Outstanding concert poster

S

Steve Croce

This has to be one of the most beautiful concert posters I have ever seen.

Have you seen better?

Untitled-1.jpg

Looking for this one:

125196390_amazoncom-morrissey-poster-vivo-en-mexico-the-smiths-.jpg

I found this one:

morrissey.gif

I'd hang them both on the wall, although I think the one with the double bass was used for a tour where he didn't even have a double bass so the artist who designed it wasn't doing his research very well. Still a gorgeous poster.

Last edited:
I have this one. I think it captures Morrissey perfectly.....rain, walking home alone, seeing the couple together (I want the one I can't have?), Big Ben in background....
F892.jpg

I have this one. I think it captures Morrissey perfectly.....rain, walking home alone, seeing the couple together (I want the one I can't have?), Big Ben in background....
View attachment 16165

It certainly highlights the USP / Brit - Lite cliches which Morrissey often trades upon. He hasn't lived in "rain-soaked" London for decades. He lives in La-La Land or in centres of European Privilege. The are so many other offensive posters on this thread, including one that reiterates the bogus appropriation of Oscar Wilde: for my sanity I will never click on this toxic waste container ever again. Unless, of course, some smart arse leaves some ridiculous rejoinder which it amuses me to eviscerate.

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo

It certainly highlights the USP / Brit - Lite cliches which Morrissey often trades upon. He hasn't lived in "rain-soaked" London for decades. He lives in La-La Land or in centres of European Privilege. The are so many other offensive posters on this thread, including one that reiterates the bogus appropriation of Oscar Wilde: for my sanity I will never click on this toxic waste container ever again. Unless, of course, some smart arse leaves some ridiculous rejoinder which it amuses me to eviscerate.

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo

Don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out.

A lot of the time these posters are made by fans who bought tickets for a Moz show that didn't include a tour/show poster.

9625039100_6a09e0c690_z.jpg

I bought this one for two reasons, it's stunning graphic design (I'm a sucker for the rosewood family font) and the novelty that it's a show that never took place. I haven't had it framed yet because it's an awkward size and needs a mat and frame specially cut for it, so it sits rolled up in a closet.

I managed to get the cinema promo poster for '25' , well chuffed, has this pic been used before........

What a terrific thread. I enjoy all of these posters. I vow to make a poster one day.
DSC00140.jpg

This one is a silkscreen from a great craftsperson at Strawberry Luna, in Pennsylvania.
DSC00137.jpg

I should have gotten a custom made frame for this. I love this one; courtesy of the good people of Tiny Little Horse, in Ireland.

Attachments

• DSC00140.jpg
    DSC00140.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00137.jpg
    DSC00137.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
What a terrific thread. I enjoy all of these posters. I vow to make a poster one day.
View attachment 16176
This one is a silkscreen from a great craftsperson at Strawberry Luna, in Pennsylvania.
View attachment 16177
I should have gotten a custom made frame for this. I love this one; courtesy of the good people of Tiny Little Horse, in Ireland.

I read that Morrissey said he really liked that top poster. He either said it to the designer or to someone at the venue who passed it on the to the designer...anyway, made the designer's day. I love the second poster too. Couldn't make sense of the kid Morrissey sucking his thumb exactly, but the quiff pics on the wall are pretty amazing. And the illustration style is pretty fresh.

I read that Morrissey said he really liked that top poster. He either said it to the designer or to someone at the venue who passed it on the to the designer...anyway, made the designer's day. I love the second poster too. Couldn't make sense of the kid Morrissey sucking his thumb exactly, but the quiff pics on the wall are pretty amazing. And the illustration style is pretty fresh.

There was a picture that revealed itself recently of a young Moz at a relatives house with his cousins in the backyard wearing suspenders. The artist added the Doc Martins to go with the working class image. Those framed photos of quiffs are just plain silly, I get such a kick out of them.

You must get yours framed because it is so awesome.

Back
Top Bottom