MSG show postponed. that sucks.

yeah but he can't play Friday and claim to be sick on Saturday...which happens to be the day of the BIG show. MSG was supposed to be east coast's Hollywood Bowl.

Yes, this is a conspiracy theory. before the stones are thrown...

Maybe i shouldn't have said anything.

It sounds convincing until you take into account he played 7 songs of a show, at which the audience (as can be seen from the comments about the show on Solo) actually detected his voice wasn't up to it, and then cancelled the show. So what you're saying is, in order to justify cancelling some shows, Morrissey would play 7 songs of a show AND fake a bad voice, in order to do it. That's just insane! You cannot believe he would do that.

People love to think the worst don't they. Says more about them than Morrissey.

it doesn't really say anything bad about them. it's better than...

monkeys.jpg

It makes no difference how many tix are on StubHub... if they sell out at the venue, the venue and the act got their money. If the resellers were overeager, that's only going to affect the next tour's sales... "we got stuck with dozens last time he toured, so we're not buying them up this time."

It makes no difference how many tix are on StubHub... if they sell out at the venue, the venue and the act got their money. If the resellers were overeager, that's only going to affect the next tour's sales... "we got stuck with dozens last time he toured, so we're not buying them up this time."

it shows there is no demand when FLOOR GA tickets were available for a couple months on stubhub and only a few a week get sold. at decent prices too...below face the last couple of weeks.

yes, i also kept track of stubhub. after the presales, there were 109 GA FLOOR seats available on stubhub. after the general sale, there were 133 GA FLOOR tickets on stubhub. these are premium seats that weren't being offered by TM at the time. it took over a month for 20 of these tickets to sell. if even that. and this is only one reseller site. at one time there were over 550 tickets total on stubhub.

and many premium tickets on stubhub are from corporate 'scalpers'. meaning they are not being resold. stubhub is provided with premium tickets to many events straight from the venues and promoters. Ticketmaster even sued stubhub a few months ago due to this practice. it's important to point out stubhub denies this happens.

i would place the NYC demand for Morrissey to be between 5,000-8,000. 5,000 for a one night only, poorly promoted show (like the 2004 US tour). 8,000 for a show that is decently promoted (as was the current MSG show). of course there probably is no way to find out how tickets sold. i honestly don't see how morrissey could get that much more than Radio City. that was his comeback tour afterall.

ALL MY OPINION. THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD AFTERALL

yes just got the email from msg,very bummed since i had tix for all the cancled shows. Now im just worried about mon va because i plan to leave on sun so hopefully there is word one way or the other. for the record i scored a ga msg ticket during presale and i agree even though we all get the info tty should post something

oh come on guys... Moz is sick :(
there were 5000 people in Boston, and Philly was sold out!!

Philadelphia Daily News:

Morrissey: If you're holding tickets to tonight's scheduled (and sold out) show with Morrissey and Kristen Young at the Mann Center, put them in a safe place. The dour crooner ended his Boston show on Tuesday prematurely after seven songs, suffering severe throat pain. He was ordered by a doctor to not sing for three days - which meant postponing the Philly show to a "soon to be announced" new date...

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/20070629_hedline.html

Will all the conspiracy theorists please read the above? Philly was sold out. He's sick. He sounded sick in Boston and he looked sick in the 1 picture I've seen from Boston. I hope he has a good weekend and feels better for Wolf Trap on Monday. :(

Incidentally, the only reason I'm not on a plane right now on my way to see him in NYC is b/c it was a lot of money to spend on 1 show. I almost decided to do it anyway. I would have been in tears when I got there only to find out that it was cancelled.

it shows there is no demand when FLOOR GA tickets were available for a couple months on stubhub and only a few a week get sold. at decent prices too...below face the last couple of weeks.

yes, i also kept track of stubhub. after the presales, there were 109 GA FLOOR seats available on stubhub. after the general sale, there were 133 GA FLOOR tickets on stubhub. these are premium seats that weren't being offered by TM at the time. it took over a month for 20 of these tickets to sell. if even that. and this is only one reseller site. at one time there were over 550 tickets total on stubhub.

and many premium tickets on stubhub are from corporate 'scalpers'. meaning they are not being resold. stubhub is provided with premium tickets to many events straight from the venues and promoters. Ticketmaster even sued stubhub a few months ago due to this practice. it's important to point out stubhub denies this happens.

i would place the NYC demand for Morrissey to be between 5,000-8,000. 5,000 for a one night only, poorly promoted show (like the 2004 US tour). 8,000 for a show that is decently promoted (as was the current MSG show). of course there probably is no way to find out how tickets sold. i honestly don't see how morrissey could get that much more than Radio City. that was his comeback tour afterall.

ALL MY OPINION. THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD AFTERALL

It doesn't matter if he sold 3 or 30,000 tickets. Answer the question - do you really believe that, in order to cancel the show, he would indulge in such charades as playing 7 songs at a sold out venue and during that, fake a damaged voice? Cos if the answer to that question isn't 'yes' then all talk of ticket sales is academic.

It sounds convincing until you take into account he played 7 songs of a show, at which the audience (as can be seen from the comments about the show on Solo) actually detected his voice wasn't up to it, and then cancelled the show. So what you're saying is, in order to justify cancelling some shows, Morrissey would play 7 songs of a show AND fake a bad voice, in order to do it. That's just insane! You cannot believe he would do that.

Exactly. If he wanted to cancel shows including Boston (sold out) and Philly (sold out) he might just announce he was ill with fever or watever before going on stage in Boston and trying to sing, trying not to disappoint the fans ... :eek:

For example during MCR American tour with MUSE as a supporting act, at somepoint some members of the band got ill from food poisoning and had to cancel many shows.
They are after all HUMAN, although some people seem not to believe that is true either :D

The best part is the "Please don't quote me, all you media types".

I'm beginning to fear that we're very close to getting an announcement that the whole tour is going to be postponed. Due to illness, or whatever. Which sadly will mean that I will be the proud owner of a vacation to Knoxville, TN for...erm, nothing.

Philly was definitely not sold out, at least not as of when the cancellation was announced (I know this because I trolled their site all day to make sure that tix were still available).

And it looks like I'll be making a trip to NYC anyway because I promised my sister-in-law that I'd take care of her house & cats while she's on her honeymoon. She's in the Caribbean at a place that prides itself on having no way to contact the outside world, or to have the outside world contact guests. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

Here's the reason I recieved from the Mann Center.

For Immediate Release: June 27, 2007

"Morrissey regrettably had to end his show at Boston's Bank Of America Pavilion last night after 30 minutes due to a throat infection that made it impossible for him to continue. The audience of almost 5000 strong experienced a fantastic opening 7 numbers that included classics The Queen Is Dead and The Last Of The Famous International Playboys. In the intro to National Front Disco Morrissey told the audience, "We recorded the David Letterman Show last night in a studio that was 30 degrees below zero. 29 degrees below I can take but 30 below was too much and unfortunately it will not just be the emotions cracking tonight but my voice as well." Three songs later he was unable to continue and the show came to a close. As a result the shows in Northampton, Mass tonight and Philadelphia on Friday night have also been postponed. We hope to announce new dates for each city in the next few days. All tickets will be honoured for the new dates. The tour will continue in New York at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night."

i've just had an email from sharron needles and she says that this thread is making HER blood boil. If you guys dont shut the french the doors SHES gonna break your face. This Gym Queen dont play!

Back
Top Bottom