New Johnny Marr album

P

Punk_Lawyer

I got a copy of the new Johnny Marr and the Healers album from the record company this week. It is really good. Let me say, if you like Oasis then you will like this. It has that harder feel. Johnny's music sounds much more fast than Morrissey's does now. Does anyone else have a copy of the album yet?

You must be on some serious drugs. I've had a pre-release CD for a few weeks now and I am saddened to say this LP is the biggest pile of tuneless shite you could possibly imagine . Especiallly sad since its from a guy who was once pretty handy with a tune.
This is what happens when you sit on your arse for close to 20 years!

> I got a copy of the new Johnny Marr and the Healers album from the record
> company this week. It is really good. Let me say, if you like Oasis then
> you will like this.

Oh no! I despise Oasis. Damn. I really wanted to like this album too. I was thinking of going to see Johnny in Toronto on the 26th of January. Should I not bother then? If they sound anything like Oasis I'll set myself on fire if I have to endure a full hour of that.

> i like it, ive heard a few songs on MP3

Where can I hear more? I've only heard that one that's on the website. ('Down On the Corner' or whatever it's called.)

> You must be on some serious drugs. I've had a pre-release CD for a few
> weeks now and I am saddened to say this LP is the biggest pile of tuneless
> shite you could possibly imagine . Especiallly sad since its from a guy
> who was once pretty handy with a tune.
> This is what happens when you sit on your arse for close to 20 years!

Its not the biggest pile of shite. I agree with other comments that the Oasis sound is not for me. There is not enough of Johnny being Johnny (e.g., layering melodies) and a bit too much of being rockin. I dont love it but I dont hate it. Its gonna be a mid seller at best.

I gave up the serious drugs a while ago so dont be too concerned about that any more.

I like, 'Down on...'

I think Johnny did a great job, I hope the rest of the album is as good.