New Morrissey Demos

Re: just like the old days

> I had most of Your Arsenal and all of V&I on casette long
> before either were released. That was all accomplished w/o
> the internet. The internet just allows things to reach more
> people and it gets there a few days sooner.

true that. there would be no way in hell i would have seen or heard any of this otherwise coz i don't know anyone in the know.

> I doubt his item is true. But on the off chance it is, I guess
> your brother doesn't value his friendship with Alain very much.
> Your brother certainly won't have any kind of relationship with
> him if they are posted on the net.

> If the tracks do exist, and Alain trusted your brother by giving
> him a copy, and then your brother (via you) goes out and posts
> them on the web, what does that say about his character?

> This is really wrong if its true. The next album needs to be a
> huge success in order to maintain any hope of further releases.
> Piracy of any new songs should be stopped at all costs.

to be crabby, I would like to say it would be a success if he would bother finding a label to release it with. He's had offers he's refused for one reason or the other. I know he has his issues with them over this or that, but on the economics scale, having a shot at making money with something that isn't perfect has a much greater chance of succeding than holding out for the absolute perfect deal, that 4 years on, hasn't come...and all the while the material becoming cold and out of date. It happens a lot with movies that sit on the shelf 2 years before release. They're not quite so topical and usually slide to the wayside. It would be like trying to release a Gin Blossom's album in this current climate of music. it just won't do anything. and even though the music on moz's album may be awesome, you also know that 95% of what dictates what goes on the radio is the sound. And no label is going to shell out loads of money for things they can't get on the radio. they don't pay money for respectability anymore. they simply look at the bottom line and how it matches their stockholder's profit margin.

but yeah, sad to say, but lots of people can get in trouble over it. but it's part of the cycle. star trek has that problem of scripts being leaked to the net, along with anything that has a big following. but i oppose the idea of burning CDS and distributing them because obviously an exchange of money will occur, I don't care IF he's being a bit slow because he was the one that made this stuff, and it's not like he's going to get a cut..which is the whole reason why he is waiting for the right sort of deal because he wants money.

> Just have the patience for the actual release...

Telly...You're An Idiot!!

Why are you an idiot? Well here it is in your own words:

> I got these tracks because my brother knows Alain.

Ok, lets say for a second you do have them...

Why on Earth would you implicate Alain's name??? Would you like to see him get fired if these do make it onto the web??

If you had an once of brains...you wouldn't reveal a source like that simply because it can get Alain in trouble because of your brother's apparent backstabbing.

If you really felt the need to pirate this material, you should have asked about posting them without revealing where they came from.

In the end, I doubt its legit....but it sickens me that it might be a possability.

Back
Top Bottom