Paint A Vulgar Picture

It gets more love than I do, having said that so do Black Lace and Russ Abbott.

I love that track! My heart melted when I first heard it live, it was my first Moz show in 97 at the Greek October 12.

In my opinion, that song is simply a masterpiece.

Not only the music, also the contents. It is just a fantastic feeling when you listen to it for the 63rd time and discover something new in it.

Maybe that's the reason why I only listen to The Smiths and Morrissey since my age of 16 - until the day I leave this planet. I just can't get bored, as he already knew 20 or God knows how many years ago what's going on with me in my life.

it's one of my favourites. i love it.

"what makes most people feel happy leads us headlong into harm"- hits the nail on the head again.

"So, in my bedroom in those 'ugly new houses'
I danced my legs down to the knees
But me and my 'true love'
Will never meet again ..."

I think it contains some fantastic lyrics.

Paint a Vulgar Picture is one of my favourite Smiths tracks. Morrissey's lyrics capture fandom so well. I especially love the line "but they can never taint you in my eyes." :)

Re: hmmmm

I liked it before this years Greatest Hits and Sound of the Smiths, now it makes me cringe a little when I hear it.

Still a great song mind.

Re: hmmmm

I liked it before this years Greatest Hits and Sound of the Smiths, now it makes me cringe a little when I hear it.

Still a great song mind.

Yeah, these opinions.
Though I think I was already cringing in the '90s, possibly. John Safran really brought it home to me, he's an Australian media type person who made fun of the song on one of his TV shows.

Back
Top Bottom