Peter Hogg

He was mentioned in Scandals and Passions by David Brett as Mozzers lover many times around 92/93. Not saying its true but thats what was in the book....

cossy

Again I lay awake
and I cried because of waste
- I'd love to
but only with you
only with you
Time is gonna wipe us out
There, I've said it loud
and clear, so that you will hear
there's no one in view
just you, just you
and time is gonna will never wipe you out
Now I've had enough, I've had
more than could be my rightful
share of nights I can't bear
how could can it be fair?
Time could never wipe you please wipe them out
So Again I lay awake in a trance
I just want my chance
but only with you.
only with you
That's all
that's all

But it does sort of make sense. Why do we have to assume that Morrissey is some sort of sexual martyr who can't enjoy the pleasure of intimately sharing the company of another person? It's not fair. He is human and humans need other humans to be tender with. Why are we even talking about this?

Okay. Granted he has claimed to be celibate and a prophet for the fourth sex and whatnot, but I'd do the same thing in his position. I'd claim anything for my right to privacy. But at the end of the day, it is sort of nice to have someone to confide in, someone to hold and hold you. Morrissey knows this. And if ANYONE thinks for a second after watching his stage performances that that man is a celibate, then I have a bridge to sell you over a very long river in Egypt. You know the one.

Well, that's not something he would be likely to reveal in an interview and he has said that he finds lying useful. So help him.. er.. Trevor..

this picture is on the morrissey shot book, by linder sterling. :)

The story is old but it goes on. The rumours about Morrissey's sexuality, that is.

I am inclined to believe he is mostly celibate because surely someone or other would have spoken to the UK press about it before now if he was not (there are at least 10s of thousands of pounds in it, possibly a six figure sum with the right 'evidence'). Add to that the way Morrissey (supposedly) treats people badly after he's done with them, and you have even more of an expectation that, if Morrissey was a gay sex maniac in his private life, we would have heard about it by now. And not just in unfounded allegations in David Brett's book.

"gay sex maniac?"

Hyperbole. No reason to call me up on that comment. Replace it with 'practicing homosexual' if you find the turn of phrase objectionable.

I just think that Morrissey has the intelligence to make intimate acquaintance with people who are discreet. Peter Hogg may have been odd, but I'm sure he wouldn't exploit Morrissey, or else Morrissey wouldn't have found him attractive in the first place. I'm just throwing out theories here, I know nothing.

I am inclined to believe he is mostly celibate because surely someone or other would have spoken to the UK press about it before now if he was not (there are at least 10s of thousands of pounds in it, possibly a six figure sum with the right 'evidence'). Add to that the way Morrissey (supposedly) treats people badly after he's done with them, .

Good point especially considering the number of time Moz has become tabloid fodder. Perhaps there are no skeletons in the cupboard

I tend to agree that Moz really does not have much to hide in terms of his sex life. I think it is also true that he expresses or uses a lot of his sex energy on stage, but to assume that he is walking around that sexual all the time seems silly to me.

And I find it a bit depressing and embarrassing that nobody believes that he can go years and years and years without having sex... whereas I find it quite normal and easy to relate to :/

Without being strange, or special, or f***ed up, or even celibate - for some of us sexual encounters and relationships only happen to occur under - I dunno - it must be astrological conditions - placement of the moon or something. Or when very sensitive people with just the right finesse and comfort and enigma and energy and smooth seamless movement and charm coming off them that they can actually get past... but whatever it is - it doesn't happen often - at all. And that's how I think it is for Moz.

Furthermore it is impossible to force relations for some people and that is just the way it is and there is nothing to be done about it.

Now I have no idea how I would know so much about that state :confused::rolleyes::confused: but it seems I do. And I suppose if your energy goes into your creativity - you really don't starve for that kind of contact to the point where you can actually abandon this few and far between condition.

I am not really sure if you even could abandon it if you tried... about that I wouldn't really know much. Some stuff has to just happen on its own.

My observation is that the "few and far between" people tend to be viciously private about the few things that actually do happen to or for them in the world of relations and esp sex... because it is so rare that it happens; perhaps it tends to be regarded as extraordinary or sacred that somebody actually had the awareness and capability to touch and open them (us) up.

And it would be disrespectful and not beautiful to talk about that in detail etc etc... because in a way it is a space beyond mind a thing words are not supposed to explain or touch.

gee i hope i don't sound toooooooooo nuts here. I am nuts but gosh I don't want to run around blurting out completely incomprehensible nonsense.

Last edited:
Okay. Granted he has claimed to be celibate and a prophet for the fourth sex and whatnot, but I'd do the same thing in his position. I'd claim anything for my right to privacy. But at the end of the day, it is sort of nice to have someone to confide in, someone to hold and hold you. Morrissey knows this. And if ANYONE thinks for a second after watching his stage performances that that man is a celibate, then I have a bridge to sell you over a very long river in Egypt. You know the one.

I tend to agree that Moz really does not have much to hide in terms of his sex life. I think it is also true that he expresses or uses a lot of his sex energy on stage, but to assume that he is walking around that sexual all the time seems silly to me.

And I find it a bit depressing and embarrassing that nobody believes that he can go years and years and years without having sex... whereas I find it quite normal and easy to relate to :/

Without being strange, or special, or f***ed up, or even celibate - for some of us sexual encounters and relationships only happen to occur under - I dunno - it must be astrological conditions - placement of the moon or something. Or when very sensitive people with just the right finesse and comfort coming off them that they can actually get past... but whatever it is - it doesn't happen often - at all. And that's how I think it is for Moz.

Furthermore it is impossible to force relations for some people and that is just the way it is and there is nothing to be done about it.

Now I have no idea how I would know so much about that state but it seems I do. And I suppose if you energy goes into your creativity - you really don't starve for that kind of contact to the point where you can actually abandon this few and far between condition.

I am not really sure if you even could abandon it if you tried... about that I wouldn't really know much. Some stuff has to just happen on its own.

I'm totally confused now 'cause I agree with both of you. :confused: And I even feel ashamed I'm so interested in his private life. He obviously doesn't want anyone to know about it, so I guess we shouldn't make suppositions. But I do it myself too... :o The temptation is too strong...

I'm totally confused now 'cause I agree with both of you. :confused: And I even feel ashamed I'm so interested in his private life. He obviously doesn't want anyone to know about it, so I guess we shouldn't make suppositions. But I do it myself too... :o The temptation is too strong...

Oh I agree that it is rude to assume things about Morrissey's sexlife and totally irresponsible of me to write that as if it were about him.

Actually I just projected my own life onto Moz - sorry Moz!!!! And I apologize for it. But I assume that is what everybody is doing - nobody knows - and its more fun that way so I fully admit I totally just told you about my own condition - I projected onto Morrissey which is not fair and I apologize for it... it was about me.

:) ahhhh that feels better.

I just think that Morrissey has the intelligence to make intimate acquaintance with people who are discreet. Peter Hogg may have been odd, but I'm sure he wouldn't exploit Morrissey, or else Morrissey wouldn't have found him attractive in the first place. I'm just throwing out theories here, I know nothing.

Except people are on record saying that Hogg was a nasty piece of work and a backstabber.

And one of the people who said that has left Morrissey's employ and has never seen fit to betray Morrissey by slagging him off to anyone. Spencer's behaviour has been the very model of discretion. So if he says Hogg was a shit, I believe him, and I therefore believe if Hogg had anything interesting to tell us, he would have done by now.

Oh I agree that it is rude to assume things about Morrissey's sexlife and totally irresponsible of me to write that as if it were about him.

Actually I just projected my own life onto Moz - sorry Moz!!!! And I apologize for it. But I assume that is what everybody is doing - nobody knows - and its more fun that way so I fully admit I totally just told you about my own condition - I projected onto Morrissey which is not fair and I apologize for it... it was about me.

:) ahhhh that feels better.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you or blame you for anything. I'm not saying that it's rude to make suppositions because I make suppositions myself (I personally still want to convince myself that I could stand a chance with him, which is silly and ridiculous, I know), I just don't know if it makes sense. And it feels a bit like reading other people's correspondence, you know that you shouldn't do it, you just can't resist.

Well, it is possible, certainly. If so, he has been a very, very good judge of character. Especially considering, as I said, that it seems Morrissey does have this habit of treating people badly (by conventional standards) when he doesn't want to be friends with them anymore.

On the balance of probabilities, considering the value in the 'Morrissey is gay' (even, in fact 'Morrissey is straight') story in the UK (where he is still, if not a household name, a national figure - just look at the across-the-board newspaper, radio and tv coverage of this latest scandal) I just find it improbable that there is a succession of lovers out there with a story to tell.

Back
Top Bottom