate and enjoy good looks, as opposed to “Appreciation” threads which praise personality and talent. It can be saucy but never gets too explicit."
As you might have noticed its the most viewed thread :D

Thanks - yes sticking it at the top sounds good. But as you say, we are free to reply to any post at any time!

At least the 'board of directors' are listening to the man on the street. And probably the women too :D

Jukebox Jury

We had a quick chat about it and what we aim to do is "sticky" the thread for the day, that way the one thread should be at the top daily rather than wading through umpteen, however as people will keep replying these threads when they want to talk about a song other threads will jump up.

Frink? ha ha well... to quote "Frink was invented by a Libertines fan. It’s a combination of the words “frisky” and “kinky”. A Frink thread contains endless pictures of a certain person. Its purpose is to celebrate and enjoy good looks, as opposed to “Appreciation” threads which praise personality and talent. It can be saucy but never gets too explicit."
As you might have noticed its the most viewed thread :D

The Morrissey Frink Thread could maybe do to be frozen and 'the Morrissey Frink Thread #2' started, Karin. I can't be the only one who can no longer view the thread (due to its sheer size) without my browser either crashing or refusing to load it. Same goes for the 'Post Whatever You're Thinking....' thread in Off-Topic.:(

The Morrissey Frink Thread could maybe do to be frozen and 'the Morrissey Frink Thread #2' started, Karin. I can't be the only one who can no longer view the thread (due to its sheer size) without my browser either crashing or refusing to load it. Same goes for the 'Post Whatever You're Thinking....' thread in Off-Topic.:(

Yes, You mentioned that. I am not so sure what to do about that. I mean you don't want to miss the Frink thread :eek: and of course the "whatever" thread is where mostly where we talk in OT... I wonder if maybe we could do a poll and see how many people are effected. I spoke to the shbf as I dont have a problem viewing either and he waffled on about Browsers and picture/gif sizes. :rolleyes:

Yes, You mentioned that. I am not so sure what to do about that. I mean you don't want to miss the Frink thread :eek: and of course the "whatever" thread is where mostly where we talk in OT... I wonder if maybe we could do a poll and see how many people are effected. I spoke to the shbf as I dont have a problem viewing either and he waffled on about Browsers and picture/gif sizes. :rolleyes:

Would shbf like to waffle more specifically? If it is just me, I need to know how to fix it!:confused:

Try this and see how this helps :)

When you have firefox open pres ctrl+shift+del this should open your clear private data box.

Make sure everything is ticked in here but bear in mind you will need to log back into all the sites etc you usually just enter.

Once you have ticked everything just click on clear private data and see how that goes. Firefox allows a set memory for data on teh page and this can be reduced if you have cookies saved etc.

Also check you have th eupto date Firefox i just downloaded the firefox 2

Last edited:
Try this and see how this helps :)

When you have firefox open pres ctrl+shift+del this should open your clear private data box.

Make sure everything is ticked in here but bear in mind you will need to log back into all the sites etc you usually just enter.

Once you have ticked everything just click on clear private data and see how that goes. Firefox allows a set memory for data on teh page and this can be reduced if you have cookies saved etc.

Okay.... I did that. Now I'm getting....... a clean white page with not even the error message!:D

I think I should put in a disclaimer at this point, that I do not wish to access the Frink Thread for fangurly reasons like some people I could mention, but only in order that I might bring a bit of sanity to the thread and take the piss a bit. Just so we're clear. I have the Other!Frink thread and the Boz Lovers lj comm, should I feel the need to squee.

Oh, unless it's photos from that Whistle Test session. With the tie and the evol!face and all that. *ahem*:o

:lol:

HAve you tried downloading the new firefox? Just done it myself and its good.

If you are still having trouble with this clear all you internet history stuff as well as firefox and opera.

Also check the setting under tools and make sure sure everything is kept to a minimun.

How long you had the comp could just be old now :p

SHBF

p.s. you need to get the smilies sorted out cause th :lol: should have been a laughing face

Last edited:
:lol:

HAve you tried downloading the new firefox? Just done it myself and its good.

If you are still having trouble with this clear all you internet history stuff as well as firefox and opera.

Also check the setting under tools and make sure sure everything is kept to a minimun.

How long you had the comp could just be old now :p

SHBF

It's a new 'puter with the latest Firefox...... but I just shut down the browser and restarted it..... and the thread loaded fine. Clearing that stuff worked. Thank you!:)

xxx

Back
Top Bottom