Never Heard Symphonies: Rarities Anthology

Re: Never-Heard Symphonies (2012 Edition)

A re-up of the Pablo Cuckoo rehearsal tape. 320 mp3 from Smithstorrents' original FLAC.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/b9we9c

pablocuckoomini.jpg

pablocuckoominiback.jpg

The complete Troy Tate sessions from the Summer of 1983. Includes first leaked batch (with corrected pitch), second leaked batch, and third leaked batched as mastered by the guy that runs the blog The Power of Independent Trucking.

Thanks to all the original uploaders, Smithstorrents, and all others involved.

Disc 1
Disc 2
Disc 3

TS_TTTS.jpg

Mr Skylarker, Mr R here! I tried to download your latest NHS and I got a trojan virus flagged up for my efforts!!! Anyone else had a problem? I had to obviously abandon the download. :(

Mr Skylarker, Mr R here! I tried to download your latest NHS and I got a trojan virus flagged up for my efforts!!! Anyone else had a problem? I had to obviously abandon the download. :(

It probably started to download the Sendspace downloader app too. There should be a link there that just gets you the file without the downloader.

It probably started to download the Sendspace downloader app too. There should be a link there that just gets you the file without the downloader.

This.

Sorry you had trouble, Mr. Reynolds.

That's the only thing I hate about Sendspace. Sometimes you have to watch or a piggyback app invites itself along. It's avoidable and it's not malware but it's sneaky. It counts on the user not paying attention.

Here's a screengrab of the page the link goes to. Just make sure you unclick the checked box beneath the Download tab, and you'll be fine.

capture_20140622_152132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This.

Sorry you had trouble, Mr. Reynolds.

That's the only thing I hate about Sendspace. Sometimes you have to watch or a piggyback app invites itself along. It's avoidable and it's not malware but it's sneaky. It counts on the user not paying attention.

Here's a screengrab of the page the link goes to. Just make sure you unclick the checked box beneath the Download tab, and you'll be fine.

capture_20140622_152132.jpg

I got this on my virus scanner report - Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Crypt.ZPACK.32162 [trojan]' - does that make sense with what you are saying re: the piggy back thing? It looks like malware doesn't it? I'm a bit nervous to try again....

I got this on my virus scanner report - Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Crypt.ZPACK.32162 [trojan]' - does that make sense with what you are saying re: the piggy back thing? It looks like malware doesn't it? I'm a bit nervous to try again....

It's an unwanted program. That is what Mozrecording was referring to. But it isn't a virus; it's just something Sendspace tries to get you to use. Software you don't need. If you pay attention to what you are downloading, it's quite easy to steer clear of.

I've already explained how to avoid it. I've downloaded countless things from Sendspace and never had an issue. And for all of the people who have downloaded from me over the years, I think that if I was trying to infect everyone's PCs someone would have busted me by now. I assure you it's safe.

But if you are afraid to go forward, don't. That's all I can say. Just listen to all this stuff on Youtube. There's a guy who calls himself Hipsterdisco; comes here and downloads every rarity he can find and then uploads it to Youtube and credits nobody.

It's an unwanted program. That is what Mozrecording was referring to. But it isn't a virus; it's just something Sendspace tries to get you to use. Software you don't need. If you pay attention to what you are downloading, it's quite easy to steer clear of.

I've already explained how to avoid it. I've downloaded countless things from Sendspace and never had an issue. And for all of the people who have downloaded from me over the years, I think that if I was trying to infect everyone's PCs someone would have busted me by now. I assure you it's safe.

But if you are afraid to go forward, don't. That's all I can say. Just listen to all this stuff on Youtube. There's a guy who calls himself Hipsterdisco; comes here and downloads every rarity he can find and then uploads it to Youtube and credits nobody.

Jesus - I certainly wasn't implying that you were 'trying' to infect anyone!!!

As you know I've shared quite a few rare bits freely in the past myself so I know filesharing can be fine. But that was quite a while ago and since then I've had a few bad experiences. I'm sorry if my anxiety has caused you offense, that wasn't my intention at all.

Jesus - I certainly wasn't implying that you were 'trying' to infect anyone!!!

As you know I've shared quite a few rare bits freely in the past myself so I know filesharing can be fine. But that was quite a while ago and since then I've had a few bad experiences. I'm sorry if my anxiety has caused you offense, that wasn't my intention at all.

I hear you. And yes, your contributions to the fanbase have been extraordinary.

I assure you, Sendspace is a legit filesharing site. But it's free and as with many free sites, it tries to get you to take extra apps/software you don't want. But if you pay attention, and watch what you are doing, you will be fine.

For folks that download lots of stuff, doing it through a virtual machine is always a good way to go. That way you can grab it, see if there's really a problem and reset the VM if you need too.

For folks that download lots of stuff, doing it through a virtual machine is always a good way to go. That way you can grab it, see if there's really a problem and reset the VM if you need too.

Basically what it comes down to is that sometimes, along with the file you want, a file called Setup.exe comes in...as a separate file, not attached to the music file. When you open your downloads folder, just delete the Setup.exe file, rather than clicking on it and running it. Problem solved.

I can't get The Slum Mums out of my head after uploading that new edit of it.

I might do a screen shot when I get home of what I have in my Morrissey/Smiths rare/misc folders in case I have anything that isn't listed in these, as I've accumulated some stuff over the years.

Thank you Skylarker for your continued work in sharing these gems.

Back
Top Bottom