Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Face it, honey bunny, Gregor trounced you! :hammer:

You seem to have lost your vigor, honey bunny! Are you still tired from having to listen to other people celebrating st paddy's day?! šŸ˜ž

One more thing. Youā€™ve been too comfortable for too long. About 12 years ago I took myself out of my comfort zone and slowly but surely began arriving at conclusions that I never would have expected. Youā€™ve never arrived at uncomfortable conclusions because youā€™ve never forced yourself to be uncomfortable. As a result of this, even A.I. terrifies you.
Yes. Everyone who disagrees with you is a (comfortable) idiot. Iā€™ve already established this.

Face it, honey bunny, Gregor trounced you! :hammer:

If this is true, back it up with evidence. Show us exactly where I was trounced; the damning statements which there was no coming back from. You donā€™t get to write one sentence and have it be taken as fact. If youā€™re only willing to contribute one petty sentence you should go and find something else to do instead of wasting everyoneā€™s time, such as practicing interview answers into the mirror. Since, like I told you a few days ago: walking into the interview room and telling your potential employers ā€œIā€™m interested in defining realityā€ is not likely to get you the job.

If this is true, back it up with evidence. Show us exactly where I was trounced; the damning statements which there was no coming back from. You donā€™t get to write one sentence and have it be taken as fact. If youā€™re only willing to contribute one petty sentence you should go and find something else to do instead of wasting everyoneā€™s time, such as practicing interview answers into the mirror. Since, like I told you a few days ago: walking into the interview room and telling your potential employers ā€œIā€™m interested in defining realityā€ is not likely to get you the job.
Yeah, defo lost yer vigor. You used to be fun. Now yer just a mopey, bitter sad sack!

Wow Samsa, the person who believes 30,000 Palestinians deserved to die because ā€œtheyā€™re uglyā€ thinks you made some good points, you must really be onto something! Sheā€™s the pettiest person on this forum and sheā€™s willing to side with people she doesnā€™t particularly care for if theyā€™re arguing with someone who sheā€™s annoyed with at that particular moment. Completely unprincipled, she was never the most thoughtful person but after her comments about Israel/Palestine not one word from her is worth anything, so letā€™s just establish that right out of the gate.

Contrary to what she claimed, no good points were made in the above post. Itā€™s difficult for me to find the energy to reply to it because, forgive me, Iā€™m already bored, so Iā€™m going to try to make this as brief as possible. I donā€™t think anything particularly insightful was said which requires an extended explanation, it was just ā€˜the usualā€™ post from you when youā€™re writing to me.

This is not true. Tell us how you ā€œknowā€ it. I think it was something The Truth said years ago and you settled on it as an established fact. No ā€œstalkingā€ goes on and I donā€™t ā€œmonitorā€ anyoneā€™s ā€œevery moveā€. As for keeping tabs on what people say dating back many years, thereā€™s this marvellous thing called the human brain which has the power to recall facts, you donā€™t even have to input files, it stores all the information itself whether you want it to or not. Being in possession of a brain that recalls things people say is creepy :fearscream:. Along with that, thereā€™s also the siteā€™s search function which I believe you only learned the existence of recently. With that, I donā€™t even need to have a precise memory of which thread a post was made in or on what date; having only a vague recollection of something that was said is sufficient! So theyā€™re my secret powers: human brain and search function. I ā€˜knowā€™ you can be a bit slow on the uptake so hopefully that has cleared things up for you.

Iā€™ve said before I stopped making an effort with my posts after I read the excremental poetry of Baz and TheSmiths_1985. That lowered my standards, perhaps I should thank them. Prior to that I was from the BrummieBoy school of ā€˜if youā€™re going to write something, at the very least make it worth readingā€™. Now I tend not to concern myself with ā€˜effortā€™!

Call it a hunch. Maybe you write Romantic era style poetry, that seems like something ā€˜creativeā€™ you might like to try to do, and I shiver thinking about what that might be like.

Iā€™ve read your posts and know what youā€™re about, you made it clear before that you didnā€™t read my posts, so no itā€™s not the exact same thing. Itā€™s the difference between not saying anything outlandish when you criticise someone because youā€™re basing your criticisms on what theyā€™ve actually said (and had the audacity to remember it), and saying things like ā€œyou stalk several users and monitor their every moveā€ because you donā€™t have a clear picture of who youā€™re talking about and instead resort to generalisations and hearsay. When you later find out your generalisations were wrong you say ā€œhey, this person isnā€™t so bad after all!ā€, but it was never that person who was fault, it was you making claims about their character when you had very little information to go on. Iā€™m basing this on things I have seen you say. You donā€™t have the best instincts, if you donā€™t mind my saying. This post has gone on for longer than Iā€™d hoped it would; can I go now??
Well, she normally sides with you. Maybe she wanted to try something new. I say let her.

It saddens me that you canā€™t see the ā€˜insightā€™. This time I actually bothered with my reply. I wanted to be able to reach you, so that we could end this once and for all. But I guess you donā€™t want that.

I have no idea what ā€˜The Truthā€™ said. But Iā€™ve experienced it myself. Nobody behaves like you do. You come across as a stalker, someone who monitors other users. Maybe you should consider to not behave the way you do? You donā€™t see others digging out old posts and writing these long winded multi paragraph replies, teeming with contempt and authentic hatred, to people they are having arguments with.

Again, nobody seems to take this site and its arguments as seriously as you do. I think you should cool off. Baz and 85 obviously didnā€™t write bad enough poetry.

Well, I didnā€™t think we were supposed to base our attacks on hunches?

ā€œIā€™ve read your posts and know what youā€™re aboutā€. No, you donā€™t. You canā€™t write stuff like that. Morrissey-Solo is not the real world, Born. You are arguing with mere versions of people here. Donā€™t you see that? And yes, generalizations are bad. And sometimes I make the same mistakes I scold you for: I mistake Solo for the real world and I lash out at someone based on silly arguments and think that Iā€™m addressing the real person behind the username. My anger towards you has been based on your behavior on this forum: you come across as a deeply resentful person, full of spite, anger and contempt, plus the stalker-like behavior Iā€™ve already mentioned. You are unsettling. And if itā€™s really not a persona, I must assume that you are ill and if that is the case I wish the very best for you. And I mean that.

Why do you bother? Why canā€™t you just shrug these things off? Donā€™t get so worked up over it. Itā€™s just banter.

I feel as though several Pulitzer Prize winning novels could be penned solely from the dialogue in this thread. And thatā€™s just with me scrolling through briefly.

Maybe you should consider to not behave the way you do?

Take your own advice, Samsa. You've criticized a poster as

someone who monitors other users ... teeming with contempt

but you are guilty of this yourself. You annoy the hell out of me with your self-appointed position as the decency police and your angry, ad hominem scoldings. Just the other day:

Youā€™re so worked up over what Rifke said (in a completely different and unrelated thread) that you felt you had to vomit your endless annoyance at poor LH, who has nothing to do with that discussion. A pathetic display of lunacy.

I don't mind if you want to insert yourself into a discussion I'm having with someone else, provided you have something to offer. But all you have is your schoolmistress sanctimony. First of all, "poor LH" did not need your defense. She had already rated my post "interesting," and even if she had found it vomitous, she knows how to use the vomit emoji. Second, my comment was not "lunacy." It was just a brief remark on Light Housework's artist issue, with a sarcastic dig at Nick Cave. The real lunatic was you, who objected all out of proportion. You had two reasonable options: you could've explained how Nick Cave isn't in your opinion a religious dork, or you could've not gotten involved. But you got involved, and all you did was lash out at me, "chomping down pit bull style."

Somehow I managed to calm you into having a temperate discussion about AI, but that couldn't last, and it ended with you calling me "a (middle-aged) rebel teenager who categorically only likes artists when theyā€™re young and aggressive no matter what." Which proves Born to Harangue's point: you make assessments of people without knowing anything about them. I've said several times on this forum that my favorite Beatles era is the middle period, and I've probably said I think the late periods of the Pixies and XTC are equal to or better than their early material. I don't expect you to know any of that, and there's no point in thinking of other examples because I had already told you I liked Nick Cave in the 80s and 90s, which is a 20-yr span, and since (presumably) you like Nick Cave, you must know that a lot of the 90s material is balladry and not aggressive. So what was your point? You didn't have one, except that your feelings were hurt because someone committed the cardinal sin of insulting Nick Cave, the punishment for which is being called a "teenager" over and over by you. You know what, maybe Jesus does exist, and you are the instrument of his wrath. You should really order one of Noa Tishby's "HOLY AS F*CK" t-shirts for yourself.

Take your own advice, Samsa. You've criticized a poster as

but you are guilty of this yourself. You annoy the hell out of me with your self-appointed position as the decency police and your angry, ad hominem scoldings. Just the other day:

I don't mind if you want to insert yourself into a discussion I'm having with someone else, provided you have something to offer. But all you have is your schoolmistress sanctimony. First of all, "poor LH" did not need your defense. She had already rated my post "interesting," and even if she had found it vomitous, she knows how to use the vomit emoji. Second, my comment was not "lunacy." It was just a brief remark on Light Housework's artist issue, with a sarcastic dig at Nick Cave. The real lunatic was you, who objected all out of proportion. You had two reasonable options: you could've explained how Nick Cave isn't in your opinion a religious dork, or you could've not gotten involved. But you got involved, and all you did was lash out at me, "chomping down pit bull style."

Somehow I managed to calm you into having a temperate discussion about AI, but that couldn't last, and it ended with you calling me "a (middle-aged) rebel teenager who categorically only likes artists when theyā€™re young and aggressive no matter what." Which proves Born to Harangue's point: you make assessments of people without knowing anything about them. I've said several times on this forum that my favorite Beatles era is the middle period, and I've probably said I think the late periods of the Pixies and XTC are equal to or better than their early material. I don't expect you to know any of that, and there's no point in thinking of other examples because I had already told you I liked Nick Cave in the 80s and 90s, which is a 20-yr span, and since (presumably) you like Nick Cave, you must know that a lot of the 90s material is balladry and not aggressive. So what was your point? You didn't have one, except that your feelings were hurt because someone committed the cardinal sin of insulting Nick Cave, the punishment for which is being called a "teenager" over and over by you. You know what, maybe Jesus does exist, and you are the instrument of his wrath. You should really order one of Noa Tishby's "HOLY AS F*CK" t-shirts for yourself.
I donā€™t monitor anyone. And you were annoyed at Rifke, but started shouting to (not at) LH regarding something she had nothing to do with. It was weird!

If I reacted out of proportion and somehow hurt you, I am sorry. When you took the discussion over to the Argument thread, I felt we really hit home. That was the end of our arguments, I felt. I thought we were finished. So donā€™t rake up my mistakes, I know exactly what they are. Like I said to Born: ā€œAnd sometimes I make the same mistakes I scold you for: I mistake Solo for the real world and I lash out at someone based on silly arguments and think that Iā€™m addressing the real person behind the username.ā€ I know you are deeply fond of him, but donā€™t let that love blind you. I am not the sole bad guy here. He came at me yesterday as is usually how it goes (since I myself want nothing to do with him at all and if I donā€™t have another exchange with him again in my life itā€™ll be way too soon) when I was having a friendly conversation with Malarkey, calling me slow. I however took the bait (which of course proves him right).

Last edited:
This is all I could muster. ā¬†ļø There are limits to how many inane arguments one can have with a certain group of strangers online (or at least there should be), and Iā€™ve had my fill. Surely you have as well.

Hey "anon", use your registered account if you want to 'contribute'.
Congratulations, you lasted 4 days.
FWD.

I donā€™t monitor anyone. And you were annoyed at Rifke, but started shouting to (not at) LH regarding something she had nothing to do with. It was weird!

Just to put this one to bed, I was not "shouting" to anybody. Shouting on the internet is either lots of exclamation points or all caps; my post had neither. There was really nothing "weird" about that post, especially given that it was made on a 350-page drivel thread which, if you read through it, features some genuine weirdness on a level you might not be comfortable with. I mean, on the previous page, Light Housework posted about a butt wipe. That's nothing against Light Housework, and I'd rather not drag her into this, but context is necessary. I like her and I like her feral thread, and I like the fact that she's sanguine about whatever anyone wants to contribute there, whether poetry or dream analysis or random thoughts no matter how deranged. I consider my diss of Nick Cave to be relatively tame, and I know Light Housework reads my Jesus thread, so I figured she would get the reference. If she thought it was weird, she could've used the "wowe" reaction. So please just consider that people might have their own rapport you're not aware of before charging in to defend someone who hasn't even signaled distress.

If I reacted out of proportion and somehow hurt you, I am sorry. When you took the discussion over to the Argument thread, I felt we really hit home. That was the end of our arguments, I felt. I thought we were finished. So donā€™t rake up my mistakes, I know exactly what they are.

That is fine. I will be content with a permanent dƩtente. You didn't hurt me, you simply annoyed me. I don't take interactions with strangers on the internet too personally, though at the same time I'm probably never going to be entirely copacetic with someone who thinks "the sole purpose of everything (I) do on this site is an attempt to come across as edgy and contrarian." But by all means, peace.

Just to put this one to bed, I was not "shouting" to anybody. Shouting on the internet is either lots of exclamation points or all caps; my post had neither. There was really nothing "weird" about that post, especially given that it was made on a 350-page drivel thread which, if you read through it, features some genuine weirdness on a level you might not be comfortable with. I mean, on the previous page, Light Housework posted about a butt wipe. That's nothing against Light Housework, and I'd rather not drag her into this, but context is necessary. I like her and I like her feral thread, and I like the fact that she's sanguine about whatever anyone wants to contribute there, whether poetry or dream analysis or random thoughts no matter how deranged. I consider my diss of Nick Cave to be relatively tame, and I know Light Housework reads my Jesus thread, so I figured she would get the reference. If she thought it was weird, she could've used the "wowe" reaction. So please just consider that people might have their own rapport you're not aware of before charging in to defend someone who hasn't even signaled distress.

That is fine. I will be content with a permanent dƩtente. You didn't hurt me, you simply annoyed me. I don't take interactions with strangers on the internet too personally, though at the same time I'm probably never going to be entirely copacetic with someone who thinks "the sole purpose of everything (I) do on this site is an attempt to come across as edgy and contrarian." But by all means, peace.
Fair enough!

Iā€™m glad you donā€™t, and Iā€™m glad you werenā€™t hurt. This thing between you and me spiraled way out of control and itā€™s largely (solely) my fault for being a testy prick to you. Itā€™s way too easy to let little things trigger you and make you act as if youā€™re a funny little c***, when in reality the funny part is left at the station. So Iā€™m sorry.

Onwards and upwards!

Back
Top Bottom