my favourite singers and groups in 5 steps

Sadly, No Moz. This is a "Guitar World" post, so please feel free to ignore.

> MANI, F*CK YOU!!!!!!!! YOU DO NOT SAY @#!!! ABOUT RANDY
> RHOADS!!!!!!!!!

First of all, calm your vulgar ass down! I was merely stating ym displeasure for him. Nothing wrong with that. Keep your comments objective or shut the hell up.

> ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN KNOWS HE IS ONE OF THE
> GREATEST GUITARISTS THAT EVER LIVED AND I'M SORRY TO SAY, BETTER
> THAN ANY MORRISSEY-SOLO GUITARIST.

Okay, two-handed tapping is fascinating...to the eyes! But, how can you enjoy eighth notes that you can't noticeably hear?

Yes, that "Crazy Train" riff is a classic, but that rhythm that leads into the verse is just plain masturbatory. Rhoads is another case of a one-trick-pony lead guitarist, not being able to handle rhythm. Scott Ian is a good example of rhythm because he incorporates overwhemling speed with audiable chords.

Randy Rhoads is the best? Who would that guy be without "Mr. 5150"? The only difference is, Rhoads did it faster. Faster ain't better.

> ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS LISTEN.

"Listen" is the key. All the eighth notes in a guitar tablature magazine isn't gonna impress me. A guitarist like Rhoads needs to understand that less is more, and he put too much licks in his solos only because it was "in".

> RANDY EASILY RANKS UP THERE WITH PAGE, MARR, SLASH, CLAPTON,
> ETC.

OH GOD! Page stole from more than he benefitted. Page's bowing on "Dazed and Confused" was a stolen idea from another band called Trident, who's guitarist already did it. And, his tunings are what made the psychedelica, not his licks.

Clapton is the same damn story. Not an originator, a borrower.

Slash is credible--good sense of melody. But, I don't care for his blues work.

Marr might've just blown it with this Beck thing. If the track sucks, and the Healers suck, I might have to just dismiss him entirely.

> IT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK TRAGEDIES THAT HE DIED AFTER
> ONLY TWO ALBUMS WITH OZZY.

Tragic, yes. Still, his only testament was an early death, and it causes people to magnify his talent. Yes, he was young, and you can only wonder how much better he'd been if he was still around.

> YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE F*CK YOU ARE
> TALKING ABOUT SO JUST GIVE UP THIS TOPIC.

Look, Pantera! I've seen Randy Rhoads onstage. I've studied 6 years of Lydian, Pythagorean, Ionian, and Mixolydian Modes. I've done permutation exercises everyday for six years. I know the ethic it takes to play guitar.

You have no knowledge of true history involving guitar. The real originators are in the jazz, blues, and classical music that everyone dismisses. That's why these so-called 'legends' don't impress me.

I can back up my integrity on this issue. Where's yours? (And don't post in caps this time!)

Re: Ozzy has no buisness in Morrissey-Solo

I am not saying he's a dunce or anything. I just think he's funny. I mean, I had a hard time not laughing during all 30 mintues of Ozzy's "Behind the Music".

"My daughter always tells me, 'Daddy when my friends come over, please don't curse.' But, honey, if I can't curse then what the hell am I gonna talk about?!?"-Ozzy

That was funny. And, that comes from an amazing musical genius? I'd say he's an interesting guy. I just think he's the funniest 'interview guy' on any music network.

I don't care for his music, or any metal in fact. I was in Junior High years ago, and that is where my metal collection lies. But, I'll say that Ozzy was a big part of it then, and only then.

Re: Ozzy has no buisness in Morrissey-Solo

> my dearest mani: if you think i am an idiot for liking ozzy, say
> it.

I am not trying to pick on you. I just don't like Ozzy's music. It's an odd place to bring it up.

> if you think ozzy doesn't know how to sing, say it.

Okay. Ozzy can't sing. He can hardly talk, either, but he is a great interview piece.

> but again:
> the expression you used is fascist. only david tseng have right
> to say what can or cannot be written here - the place is his.

What if Morrissey logged on, and read posts about Ozzy?

> anyway, i'm a big black sabbath fan (ozzy period). i don't know
> pratically anything about his solo career or his interviews.

Sabbath's first two records were classic. After that, they became more and more of a parody. (If you don't believe me, check out the Tony Martin stuff. Egh!)

> but a singer who sang such a powerful songs deserves a little
> bit of respect.

Respect, I'll give him as a man. He's got quite a story. But, musically, I'll sleep on it....

> you can post something about garth brooks (the only two songs i
> heard from him i liked anyway).

No thanks!

> and be sure if you post
> something about men at work or simply red i won't say that here
> is not the place to talk about them.

I don't like either of those bands. And, from what I've seen, they weren't well recieved on this site.

> i'll say that these things
> are among the worst things i've ever heard.

Well, I'm sure Ozzy, Men at Work, and Simply Red have sites, too.

> but never forget about free speech.

Free speech is relative, even in America. You can't say the 'F' word in high school halls. You can't say the 'F' word on T.V. And it even gets censored on this site.

There are just some places appropriate for certain discussion. Think of it this way, remember the guy who posted all that crap about Eminem several months ago? Don't tell me you thought it was cool!

my final statement

i think i have right to post about ozzy here and i'll still post it until david tseng will censore me.

you have no rights to say what i have or not have to post here. you are not david tseng.

> I am not trying to pick on you. I just don't like Ozzy's music.
> It's an odd place to bring it up.

> Okay. Ozzy can't sing. He can hardly talk, either, but he is a
> great interview piece.

> What if Morrissey logged on, and read posts about Ozzy?

> Sabbath's first two records were classic. After that, they
> became more and more of a parody. (If you don't believe me,
> check out the Tony Martin stuff. Egh!)

> Respect, I'll give him as a man. He's got quite a story. But,
> musically, I'll sleep on it....

> No thanks!

> I don't like either of those bands. And, from what I've seen,
> they weren't well recieved on this site.

> Well, I'm sure Ozzy, Men at Work, and Simply Red have sites,
> too.

> Free speech is relative, even in America. You can't say the 'F'
> word in high school halls. You can't say the 'F' word on T.V.
> And it even gets censored on this site.

> There are just some places appropriate for certain discussion.
> Think of it this way, remember the guy who posted all that crap
> about Eminem several months ago? Don't tell me you thought it
> was cool!

madredeus

p.s.

> What if Morrissey logged on, and read posts about Ozzy?

you are david tseng and you know morrissey personally.

what a smart guy!

madredeus

HEY! Shut up already!!

> I am not saying he's a dunce or anything. I just think he's
> funny. I mean, I had a hard time not laughing during all 30
> mintues of Ozzy's "Behind the Music".

That was 60 minutes. Probably about 45 if you subtract commercials.

Anyways, I don't know what the hell you are trying to do here but it's getting very annoying. Lots of people like Ozzy, you don't. Big deal. Go away.

Re: HEY! Shut up already!!

Look, JEFF. (That's how you're supposed to spell your name. Go back to school.)

I made no personal attacks until the Ozzfests decided to whiplash me with their hair. I don't like Ozzy and I have every damn right to say it.

My whole point of even posting this much is this [God knows if anyone has a credible answer for it]: "WHY POST ABOUT OZZY ON MORRISSEY-SOLO?" But, with I'm willing to bet [with the exception of Fabricio, who hasn't made any antagonistic remarks] I'm just gonna get alot of crap-talk.

Either talk turkey with me, or YOU can shut the hell up already!

You're even more of a loser than I thought. You just couldn't swallow your pride and shut up like you know you should. People are going to start ignoring you. All you do here is pick and argue. I'll make it plain... You need a life.

> You're even more of a loser than I thought.

And you're a winner? I challenge you to be coherent, but all you can do is talk degenerate trash. You call me a loser? That's real rich coming from YOU.

> You just couldn't
> swallow your pride and shut up like you know you should.

In fact, I'm proud have said all of that. I know I should shut my mouth? I'll take Fabricio's wisdom and say that I have a right to post any damn thing I feel on this board. Just because it's an unpopular opinion doesn't mean jack to me. People don't agree, so live with it.

> People
> are going to start ignoring you.

Whatever. I'm gonna post something, and next to the thread it's gonna be "viewers: 0". Right? Shut up, idiot.

> All you do here is pick and
> argue.

More hypocritical bull@#!!! from you! If you don't agree with me, then debate it. The only feedback I'm getting from you is South Park lingo.

> I'll make it plain... You need a life. .

You're the immature little c-u-n-t that can only defend himself with "mother jokes". You think you have a life? You think you have intelligence? PROVE IT! Say something coherent and objective to the "Ozzy" subject.

I knew you couldn't. All you have in you are your stupid playground snaps that make up for the education you passed up. If you have anything coherent to say, then say it. Otherwise, YOU shut the hell up.

If people want to ingore me, fine. You were never forced to read my posts. And, I'm not forced to read anyone elses. Next time, drag the mouse over someone else's post. That'll solve all your problems.

> You're the immature little c-u-n-t

Hmmm, southpark lingo?

Don't worry, I won't waste anymore of my time on your sorry ass. Anyone can see the truth.

Back
Top Bottom